Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • How to combat feelings of frustration, anger and getting easily wound up.
  • grumm
    Free Member

barca2 – so why are you recommending other people do the same stupid thing you did? Because it turned out well for you in the end? 😕

oldgit
    Free Member

I never ever bothered to find out why I was like I was, though it's interesting to see the way people deal with it i.e like Barca or in an aggressive manor.
    That said I think I do now know why.
    So I've gone from someone who saw everything as black and white, to someone with huge paramiters. The only problem being is cross those parimeters and all hell breaks loose.
    The excercise is a cliché but it does work. I stole a bike and went to join the Legion, however I got as far as the coast and became a bum.

EDIT EDIT EDIT I stole a motorbike not a bicycle I'm not a theif 😐

molgrips
    Free Member

I don't think barca was actually recommending it.. 🙄

grumm
    Free Member

I don't think barca was actually recommending it..

Well what was the point of his first post exactly? 🙄

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

You patronising (edited 'cos my drugs are kicking in again and I'm calming down) grum!
    What gives you the right to say if it was stupid for me?
    It was at the time by far the best option for me and it took a very long time for things to calm down a bit. Quite a bit went on in between as well and would you effing believe it, once I had got things straightened out, I ended up back on a psychie ward for a long spell following a very nice experience having a very large vacumm chamber quite literally getting ready to have my insides on the outside.
    I'm off now, the wooly there-there let's have a cuddle spouters have ceased to ammuse me and a regularly beaten young lady and her two year old son are in need of my employers services. That would be me trying to get them to a safe place of residence then.
    Funny old world, innit?
    Bye
    Xx

update – it was clearly an attempt at black humour you humourles twunt!
    I dare say it was also a heavuly veiled dig at the patronising clowns on this forum ever ready to bang away at the keybords with their endless 'it will all get better, dearie' spouting rubbish when everybody (and let's stop dicking about and get down to it) including the person who asked for advice in the first place knows he/she should either go and get some help, carry on and hope it doesn't all go wrong or graba few scripts, a bottle of something of his/her choice and take the last option he/she will probably ever take.
    I really need to go now. The service users have arrived.
    T'ra.

grumm
    Free Member

You patronising (edited 'cos my drugs are kicking in again and I'm calming down) grum!
    What gives you the right to say if it was stupid for me?

What gives you the right to suggest someone commits suicide on a thread where they are clearly showing signs of mental problems?

Idiot.

Macavity
    Free Member

Go for long walk some where you like, and what a difference it makes. Some people get a dog so they have an excuse to go for long walks. But all you need is some where interesting: up and down some hill(s), through some trees, watch some birds feeding/ flying……. whatever gets your attention takes your mind away from things and …….. justs resets the angry button that seems to have been pressed by accident.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I hope some of this advice is helping molgrips…

Talkemada
    Free Member

Barca2; the OP was asking for advice, and you seem to want to turn this into some sort of attention seeking vehicle. Personally, I (and obviously others), don't really feel your comments are particularly helpful towards the OP, and perhaps this isn't the right time and place for them.

You do, however, have the right to express yourself, but maybe that could be done more sensitively and effectively on another thread? As this is obviously causing tension on this one.

I'm not attacking you, btw, just asking for some sensitivity toward the OP (and indeed anyone suffering from any form of mental illness).

XX

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

arrgh – I have to walk away.
    The last thing form me I promise.
    Because you patronising ****,….og, sod it, I can't be arsed.
    No kisses for you grum but lots for everybody else.
    ps. just in case it's gone over your head (I'm attempting irony with the kisses)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

C U barca2, keep your pecker up. After the levelling off, it might start to go up again. Stick with the job and just work on it, it'll get better at some stage. Good luck.

grumm
    Free Member

update – it was clearly an attempt at black humour you humourles twunt!

Hilarious. And really appropriate and helpful. Well done.

As someone currently being treated for depression maybe I'm a little sensitive. Or just a patronising **** eh?

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Hey grum, it's a forum and I was giving the opinion I'd been asked for (which hasn't changed in light of your response, thank you very much). The OP might have depression, or he might not. If you got off your high horse for a second you'd have noticed that I asked a question of him, as the answer (in my experience) MIGHT be a place to start looking for an explanation of his feelings/behaviour.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

And BTW, I know some GPs who waste a huge amount of time dealing with people who believe that there are easy answers to everything and nothing is their responsibility.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Shame that an appeal for help has degenerated into a slanging match where the sufferer has become a football in a game of willy-waving, isn't it? 😐

Edit: That's a TERRIBLE mixed metaphor, sorry…

thomthumb
    Free Member

make sure you eat well, drink water, sleep well, exercise a bit and all with some sort of routine.

this will help you feel better. and the routine will help you feel a bit more in control.

obviously this is not the fix all solution but i't a damn good start.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

zedhead
    Free Member

Found this thread very interesting.
    I often get frustrated and annoyed, invariably with myself for procrastination, so when I saw that one of those links had a self-help 'stop procrastination' tutorial, I saved it in my favourites as 'Read this tomorrow'…

firestarter
    Free Member

i feel like that most of the time . our lass blames the army for the way i am (and she works in mental health so has some idea on things of that nature). could be right lol i just put it down to being a bad tempered ****t with a very short fuse and a deep seated hatred for background noise for some reason , which is very odd.

i try to relax and as much as i hate the phrase chill out. get out on the bike or keep busy and try not to be so snappy seems to work ok to a point i still fly off the handle. tho i have been worse recently as been off the bike for about a month so far due to surgery and more to come ;-(

my mates say our lass takes her work to seriously by taking me home to work on 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Good lord. I was going to flippantly suggest not reading STW any more, but after reading this thread I think it might actually be good advice.

+whatever for talking to your GP, quite common and should be easy to fix.

🙂

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

the sufferer

So this guy has now been diagnosed as clinically depressed by a bunch of distracted internet skivers who've never met him?

grumm
    Free Member

So this guy has now been diagnosed as clinically depressed by a bunch of distracted internet skivers who've never met him?

No, most people suggested going to see someone who is actually in a position to assess and help him. Seems your user name is quite appropriate.

BTW apparently browsing internet forums too much is a fairly common trait of people who are depressed. Guilty.

mrsflash
    Free Member

No, I think you'll find that some of us who have been in the same position noticed some key symptoms which MAY BE caused by depression and advised him to see a professional about it. The symptom I spotted was teeth grinding, this and clenching your jaw are very very common physical symptoms of depression, and one I get myself.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

OP: take comfort that you appear to be a caring and worthwhile human being.

"GPs who waste a huge amount of time dealing with people who believe that there are easy answers to everything and nothing is their responsibility."

So you are, in a backhand way, suggesting that the OP is a time-waster. Very rude and un-sociable indeed!

"Internet skiver"

And I object to being called an "Internet skiver". I don't have feelings of guilt about my Internet usage, but perhaps you do?

I think it's clear who's got the real issues!

BermBandit
    Free Member

Plus 1 for go to GP
    Plus 1 for Depression
    Plus 1 for serotonin level needs sorting
    Plus 1 for CBT

Whatever anyone says to yo, if the above is correct and it seems a lot like it may be, (incidentally eczma is another symptom), you cannot resolve it through MTFU or any of the other crap that people trot out. However, solutions are available, very effective and not especially difficult to obtain. If your GP is unhelpful demand (politely and non-violently of course), a second opinion. I didn't, and it took me a further 10 years of utter crap to get sorted.

One of the good things about STW is that there are loads of fellow sufferers out there, and generally they are very supportive and honest about it. To be honest if everyone who was suffering had a green dot on the forehead as a symptom we would all be freaking out about the epidemic.

mrsflash
    Free Member

One of the good things about STW is that there are loads of fellow sufferers out there, and generally they are very supportive and honest about it.

as I said in my post on the cycling books trhead the other day, I swear there is some sort of correlation between cycling and depression.

oldgit
    Free Member

Three interesting side symptoms there that I can put a tick against.

Sorry if my personal view upset anyone, but another problem is that the time you seem to need help is when your not responsive to it. Learnt more here today than over the last thirty odd years. I'm only half joking, back then it was Army or nuthouse hence I legged it.

Talkemada
    Free Member

I often get frustrated and annoyed, invariably with myself for procrastination, so when I saw that one of those links had a self-help 'stop procrastination' tutorial, I saved it in my favourites as 'Read this tomorrow'…

😆

Sorry.

😳

mrsflash
    Free Member

Sorry if my personal view upset anyone, but another problem is that the time you seem to need help is when your not responsive to it.

that is absolutely true. the day you start looking for help, you actually know you are on the mend as you can't look for help when you are at your lowest. Later on, you learn to go for help when you start spotting the syptoms again. I'm just about to ring my mental health midwife as I have started jaw clenching and insomnia again.

molgrips
    Free Member

Plus 1 for CBT

This keeps coming up, but I have no idea why learning to ride a motorbike would help…?

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

So you are, in a backhand way, suggesting that the OP is a time-waster.

No. I'm suggesting he ask himself a few simple questions BEFORE going off to the GP.

How come so many people on here seem to have no comprehension of written English?

Squirrel

Try a light box. I got a Phillips "GoLite" a few months ago and it has transformed my winter life. A bit pricey but worth every penny.

satsoma
    Free Member

This keeps coming up, but I have no idea why learning to ride a motorbike would help…?

Cognitive Behavioural Therapy 🙂

Blower
    Free Member

In my experience,BUT everyone's different,counsilling may or may not work,and dont write off medication as that may help with your Seretonin levels etc…worth a try imo.
    Biking and the gym is a must to beat that anger,bit of boxing or on the punch bags does wonders too,.
    suffered with it majority of my life,and all the drugs dint help too(ie illegal ones)

DezB
    Free Member

What a typical STW thread this is.
    I'm sure the OP expected it when he posted, well, I'd hope he did.

Anyway, I've been there and some of the answers above worked for me – boxing, mountain biking and most of all – A NEW JOB.

It was my job driving me nuts and I took that out on everyone else.

An outlet for the aggression (eg. boxing) is very worthwhile, but you have to do it a lot to really work out the aggression. 1 hour a week is not enough.

Therapy is for Yanks. IMO.

Blower
    Free Member

yes therapy dint work for me,im still battling it 15 years on,just do shiteloads of exercise with biking,gym,and boxing etc…beer is a no no for you, and for me cant do it nowadays,my heart aint too good though,the illegal substances have taken their toll on me… ;0S

grumm
    Free Member

just do shiteloads of exercise

What do you do if doing shiteloads of exercise makes you ill?

glenncampbell

Dooge – well done for recognising the problem, making an effort to do something about it and asking for advice. Some counselling may well help -and of course deal with the cause rather then the effects.

Some of the posters here have been very brave in making their past decisions open to others here and I respect that – fair play all. Some of the other comments in reply have been less than positive and that's just hugely disappointing, albeit typical for STW forums. I kindly suggest that judging others publicly isn't always a nice trait.

Blower
    Free Member

I'll as in what grum?don't do it if so and try somet else,just helps for me that's all

BermBandit
    Free Member

Dickheads who trot out MTFU lines and “theres nothing wrong with you that a good <fill in your own stupid platitude> won’t sort out”, are the main reason why I made myself a promise to be open and upfront about my experiences because it just might stop someone else extending their problem for longer than absolutely necessary..

Depression and anxiety are caused by chemical imbalances in your body which effect your brains activity. There is nothing you can do alone that will make that change, albeit there are things you can do that will mitigate the symptoms. I wasted a ridiculous amount of my life manning the **** up and having a good <insert own platitude> to sort myself out. Its called self medication and is widely seen to be yet another symptom nowadays.

Frankly those kind of comments would at one time have boiled my piss, but now make me pause think about it and look for a different approach so that I can achieve a positive outcome……

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘How to combat feelings of frustration, anger and getting easily wound up.’ is closed to new replies.