Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • How much insurance would you get if you were shot at work?
  • damascus
    Free Member

If you have a suspicion you should phone the police. The financial investigation team might look at it if they have other bits of intelligence or if they had an unproven suspicion at the time. However  as you have put it on the Internet, contacting the police might not be wise.

If he’s bought property the normal SAR (suspicious activity report) process will have been followed and referred to the police if its unexplained.

Chances are he’s just saved up for years and finally thought he should spend it after a near death experience. Money in muck and all that.

My ten pence, legit scrap yards don’t get targetted by armed robbers unless they have loads of cash on site. New laws mean payments to banks after ID has been used to set up an account so they don’t do cash now.

It’s possible they were going to steal raw materials but scrapyards usually have great security, cctv etc. There are easier targets out there.

So, he either slept with someone he shouldn’t have, has cash on site for some unknown reason or he has been involved in dodgy dealings and brought it on himself, has terrible security or the other scrap yard wanted to put him out if business ?

funkmasterp

Sources tell me there was some tension between the scrap yard owner and a rival scrap yard owner.

Did this end with them having a scrap?

Tumble

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

It’s not just if you die AT work,

Yes we had an amusing day at work recently when one seemingly intelligent colleague let it slip that he thought he was only insured if he died AT work and about whether he could struggle into the office with an injury before shuffling off this mortal coil.

Nico
    Free Member

Enough to move from a 3-bed in the suburbs to a place in the countryside and a Bentley

I think you’d need to have suffered head injuries to get a Bentley.

zippykona

A kid in my class had a scrappy for a dad.
    We used to call him steptoe until one of the class went to his house.
    In out drive , a fountain and his and hers Porsches.

toby1

This also suggests that the Scrappy would have some kind of insurance against employees being shot at work, is there such a thing, and if so would your average scrap merchant have it?

There are a lot of scenarios though, near death experience, they have cashed in savings, sold a house in town for a cheaper countryside place and bought the car of their dreams. Boss at the scrapyard felt bad, had a check down the back of the sofa and gave them a couple of hundred grand as a pay-off. Sued the owner for injury at work and got a settlement to keep it out of court, or won big in court.

gobuchul
    Free Member

A kid in my class had a scrappy for a dad.
    We used to call him steptoe until one of the class went to his house.
    In out drive , a fountain and his and hers Porsches.

Back in the day, I knew the nephew of Freddy Shepherd, they made huge amounts from being in scrap.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘How much insurance would you get if you were shot at work?’ is closed to new replies.