Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • How much holiday entitlement do you get?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

4 weeks plus stats here and it would seem the boss begrudges everyone of them! I casually reminded him i was off for half term week today which brought about much moaning, i hadnt told him etc etc, so much for asking for a bit more holiday next year 🙄

Harry_the_Spider

22 days + stats + time between christmas and new year.

tops5
    Free Member

25 days + stats

mk1fan
    Free Member

As much as I want.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

27 plus stats if we’re lucky!

momo

I get 26 days + service entitlement (3 days this year, 4 next and goes up to a max of 5 days at 10 years completed service) + bank holidays. So this year I have 38 days leave plus 3 days carried over from the last financial year.

molgrips
    Free Member

The new job I’m starting gives me 25, with (if I read this right) the option to buy another TWENTY! Giving a staggering nine weeks.. tempting!

philconsequence
    Free Member

20 days + bank holidays. no sick pay.

uplink
    Free Member

I’ve been here so long, I now get 34 + stats

+ extra Christmas days that they announce in Dec – 3 extra last year

mudshark
    Free Member

25 days + stats

That’s the norm in office jobs isn’t it? Mostly get more days in Europe, whilst the US gets less – maybe 10 days to start with.

Long service people in John Lewis get 6 months to say thanks.

momo

Molgrips, are you buying those days at a reduced price, or is it unpaid leave? If it’s the former that could be very nice!

headfirst
    Free Member

13 weeks. 8)

It’s what keeps me in this line of work.

clubber
    Free Member

25 days + stats but since we work a 4.5 day week, in effect I get more days off ( a week off only uses up 4.5 days holiday ).

cranberry
    Free Member

34 days
    7 occasional days
    Bank holidays*
    11 days every 2nd year to maintain ties to my home country.

Flexitime – we can work 16 hours in advance, and have a negative balance of up to 16 hours.

* only if they fall on a work day, unlike the UK where you get the subsequent Monday off if the BH falls on a weekend

molgrips
    Free Member

I dunno, momo – not found out yet. I expect it’s the latter though!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Been here ten yrs now, it’s the building industry norm. Going to have to have a chat about it though coz kids growing up fast and I wanna spend more time with them! To be fair tho it’s only recently that this industry hasn’t included your bank hols in your 4 weeks 😯

uplink
    Free Member

20 + stats is pretty much the minimum they have to give you

allthepies
    Free Member

30 days + bank hols.

Next year it’s 35 days + bank hols (but only as a one-off, then back to 30).

atlaz
    Free Member

25 days plus bank holidays plus two extra half days around christmas and new year

wolvesdug
    Free Member

25 days+ stats here

ciderinsport
    Free Member

365 days 😆

oh and 1 extra next year!

FuzzyWuzzy

26 + stats here, we used to go up to 30 + stats with long service but they bought those back from most people (increased salary) and no offer it. Mind you our US counterparts seem to get shafted on holiday so I don’t feel too bad.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

41 days including public holidays – awarded an extra 5 this year as as reward for 10 years of not being able to get another job

enduro-aid
    Free Member

28 days + stats

and i thought i was doing good untill i read some of the above posts……wheres my HR rep?

footflaps

25 + Bank Hols

steveh

25 days plus 8 (or 9) bank holidays plus 6 flexi days per year (will always do enough hours to cover this) and I can buy or sell another 5 on top of this as long as my manager agrees.

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

I though new statutory minimum (implemented in the last year) was 5.6 weeks 28 days, but this can include public holidays

uplink
    Free Member

was 5.6 weeks 28 days

in other words, 20+stats

edd

24 days + stats

GrahamS

30 days, but no stats.

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

uplink – tru dat but I work in retail therefore stats are just another work day so I prefer to think 28 days

EDIT – or 29 as it was this year .. thank you Willy-Katey

bristolbiker
    Free Member

25 days + stats + ~3 days at Xmas at the discretion of the management.

TheFlyingOx

207 days a year holiday. It’s more like semi-retirement than a job 😀

uplink
    Free Member

it’s often believed that the stats are indeed stats, but they’re not

trickydisco
    Free Member

30 days* + bank holidays + extra stat day after easter monday for some reason
    Time off between xmas and new year

* Can top up to 52 days if you include flexi leave at 2 days per month

blades2000
    Free Member

0 or 365 depending if you view being a stay at home dad as work. It sure seems like 0 some of the time however, time with my daughter is precious so am happy with my current situation. 😀

CaptJon
    Free Member

35 days + stats + time at christmas

In all honesty it is too much and i struggle to take it all.

yossarian
    Free Member

30 days plus stats

but my boss is super cool about me taking extra time to look after kids etc.

trail_rat
    Free Member

28 day + 4 days at xmas n new year plus a day in leiu for every weekend out the country ( as well as being paid day rate for said weekend and spending the weekend sightseeing in other countries)

Doubt ill be back in the office this year due to accrued days and left over hols 🙂

organic355
    Free Member

zero

self employed..

or whatever I can afford to take off without getting paid.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘How much holiday entitlement do you get?’ is closed to new replies.