Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • How much difference will it make with British getting involved with bombing ?
  • chip
    Free Member

If I was a civilian in an IS dominated area, I reckon I’d feel a damn sight safer knowing there were more people bombing Isis…

And would be joining a resistance group or opposition force to rid my homeland of the scum.

binners

You want to have a word with Dave. He might let you join the 70,000 like-minded, liberal, yet disciplined, democracy-loving, non-beheady volunteers he’s already enlisted over there

bails

And would be joining a resistance group or opposition force to rid my homeland of the scum.

You want to have a word with Dave. He might let you join the 70,000 like-minded, liberal, yet disciplined, democracy-loving, non-beheady volunteers he’s already enlisted over there

What are you suggesting? They’re all totally real, and totally western loving. Who are they? Oh…you wouldn’t know them, they go to a different school. He met them on holiday, but they’re totally super real and cool.

jimjam
    Free Member

chip

Which is probably the mindset of young British/French/Belgian/American Muslims heading to Syria to join the Jihad.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Anyone else musing on the ambiguity in this statement?

chip
    Free Member

Which is probably the mindset of young British/French/Belgian/American Muslims heading to Syria to join the Jihad.

terrorist sympathising at its Stw best.
    No because there homeland would be Britian,France,Belgium and America. And there is no excuse for joining Isis twisted ideology,

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I think the UK should take the lead &, NOT do any bombing but strengthen our borders considerably by which I mean doing even more vigorous checks on refugees coming into the country. We need a bigger & even better intelligence network to ID any IS members & even sympathisers & when we know who they are…pop them off without any reports or broadcasting, total secrecy if possible.
    When IS’s mates start vanishing without trace that might put the willies up them cos bombing the crap out of Syria sure won’t.

Ah well, one can imagine anyway.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Ah well, one can imagine anyway.

It’s good to know who the stasi collaborators would have been.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No because there homeland would be Britian,France,Belgium and America. And there is no excuse for joining Isis twisted ideology,

You don’t like the idea of foreigners interfering chip?

What’s brought about this dramatic change of heart since yesterday?

chip
    Free Member

if people wish to turn there back on their own countries to join a religious death cult they will get no sympathy from me.

doris5000

It’s good to know who the stasi collaborators would have been.

All he said was that we should have a huge intelligence network that keeps tabs on everyone’s political opinions, presumably using informants and secret infiltrators, backed up by a ‘secret police’ that kills people that don’t hold certain state-sanctioned viewpoints! What does that have to do with the Stasi? 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

they will get no sympathy from me.

Unlike the “terrorist sympathising at its Stw best” which you talk about in your previous post ?

You do realise chip that by posting on this thread you are associating with a bunch of terrorist sympathisers.

Which makes you almost as bad as those MPs who voted ‘No’ last night.

jimmy

Have Jaegerbombs been suggested? Drop a shedload of them, send the troops in for a right good knees up and make them realise we’re not half bad actually.

kimbers

Yay we blue up an oil refinery !

I’m sure the civilians who worked there , assuming the they weren’t on the nightshift will be more than grateful that weve ruined their livelihood as well as destroying yet another bit of their country’s in infrastructure. I bet they haven’t stopped celebrating all day

Turkey and Assad may have to part more for their fuel tho

Good piece here about how IS gets is weapons.http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/baad34e4-973c-11e5-9228-87e603d47bdc.html#axzz3tFrPPgem

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Looks like Cameron has got his answer in early to the question “why hasn’t the bombing solved the ISIS problem?”

Syria air strikes: David Cameron warns of long campaign

Needless to say yesterday’s Tornado air strike was of course a complete success.

Any setbacks in the future, such as a terrorist attack in the UK or ISIS capturing territory, will simply prove that the policy of bombing should be stepped up with even greater vigour.

jimjam
    Free Member

chip

terrorist sympathising at its Stw best.
    No because there homeland would be Britian,France,Belgium and America. And there is no excuse for joining Isis twisted ideology, [/quote]

Ahhhhh get over yourself. Would you struggle with the children of British ex-pats considering themselves British? Or people of Indian/Pakistani/Jamaican extraction considering themselves British and something else? I have cousins born and raised in England who consider themselves Irish, as do millions of Americans however many generations on. That’s to say nothing of the Northern Irish people I know who consider themselves both Irish and British. People’s cultural identity doesn’t start and end with a post code.

It’s not “terrorist sympathising” to try and consider why someone might become radicalised or why they might develop extremist ideologies, it’s just part of a thought process of trying to understand something. I’m sure it is on Britain First’s Facebook page, or in The Sun mind.

ninfan
    Free Member

Yay we blue up an oil refinery !

Yay no we didn’t !

jimmy

That ft article is interesting if not scary as hell. Gives an idea of the scale and diversity of IS.

br
    Free Member

I wonder if Cameron had given todays, it’ll take a long time speech yesterday, the voting would’ve been different?

Not that I am casting aspersions or anything 😉

Sandwich

Sniff Petrol has it right.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Good piece here about how IS gets is weapons

“The best sources of ammunition are Isis’s enemies. Pro-government militia in Iraq sell some supplies to black marketeers, who then sell on to Isis dealers.”

…and the Kurds buy ISIS oil. It’s all a bit mental.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It’s all a bit mental.

Unlike most wars which are based on commonsense?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

It will all be over by Christmas 🙂

footflaps

Unlike most wars which are based on commonsense?

Of course, just look at how wonderful Iraq and Afghanistan are now we’ve liberated them!

I’m sure the Syrians are jumping for joy, knowing we’re going to bomb the crap out of a few unused building, blow up a couple of bridges and then after a few months, when victory isn’t any closer, loose all interest and leave their countrymen to fight amongst themselves for all eternity….

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘How much difference will it make with British getting involved with bombing ?’ is closed to new replies.