Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • how long before you rant? – rant
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

I’m trying to be a good citizen and withold from an unnecessary/unfair rant, but i’m out of pocket by a considerable amount – and said catalyst appears to be avoiding me.

Is there an acceptable time frame by which point one can commence a rant without scruple?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You mean possible rippoff in the classified? a couple of weeks? depends on the coms to some extent

wwaswas

for a fiver a couple of weeks. £2k about 15 minutes.

if they’ve stopped communicating then a polite nudge on here often works wonders – see other recent post about a loss of communication- http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/does-anyone-know-iridebikes-andy

yunki
    Free Member

I used to be a staunch exponent of the immediate rant – always speaking my mind and letting everyone know exactly where they stand at all costs.. a failsafe method that puts a few noses out of joint occasionally but ultimately brings absolute peace of mind..

Mrs Yunki has expressed disapproval over the years and being a jolly nice fellow I have compromised my hardline view and now try to adopt a more diplomatic approach..

This means that I bottle things up in my pressure cooker of a mind until they are too volatile to contain and then I unleash causing dismay and havoc to anyone near by…

😐

slimjim78
    Free Member

its regarding a few hundred £, and timescale is now 3 weeks with zero contact or explanation for 1 week

Yunki – I feel your pain – im a pressure cooker on gas mark 8 right now

wwaswas

slimjim78 – name and shame.

RealMan
    Free Member

You mean possible rippoff in the classified? a couple of weeks? depends on the coms to some extent

+1. It’s the last resort to get a situation solved. Only do it once there’s no contact and there’s nothing else you can do.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I’d say a polite post up now as a sign you are getting worried. Of course you’ve posted this now so…

It possible something has happened, he’s away etc…

slimjim78
    Free Member

I’m fairly reluctant to shame someone whom I think/thought was well respected on here without knowing for certain that there is no reasonable explanation for thier (lack of) actions.

I put alot of thought (& trust) into whether I could afford the hand over the cash, and smashed my overdraught in the process. 3 weeks later and a single sentance excuse is all I have to show for it.

wwaswas

IF someone’s let you down then a ‘why has x stopped communicating with me?’ type post is not unreasonable.

Are they still posting on here?

nealglover
    Free Member

A few hundred Quid and a timescale of 3 weeks ? !

(edit- with virtually no communication !)

I would be doing some weapons grade ranting by now if that was me.

Wouldn’t care how “well respected” they were.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

RealMan – Member

+1. It’s the last resort to get a situation solved. Only do it once there’s no contact and there’s nothing else you can do.

didn’t solve it in your situation did it – or have you refunded yet?

nealglover
    Free Member

I honestly can’t fathom what makes you want to comment on thread about people being ripped off in the classifieds 🙄

How do you think that’s going to turn out ?

It’s like some kind of Super Troll surely !

DezB
    Free Member

3 weeks later and a single sentance excuse is all I have to show for it.

Someone on here might know them and be able to explain their lack of comms.

hilldodger
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

woooooooooosh……..

:timeline:

…… 😆

hora
    Free Member

THREE weeks? My buyer waited a whole day 😆

What is it? Three weeks IS worrying.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Nealglover +1

You have clearance to rant.

zokes
    Free Member

Stop bullying him, TJ. The op in that instance asked for that to stop, and most others have respected it.

As for this instance, rant away…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Zokes – I think he would be well advised not to comment on classifieds disputes. I ain’t the only one to comment either.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Was that those shonky brakes?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Ok, i’ll put it this way..

Does anyone know any reason why iDave is not able to answer emails or provide any service over the last several weeks?

Scamper
    Free Member

There may be some really justified excuses like the person is really under pressure with all his Uni work.

RealMan
    Free Member

I honestly can’t fathom what makes you want to comment on thread about people being ripped off in the classifieds

I’d rather not see what happened to me happen to other people. Look at what you wrote – this thread is about people being ripped off? It’s the whole guilty until proven innocent thing. How do you know the other party doesn’t have a legitimate excuse?

A lot of people on here are all for “naming and shaming” just so they can insult someone freely and feel superior, they seem to love witch hunts.

Sellers deserve protection too.

And I’m sorry, I don’t usually like to dip to the level of the mob, but..

I ain’t the only one to comment either.

Are you 6 years old? Jesus Christ.

But anyway, I’ve said what I wanted to say, and I don’t want to detract from the OP’s problem. So I’ll be leaving this thread now. Slimjim, hope you get it sorted.

wwaswas

all iDave’s pc’s have been wiped and he’s had problems with a stalker spamming his account with all sorts of crap.

have a look at his ‘threads started’ history and post I think there’s details on how to contact him there.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Realman – you would be well advised to stay away from this sort of thread.

Just seen your edit realman.

IMO you should have been banned for what you did – its bang out of order and you got far less than you should have done. Stop pretending yo are the injured party. You ripped someone off.

slimjim78
    Free Member

that’s fine, and hopefully the case – but I was prompted for the money efficiently enough and assured my purchase was ready to go..

Im still reserving judgement. iDave, if you read this please get in touch regarding a refund.
    I’ll also be searching for alternative contact details

thanks

wwaswas

Realman – you would be well advised to stay away from this sort of thread.

+1

it’ll lead to a row every time you post.

Edit: info re: iDave http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/and-youre-back-in-the-room

philconsequence
    Free Member

iDave lost years worth of work and all his backs ups i think, was without internet and computerness for a long time, he’s back online now and trying to get his work stuff back together, there was a thread about it and he was asking people to get in touch again so he can get everything sorted.

slimjim78
    Free Member

thanks Phil.

I didn’t want to slate in case there was a legitimate reason.

It seems the good old pencil and paper still has a place..

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’ve sent him a link to this thread for you 🙂

fingers crossed for you!

slimjim78
    Free Member

i hope he understands the tone of my recent emails..should he ever receive them!

hora
    Free Member

There may be some really justified excuses like the person is really under pressure with all his Uni work.

Drinkin and ****’?

iDave
    Free Member

Eeek. Thanks for the heads up Phil. I actually lost 3 years of work and email archives, which was my own fault plus the stalker had access to my email accounts. Sorry you were left dangling slimjim, your program was emailed around 2 weeks ago?? Will check again when I get home this evening. It’s been a mare, and I know I have let some clients down, problem has been knowing who/how etc. And I’ve been trying to piece the threads of it all together and get caught up whilst also not buggering up all my work.

Oh and Mrs iDave binned me in the middle of it all 🙁

slimjim78
    Free Member

thanks for getting on so soon. sounds like you’ve been up against it for sure.

I can promise you that I never received a programme, and i’ve been trying to get in touch to arrange a refund as the programme was funded with a view to the deadline being my wedding day, which is now two weeks closer..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah didn’t we read about iDaves problems with his PC’s last week..

Benefit of Doubt on this, give the guy a little leeway.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Yeah didn’t we read about iDaves problems with his PC’s last week..

nope, I didn’t.

give the guy a little leeway.

Im my circumstance, I feel I was reasonable. Leeway is my middle name.

duffle
    Free Member

boooooooo……<puts pitch fork and flaming stick back in cupboard> 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

There appears to be some realman flaming to be done?

jimmy

its bang out of order and you got far less than you should have done. Stop pretending yo are the injured party. You ripped someone off.

TJ – I’ve never discussed it with you, but you are bang on 100% in 3 simple sentences. Its a relief to see someone mutual say that.

iDave
    Free Member

So, I’m still trying to get it all pulled together, but IT issues confusing me. I got 2 replies to emails that were still in my draft folder?! How does that work? Got some more client contact details back, calls to make, much groveling to do, and as a result these may be my last week of coaching. The whole arse has been blown out of this side of my business. Stalker has stopped their fun and games, but after causing lots of damage. Other work which used different business POP3 addresses has been unaffected. Really gutted and embarrassed about it all. Hoping things can be rectified before the weekend.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘how long before you rant? – rant’ is closed to new replies.