Viewing 25 posts - 241 through 265 (of 265 total)
  • How exactly have humanity been fooled into thinking that?
  • nealglover
    Free Member

You don’t get energy from nothing[s] with neodymium, it’s the conflict between the two magnetic fields that create the energy, think of it as magnetic constrictor technology.

[/s]

Fixed that.

But just had to ask ……

……think of it as magnetic constrictor technology.

You can’t possible mean….. erm…… the “technology” off Star Trek ??

kaesae
    Free Member

I am also very busy and have invested in a snorkel, not quite above water but I get by.

In the future I will look into this, but with so much that needs done in the world, best to get started on making a difference right away!

kaesae
    Free Member

Hahaha star trek, they were going on about hand held communicators back in the 60’s, as if that will ever be popular. Some nonsense about them being wireless hahahaha hoohoohoo!

nealglover
    Free Member

Mmmmm.

I’m pretty sure that doesn’t mean all of it was true and “simple” to achieve.

My transporter beam is total crap and I’ve been working on it for years.
    Can’t even get me within 100 yards of the pub and I have to walk the last bit.
    Total waste of £65 building it.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Hahaha star trek, they were going on about hand held communicators back in the 60’s, as if that will ever be popular. Some nonsense about them being wireless hahahaha hoohoohoo!

You might like to believe that people thought the Star Trek communicators were ridiculous magic but I bet a lot of people thought it was only a matter of time. Existing things getting better != getting one over on the laws of physics.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

lots of things get inspired from science fiction eg. geostationary satellites were inspired from an Arthur C Clarke novel – http://lakdiva.org/clarke/1945ww/

science always gets rewritten otherwise it would be called religion.

Northwind

Nah, that’s not sci-fi inspiring science, that’s Arthur C Clarke actually doing science. The concept of geostationery satellites wasn’t new even then, he just proposed a new use for the concept, and a route towards using it.

nealglover
    Free Member

Exactly. It wasn in a “science fiction novel” at all.

It was just “science”.

Also, he was a bit too late.

The idea was first documented by someone else in 1928 apparently….

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Poto?nik

kaesae
    Free Member

Yes and jules verne was another numpty that kept coming up with silly nonsense, rocket to the moon indeed, hahahaha!

Northwind

Er… in From the Earth to the Moon Verne wrote about shooting people to the moon with a cannon.

Even so, I think you ought to be able to see the difference between “Look, some things from science fiction have come true” and “I want to build a device using technology only found in star trek”

kaesae
    Free Member

Yes 1865 I know, however rocket to the moon sounds better!

I of course believe it was a cannon propelled rocket ship, with rockets 😯

nealglover
    Free Member

Even so, I think you ought to be able to see the difference between “Look, some things from science fiction have come true” and “I want to build a device using technology only found in star trek”

You would think wouldn’t you.

kaesae
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymPu2PdLW3I&ob=av2e[/video]

Spin
    Free Member

It’s all to do with sex.

How else can a lady tell that I am a capable provider other than by looking at all the stuff I’ve accrued?

My material posessions are the equivalent of the peacocks tail. The genius of marketing is exploiting this in a way that isn’t obvious.

That’s where the deception occurs.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

thats why i always show girls my room full of bikes, spin, girls are always really impressed with a man who has lots of bicycles 😉

jonahtonto
    Free Member

in other news, northwind has finally answered the philosophical question of art inspires life inspires art.
    now if you could move on to the chicken/egg quandary…..

yunki
    Free Member

How else can a lady tell that I am a capable provider other than by looking at all the stuff I’ve accrued

so true.. although I have met some women on my travels that assessed my capabilities by communicating with me..!! 😯

maaaaaan that was so weird.. I still have bad dreams about it now whilst laying on my piles of riches burping and farting loudly to attract females to my lair..

Northwind

jonah tonto – Member

now if you could move on to the chicken/egg quandary…

Egg. Obviously.

Edukator
    Free Member

Good point, Spin. Except that I have never had so much success with women as when I was hitching around with my worldly possessions in a rucksack.

Are men equally impressed with women that have lots of bicycles? Madame has more than I’m prepared to admit to on a public forum no doubt frequented by bike thieves.

It’s a generational thing too. Those with the finances to do something are often old and reluctant to invest in things that won’t pay for themselves in the years they have left to live. You’d hope they’d think of their grandchildren but apparently not. That cruise gets priority over helping with university fees or Insulating that fiver-bedroom house they maintain at 22°C helped by a government heating allowance.

kaesae
    Free Member

Aah but that’s the thing yunki, not all women have depth and are as a result, beautiful.

Some wear so much make up! that they look like they have face planted into a cow pat.

Some have finger nails that would put a drunken ninja off, approaching them 😯

Some eat enough in a week to feed a village of africans for quite some time.

That said I would place money that there are more selfish, greedy, shallow women in the world, than intelligent, witty, charming ones.

A lot of good perspectives on the problems we face as a people, have been highlighted in this thread and if you have the inclination, a lot can be learnt from it!

donsimon
    Free Member

a lot can be learnt from it!

Go on. 😆

kaesae
    Free Member

Success can be down to many things, perhaps you are dashing and charming 😀 to the opposite sex at least 😉

Valid point, materialism distorts the perspectives of a great many people these days!

As for women, no comment!

allmountainventure
    Free Member
    kaesae
    Free Member

Hahaha! the naked ape!

Viewing 25 posts - 241 through 265 (of 265 total)

The topic ‘How exactly have humanity been fooled into thinking that?’ is closed to new replies.