Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • How do I measure this for square metreage?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

(Not including Wilma)

Do I need to know about algebra & logarithms?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

The Lawn?

I’d measure it square, deduct the corner in front of Wilma, then deduct the square part of the path, then deduct the area of the circle.

Edit – But then I’m a ‘as thick as pig shit’ person who has to measure stuff for work constantly, so clever people might use fancy maths.

andyl
    Free Member

Get a giant piece of paper with squares (I would suggest 1m squares) and then count the whole number of squares and then add up the half ones etc etc.

Or, seal off the perimeter and then fill it up with water to 1m deep. If you keep a track of how many litres of water then you can work out the area.

😀

Or you could just use a tape measure and break it up into easy to work out chunks

GrahamS

50 m² give or take.

timidwheeler

Argh!! That lawn!!!

ulysse
    Free Member

Argghhh, that dawg!

thepurist

Use one of the free tools for measuring areas on Google earth.

tenfoot

I’d do the same as blazin saddles. My lawn has also been wrecked by my dog.

Cougar

What is “this”? The lawn, the path, the amount of grass, the area it takes including the penis pavement, something else?

Drac

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It’s for the amount of either pretendy grass or turf I’d need if I went down one of those routes Drac.

Drac

You have a very odd shaped penis. Cougar. 😯

thepurist

Get a couple of people in to quote for putting down pretend grass or turf, and see what they reckon.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

In that case, how wide is a roll? you’d probably measure it like a carpet, enough to cover the square area then throw the phallus away and the bit in front of the dog.

Unless you want a join in it at the back? I know nothing of measuring for fake grass, if you wanted to tile it, I’m your man!

GrahamS

You have a very odd shaped penis. Cougar.

With just a little trimmed bush at the top?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

In that case, how wide is a roll?

4mtrs, I’ve only priced it at one place up to now (MKM in Ripon) It’s that stuff with some brown bits in & looks reasonably convincing. Theirs is £55 a linear metre. I have no idea how this compares to others!

Cougar

I know nothing of measuring for fake grass, if you wanted to tile it, I’m your man!

The area’s the same, n’est-ce pas? Measure it for tiles, then cross out ’tiles’ and write ‘grass.’

Cougar

You have a very odd shaped penis. Cougar.

With just a little trimmed bush at the top?[/quote]

Hang on whilst I disable my webcam.

Drac

Awwww!

tenfoot

Just thinking out loud, so don’t shoot me, but would having a dog pee and poo over fake grass cause a hygiene problem?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Just thinking out loud, so don’t shoot me, but would having a dog pee and poo over fake grass cause a hygiene problem?

No.

The poo would be picked up anyway & the wee would drain away through the aptly named ‘drain holes’. I could even jet wash it.
    No kids are allowed on the premises & we stopped rolling around on the grass years ago.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Dig down to 1m exactly and see how many dumpy bags you can fill. Number of bags = surface area.

No, don’t thank me.

seadog101

Cover it with concrete, measuring the volume as you go, measure the depth, the divide the volume by the depth!

Work in cubic meters for the volume and meters for the depth. If you get to a depth of 1m it makes the maths so much simpler.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Walk around ut with strava on

Upload gpx to various websites

Try gpscocks

Should be good for +/- 5m

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I know nothing of measuring for fake grass, if you wanted to tile it, I’m your man!
    The area’s the same, n’est-ce pas? Measure it for tiles, then cross out ’tiles’ and write ‘grass.’

I like your thinking, but tiles come in small bit where you can use offcuts etc. Fake grass, I would imagine, is like a carpet, the knob bit cut out the middle would have to be thrown away so would have to be allowed in the measure, tiles you could delete it.

Drac

Fake grass, I would imagine, is like a carpet, the knob bit cut out the middle would have to be thrown away so would have to be allowed in the measure, tiles you could delete it.

Why? There’s np pattern to follow so like a carpet without a pattern it can be reused as it will be blend in.

allthepies
    Free Member

For artificial grass:

http://www.ayegardening.co.uk/how-to-measure-your-garden-for-artificial-grass.html

What’s the “pier” feature all about ? 😀

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

We had the Green Thumb gadjy round the other day & he says what we knew, the dead bits are very dead. It would mean scarifying & re-seeding etc then stopping dippy Wilma scratting about (she’s not dippy really, just ‘puppyish’)

How much to re-turf it then?

BTW, see those 2 odd slabs? wer’e going to extend that bit to about 2 sq mtrs.

EDIT, Cheers Pies, I’ll have a closer look at that site.

Houns

Swap dog for a Male one and re-turf

mugsys_m8

Got a garmin etrex or similar: set to measure area and walk around perimeter. If you want to exclude certain areas: measure areas of these and subtract etc. (I can’t see your photos as I’m quite near timbuktu with a dicky connection…)

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Why? There’s np pattern to follow so like a carpet without a pattern it can be reused as it will be blend in.

Like I said, I know nothing about measuring to fit fake grass.

shakers97
    Free Member

Get a free GIS app on your tablet, find house, measure garden

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘How do I measure this for square metreage?’ is closed to new replies.