• This topic has 876 replies, 94 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 877 total)
  • How come UN resolutions and the Geneva Convention don't apply to Israel?
  • Northwind

samj – Member

Every time you shoot one one hundred of their girlfriends

Fixed that for you. And characterising the palestinians as “squatters” is nothing short of insane tbh.

samj
    Free Member

Northwind. i’ve edited it for you..hope that helps you see my point

richc
    Free Member

Also in your analogy their gun is this:

and yours is this:

and you not only kill them, you kill their neighbours next to them, behind them above them and below them and their children and the children of their neighbours plus anyone who is nearby as they must be collaborators.

Northwind

samj – Member

Northwind. i’ve edited it for you..hope that helps you see my point

Calling them squatters made your position very clear thanks. Believe me , nobody has any problem seeing your point.

samj
    Free Member

ok richC thanks for the pics…so your gun is Muuuuuch better. presumably you would then wait till your family gets shot? – nice. As for the neighbors, no no, that’s not in the analogy….if you must know, the neighbors are too busy killing each other, well, at least for now.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

samj, can you tell me a little about illegal settlements please?

richc
    Free Member

samj you highlight the issue with Israel’s attitude to the Palestinians perfectly every time you post.

Have you posted any genocidal selfies yet? About how they are all scum and should be burnt alive

grum
    Free Member

ok richC thanks for the pics…so your gun is Muuuuuch better. presumably you would then wait till your family gets shot?

Um…. remind me again – in this most recent conflict, who’s family has been getting shot?

Oh yes that’s right, not a single Israeli’s, but dozens of Palestinians.

But they’re the savage murderers and Israel can do no wrong, of course.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Also in your analogy their gun is this

Sadly it’s often not even that.

chewkw
    Free Member

richc – Member

and yours is this:

That Gau-17 is very impressive. Should be developed into Alien style sentry guns. Ya. Then they shoot everything that moves … good or bad.

😈

Junkyard
    Free Member

You’re at home,

I think you will find you are in their home making them squat in their own country in hovels living as refugees.

Every time they “shoot ” at you not shoot you you blow up their home

Did you manage to cirticise Israel yet

How about

Israel came under heavy criticism after the three-week winter war in Gaza in 2008 and 2009 against the territory’s Hamas for using white phosphorous shells. During the conflict, shells were used against a U.N. warehouse where more than 700 Palestinians were sheltering.

Would you like to go on the record with an opinion of this

your views are dangerously unhinged and its still my country right or wrong and referring to them as squatters tells us all we need to know about your attitude towards them. Sickening and inhumane and a shame on humanity never mind the Jewish faith and the international community.

you would then wait till your family gets shot? – nice

Its much more like someone attacks you with a knife. You have a stab vest on so the risk is negligible [ not good I accept – then again you stole their land , kill them etc so it snot like they will shower you with gifts ] but you shoot them anyway and then blow up their house [ often with their family in it] to protect your “family”.
    You then take them moral high ground [ well who would not here] when they respond by throwing a rock at your castle. Naturally your respond again and then blow up some more of their houses and blame them for it whilst keeping them imprisoned in their own land whilst slowing stealing what is left and building your own homes there.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Israeli bombing 100

Palestinian rockets 0

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Israeli bombing 100

Palestinian rockets 0

Can you verify exactly how many of those 100 are non-combatants. And can you verify that the numbers quoted are accurate?

azku
    Free Member

Israel should have cleared out Gaza and The West Bank when they had the chance.Would have been less bloody in the long run..

somafunk

Apologist for the zionists by any chance azku?, scurry back into your bunker – there’s a home made rocket with your name on it coming for you.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Imagine if someone said something similar about the holocaust ? Your comment is just as wrong and distasteful

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Apologist for the zionists by any chance azku?, scurry back into your bunker – there’s a home made rocket with your name on it coming for you.

You know threats like that could land you with a visit from spooks right?

somafunk

I imagine the financial support i give to charity organisations in Afghanistan would be far more likely to land me a visit from the spooks than a comment like the above, to be honest i’d get greater satisfaction if i could drop azku into palestine with a tattoo on his forehead of the above statement.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Colonel Richard Kemp, former Commander of British Forces in Afghanistan, spoke in 2011 about Israeli operations in the Gaza War. He said that a study published by the United Nations showed “that the ratio of civilian to combatant deaths in Gaza was by far the lowest in any asymmetric conflict in the history of warfare.” He stated that this ratio was less than 1:1, and compared it favorably to the estimated ratios in NATO operations in Afghanistan (3:1), western campaigns in Iraq and Kosovo (believed to be 4:1), and the conflicts in Chechnya and Serbia (much higher than 4:1, according to anecdotal evidence). Kemp argued that the low ratio was achieved through unprecedented measures by the IDF to minimize civilian casualties, which included providing warnings to the population via telephone calls, radio broadcasts and leaflets, as well as granting pilots the discretion to abort a strike if they perceived too great a risk of civilian casualties. He also stated that the civilian casualties that did occur could be seen in light of Hamas’ tactical use of Gazan civilians “as human shields, to hide behind, to stand between Israeli forces and their own fighters” and strategic use of them for exploitation of their deaths in the media.[50]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_casualty_ratio#Israeli.E2.80.93Palestinian_conflict

Not exactly cut and dry is it.

azku
    Free Member

So what is Israel to do? Switch off Iron Dome? Open the borders? That’s worked in the past. Plenty of innocent Israelis murdered at bus stations. That what you’d like soma?

Northwind

Tom_W1987 – Member

Can you verify exactly how many of those 100 are non-combatants.

That depends on your definition,doesn’t it? For example, Israel considers all Palestinian police to be combatants- so fully 1/4 of “combatant” casualties in the Gaza War may be no such thing. (and bombing a Police graduation ceremony as pretty much the opening strike of the Gaza War was totally justified; course, because the second they graduated they all instantly became combatants)

Or if you’re Ayelet Shaket, ““Behind every terrorist stand dozens of men and women, without whom he could not engage in terrorism. They are all enemy combatants”

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Appreciate I’ve already shared this earlier in the thread, however, I’ve set it to play from a revealing piece where Israeli soldiers suddenly order the film-maker to evacuate his own house…

I’d advise you watch the whole film, as it is very revealing just how skewed the western media is in it’s portrayal of the situation:

[video]http://youtu.be/3K-mGWy9iUg?t=50m47s[/video]

Northwind

@Tom- back to my last point, Colonel Kemp seems to have accepted the Israeli numbers as that’s the only way I can see you get 1:1, whereas if you use typical figures from human rights NGOs you get 4:1 or 5:1.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

azku – Member

Israel should have cleared out Gaza and The West Bank when they had the chance.Would have been less bloody in the long run..

That’s a lot of people to kill and bodies to depose of, what do you suggest – gas chambers and ovens ?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Those figures are supposedly from the UN. I’d trust the NO figures as little as the Israel figures, if you mean the both it ends up about the same as Afghanistan if not better.

azku
    Free Member

Did I say kill? They could have returned to Syria, Lebanon, Jordan etc where they originally came from. I believe said countries did not allow them to return. When the Israeli army cleared out Jewish settlements in Gaza in the hope of relative peace, it gave the Arabs more platform for launching rocket attacks, hence the current blockade.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

where they originally came from

You’ll find that Palestinians came from Palestine, that’s why they are called Palestinians.

Here is Palestine :

Unfortunately foreigners from all over the world, many from very wealthy countries, took their land from them, based on a very dodgy argument that their ancestors had allegedly lived there thousands of years ago.

Apparently you are more entitled to land if you claim that it belonged to you over 3,000 years ago than if you can prove that your grandfather owned it.

pk13

How anyone can say the south bank should have been cleared of non Jews when they had the chance …wow…maybe the west should have nuked both sides lot less hassle in the long run eh.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Did I say kill? They could have returned to Syria, Lebanon, Jordan etc where they originally came from. I believe said countries did not allow them to return. When the Israeli army cleared out Jewish settlements in Gaza in the hope of relative peace, it gave the Arabs more platform for launching rocket attacks, hence the current blockade.

Possibly the most monumentally stupid thing I’ve ever read on STW.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

My map of Palestine disappeared 🙁

Here’s another one.

Send the Palestinians back to Palestine.

athgray
    Free Member

Forced removal from West Bank and Gaza? That’s ethnic cleansing!

pk13

Well there not just going to leave are they? Drive in with tanks ask them to go home. That’s not going to end in hand shakes and humus dips.
    There just people like you and I making the best of a bad lot. If I was told to leave my home and the watch it bull dozed I would be a tad miffed. I would be more irate if phosphate shells had been dropped on schools in the day.

stoffel
    Free Member

I don’t wish to get involved in this debate, other than to express my sadness at innocent people onboths sides (yet mainly the Palestinians) being kiled in the name of **** up ideologies, and the disbeleif that somecan act as apologists for a stat run by evil people, with western complicity, but I have met the maker of Five Broken ccamers, Emad Brunat, and a nicer, kider and more truly humble a man you couldn’t hope to meet. If only there were more people onall sides, like him.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Unfortunately foreigners from all over the world, many from very wealthy countries, took their land from them, based on a very dodgy argument that their ancestors had allegedly lived there thousands of years ago.

You do realise that during the beginning it wasn’t some kind of full scale ground invasion, it was a civil war much more similar to what is going on in Syria, Iraq etc now? With backers on both sides? That there’s never been a defined state of Palestine as it’s boundaries and existence have rapidly changed during the course of history? You know that right?

azku
    Free Member

Have you forgotten the 1948 war and the ones that followed? Israel has become used to answering with force. If not, they would have been ‘driven into the sea’ which I’m sure some of you would like to see.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m sorry, are you trying to claim that it was perfectly justifiable to take land from the Palestinians because there was a war ?

The absurd irrationality of zionist supporters staggers me.

EDIT : I can’t ignore this :

“That there’s never been a defined state of Palestine as it’s boundaries and existence have rapidly changed during the course of history? You know that right?”

That really is such a ridiculous argument, and I guess that someone who is used Israeli propaganda fails to realise just how ridiculous it is.

Germany has seen its boundaries rapidly change during the course of history, it doesn’t give it the right to take chunks of other people’s territory. And Palestine did have defined boundaries, how the **** do you think Britain knew where its mandate was ffs ?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

It was a civil war with unclear boundaries, it was bound to happen. The moral of the story is don’t reject a United Nations resolution beause you succumbed to the anti-semitic influence from Nazi Germany coupled with your new found Arab Nationalism, start a shooting match and then cry because your people either left the Jewish dominated quarters or were forced out.

They could have accepted living in a Jewish run state and talked peacefully, they didn’t. Hence the weaponised hilarity and bitterness ensured.

Northwind

Tom_W1987 – Member

The moral of the story is don’t reject a United Nations resolution

Thread just divided by zero

azku
    Free Member

Ernie on a a side point.. Regardless of country generally in war land is taken/retaken/occupied by the invading force. The wars over the years have been to take away land from the Jews and to destroy them as a people. As Israel was the victor certainly in the Six Day War surely any land taken from the Arabs was rightfully theirs? Isn’t that how wars work?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Isn’t that how wars work?

Are you a having laugh ? Is this all some sort of joke for you ? Have you given up trying to present a rational argument and now instead treat it all like just one big joke ?

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 877 total)

The topic ‘How come UN resolutions and the Geneva Convention don't apply to Israel?’ is closed to new replies.