• This topic has 876 replies, 94 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 37 posts - 841 through 877 (of 877 total)
  • How come UN resolutions and the Geneva Convention don't apply to Israel?
  • ninfan
    Free Member

So stop firing rockets and giving them the excuse!

gonzy
    Free Member

Palestinians firing rockets and trying to kidnap and murder people.

i think that will stop once Israel:
    stops stealing land
    oppressing and dehumanising the Palestinians
    remove the blockades
    switch the water/power supply back on…
    release the prisoners it has re-arrested

DrJ

I’d rather they didn’t at all – that would be the best solution for everyone, wouldn’t it?

If it were accompanied by Israel respecting the various UN decisions, then yes it would. When are they going to start ?

gonzy
    Free Member

giving them the excuse

they don’t really need a reason to do what they want

EDIT:
    they make up some cock and bull excuse after they have committed the crime

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So stop firing rockets and giving them the excuse!

Aw, bless.

ninfan
    Free Member

If it were accompanied by Israel respecting the various UN decisions, then yes it would. When are they going to start ?

Just think what the international reaction to Israels actions would be if they didn’t have that pesky ‘self defence’ excuse to fall back on

they don’t really need a reason to do what they want

Just think what the international reaction to Israels actions would be if they didn’t have that pesky ‘self defence’ excuse to fall back on

Aw, bless.

richc
    Free Member

I really hope ninfan is a troll if not he is one sick puppy if he believes a fraction of what he’s saying.

DrJ

And while you were typing that shit:

UN school hit in Gaza – reports

Peter Beaumont is on his way to a United Nations Refugee Agency school reported to have be hit in an Israeli airstrike. Initial reports of more than 10 dead. More to follow.

Junkyard
    Free Member

a bit of both with a semi due to the reaction

ninfan
    Free Member

believes a fraction of what he’s saying

What, that if Palestinians stopped firing rockets and trying to murder people, then Israel might have stopped bombing them a long time ago?

Sorry to be at the heart of such a radical concept.

DrJ

What, that if Palestinians stopped firing rockets and trying to murder people, then Israel might have stopped bombing them a long time ago?

But they never did, did they ?

So, back to you – what about Israel respecting UN resolutions? Try that and THEN complain if the rockets keep coming.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Aw, bless.

ninfan
    Free Member

But they never did, did they ?

Nope, the Pal’s never stopped firing rockets and trying to murder people, glad you finally agree.

what about Israel respecting UN resolutions? Try that and THEN complain if the rockets keep coming.

Its been pointed out already that Israel pulled back completely and forcibly removed its settlers from the Gaza strip, but the rockets kept coming, so we’re back to that pesky ‘self defence’ excuse again, aren’t we!

Even Egypt realised this, which is why the the border remains closed (Don’t tell me, the Egyptians are zionist dogs as well…)

DrJ

Its been pointed out already that Israel pulled back completely and forcibly removed its settlers from the Gaza strip, but the rockets kept coming, so we’re back to that pesky ‘self defence’ excuse again, aren’t we!

No – we’re back to you avoiding answering the question. When are Israel going to obey UN resolutions?

ninfan
    Free Member

When the Palestinians stop trying to kill them I would imagine!

crankrider
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

If Jewish money didnt run America this wouldnt be the case and UN / the rest of the world would have stepped in – Israel will continue to ignore Un resolution and as stated above even destroy a UN school – they really dont care because they really dont have to.

It really is getting beyond a joke this situation, what is hilarious is that the ONLY people defending Israel’s actions at this stage are Jews, funny that….

DrJ

Given that the Palestinians have been appallingly incompetent in terms of killing Israelis, wouldn’t it make sense, as a pragmatic move, for Israel to just do the morally right thing, and see what happens? The alternative gives rise to the suspicion that Israel doesn’t actually want peace, just the state of constant war that gives them the excuse to stamp on the face of Palestine.

DrJ

Meanwhile …

The Associated Press has published a longer dispatch from the compound housing a UN school hit, the AP reports, by Israeli tanks shells:

Israeli tank shells hit a compound housing a U.N. school in the northern Gaza Strip on Thursday, killing at least 15 people and wounding dozens who were seeking shelter from fierce clashes on the streets outside.

Pools of blood soiled the school courtyard, amid scattered books and belongings. There was a large scorch mark in the courtyard marking the place where one of the tank shells hit.

Northwind

ninfan – Member

UN Security Council Resolutions 446 and 607, which states that they do!

Oh you are having a laugh. Those resolutions were used to force Israel to obey the convention, against their will. Now you’re using them to justify attacking civilians in hospitals?

The exemptions to the protection of hospitals are clear, they come into effect where you have states at war. (reason being, they only apply when “they are used to commit, outside their humanitarian duties, acts harmful to the enemy”- thus requiring a formal enemy. It doesn’t apply where you have irregular forces/unlawful combatants- and Israel handily are totally clear that as far as they’re concerned they’re not fighting a war against a state, they’re fighting terrorists.

To put it another way, the actions of terrorists don’t invalidate the protection of civilians in the way that the actions of a nation can.

But to reiterate; even if you believe that the Geneva Convention exemptions do apply in this case, which imo is absurd, it still doesn’t mean that targeting a hospital is moral or acceptable. It just means it’s no longer specifically banned by the Geneva Convention as being so totally shit, everyone in the world agrees you shouldn’t ever do it. You know, like collective punishment and that.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

UN school hit in Gaza – reports
    Peter Beaumont is on his way to a United Nations Refugee Agency school reported to have be hit in an Israeli airstrike. Initial reports of more than 10 dead. More to follow.

I think it takes a massive leap of faith to take these incidents and then conclude that the Israelis are targeting non-combatants as a matter of policy. We have hit schools, mosques, hospitals, civilian airliners even…. during the fog of war.

It doesn’t apply where you have irregular forces/unlawful combatants- and Israel handily are totally clear that as far as they’re concerned they’re not fighting a war against a state, they’re fighting terrorists.

Then the Geneva convention needs to be changed, either both regular and irregular forces can launch rockets from hospitals without fear of retaliation or neither can.

yossarian
    Free Member

I think it takes a massive leap of faith to take these incidents and then conclude that the Israelis are targeting non-combatants as a matter of policy. We have hit schools, mosques, hospitals, civilian airliners even…. during the fog of war.

You are a disgusting individual.

wwaswas

Precise co-ordinates of the UNRWA shelter in Beit Hanoun had been formally given to the Israeli army

Over the course of the day UNRWA tried 2 coodinate with the Israeli Army a window for civilians 2 leave & it was never granted

Confirm multiple dead and injured at designated UNRWA shelter in Beit Hanoun

they really don’t seem to be expending much effort to stop it happening…

You sir are part of the problem and an idiot.

It’s actually worse than that;

He’s a troll saying this for kicks.

richc
    Free Member

It really is getting beyond a joke this situation, what is hilarious is that the ONLY people defending Israel’s actions at this stage are Jews, funny that….

To be fair a lot of Jews are equally horrified at what Israel is doing and are calling for some humanity to be shown by this oppressive regime.

This isn’t about the Jews or Judaism this is all about Israel’s government and right wing nutjobs who want to slaughter some Arabs to teach them a lesson.

It reminds of the Muslim worlds reaction to terrorism, where they have to cope with their religion and beliefs are being twisted to justify the murder and mutilation of innocent people

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

You are a disgusting individual.

Do you think that Nato intentionally targeted civilians in Afghanistan? If you do, I’ll let your opinions slide.

thejesmonddingo

And the Palestinians haven’t?They were all accidents of war,sadly.Funny how a lot more Palestinians died than Israelis.

yossarian
    Free Member

Do you think that Nato intentionally targeted civilians in Afghanistan? If you do, I’ll let your opinions slide.

You are a disgusting individual

wwaswas

I think richc has it – Jews are not an homogenous group who share the same view on what’s happening any more than all Muslims support ISIS or Hammas.

However, the Israeli [edited to clarify meaning] government makes an effort to portray itself as being backed 100% by its population and the wider Jewish community because it suits it to do so.

thejesmonddingo

Tom_W1987 please close the door behind you on the way off the forum.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

You are a disgusting individual

At least my opinions are consistent.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Your contention that “Jewish money” “runs” America speaks volumes. Mainly about your ignorant and racist viewpoint.

If you had bothered to read any of this thread previous to your ridiculous comment, you will have noted that I am not in favour of the actions of the IDF. In fact (let me save you the trouble) I compared them to Nazis.

Off you go, then…

+1, I actually partly agree with your sentiments Woppit. I’m just far more interested in the psychology of some of the posters on here, eg crankrider and Ernie.

gonzy
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUdjwSRHd1E[/video]

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Gonzy, my bet is that you will not get the same level of critique for posting that propaganda video as I did for my poster.

Do singletrackers firmly believe that a long lasting ceasefire will be achieved with one sided rhetoric and finger pointing? I really have to laugh at the idiocy of this thread.

irc

And the Palestinians haven’t?They were all accidents of war,sadly.Funny how a lot more Palestinians died than Israelis.

Only because Hamas don’t have accurate enough rockets and the Israelis have bomb shelters and the Iron Shield. If Hamas had the ability they would kill many more Israelis. The disparity in numbers is not for the want of trying by Hamas.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Some confusion in reports coming out. What is clear is that there are a lot of casualties at a UN shelter. There seem to be stories of both tank shells and Hamas rockets hitting the shelter. Certainly scope for a lot of propaganda over this.

Perhaps this incident will provide the impetus for a cease fire.

gonzy
    Free Member

I really have to laugh at the idiocy of this thread.

why? because you’ve just read the shite you’ve posted on here?

my bet is that you will not get the same level of critique for posting that propaganda video as I did for my poster.

it wont because mine is a bit more accurate than yours in painting a picture that Israel is forever the victim.
    instead of cherry picking on little points here in a grand manner of whataboutery why dont you look at some of the other stuff i’ve posted and accuse that of being propaganda against Israel…but you wont challenge that will you?

maybe the video of the 57 second warning was propaganda and didnt happen
    maybe the young Palestinian in the green t-shirt getting shot by the cowardly Israeli sniper didnt happen
    maybe the the all the dead children didnt happen

its true you are a disgusting and piss poor excuse for a human being…you and the rest of your Zionist supporter friends…the shit that you come up with to justify the murder and genocide that Israel is carrying out….
    Israel is a thief for the the land and resources it has stolen.
    Israel is a murderer and a war criminal for the crimes it has carried out against the people of Palestine.
    Israel and its Zionist government is nothing but a cowardly modern day Nazi devil.

zionists are not human…they’re so morally depraved they’re not even fit to be labelled as sub-human….they are worse than that…and they know it

i actually pity them for what they have become and what they are about to bring upon themselves

MrWoppit
    Free Member

what they are about to bring upon themselves

Which would seem to be… expansion into Gaza.

Drac

And I think this thread has reached an anti-climax.

Viewing 37 posts - 841 through 877 (of 877 total)

The topic ‘How come UN resolutions and the Geneva Convention don't apply to Israel?’ is closed to new replies.