• This topic has 50 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by br.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • How are Victorian London houses built?
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

jeffl – Member
    Been there a 100 and a bit years so looks suitable to me. Well that’s what I always say when someone mentions something like that about my house

That’s what i say to myself on windy nights when my single glazed sash windows sound like they are about to be blown in.

rureadyboots
    Free Member

That’s what i say to myself on windy nights when my single glazed sash windows sound like they are about to be blown in.

Get them replaced with double glazed draught proof sashes.

CaptJon
    Free Member

I rent, so not up to me unfortunately.

kimbers

This thread is making me sad

We are selling our 150 year old terrace in west london to buy a 1980s detached monstrosity in milton keynes

mrmoofo

We are selling our 150 year old terrace in west london to buy a 1980s detached monstrosity in milton keynes

I have just sold my 1860s house in MK to by a 1860s semi in the Brighton area!

I got a lot less room … I am guessing you will be going the other way round

senorj

We are selling our 150 year old terrace in west london

Cheer up, you are now likely to feature in the 2015 rich list! 😀

footflaps

I’d have thought you could buy Milton Keynes for the prices London houses go for now…

nickc

English Disease?

elliott-20
    Free Member

We sold our 1901 End of terrace and bought a 10 year old house in a village just outside Milton Keynes funnily enough – which thankfully has character and isn’t just a box.

The people that bought ours texted me over christmas asking us how much we paid for our gas bill per month as theirs was £270!

We didn’t tell them we used thermal curtains, draught excluders, old duvets shoved up the chimneys and got used to being cold for 12 years 😀

We love older places but you do need to pay them a lot of respect and be prepared to care for them quite a bit.

footflaps

We live in an 1890s Victorian house and our Gas bill works out at about £270 a year! Mainly use a wood burner and have double glazed windows etc..

br
    Free Member

English Disease?

Cold houses?

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘How are Victorian London houses built?’ is closed to new replies.