Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope Visions 2 LED MC-E upgrade
  • z1ppy

Some-one asked about this before the site went down yesterday.. 🙄

It was Nixie’s posting, he did a dual posting about it on Candle power forums

Google cached stw page itís a slow loader.. hense the other link.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

anyone who wants the post – email me (have it as a word doc)

racing.ralph.08@googlemail.com

I_Ache
    Free Member

So light boffins. If I brought 2 of these and simply fitted them to my vision 2s with the aid of some thermal epoxy and obviously a soldering iron I would have a much brighter light?

Its not that easy surely?

Am I missing something very important?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Ok also guessing I would need a multi meter so I dont bugger up the wiring.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

thats the gist of it yes

dmjb4
    Free Member

Lovely. Hoping someone comes up with similarly good mod for the Vision 1..

I_Ache
    Free Member

Is there any fancy soldering I will need to do or are they virtually plug and play?

ken_shields
    Free Member

Thanks Zippy it was me who asked

All I need now is to get someone to do it for me 🙄

Can you same be done for a Vision 4? (if so it would be like the sun on your handlebars)

nixie

The vision 4 uses different leds (crees of some kind I think). It might be possible to change these to mc-e’s but I suspect the current draw would drain the battery very quickly, that or you wouldn’t get a worthwhile improvement dues to how they would need to be wired.

I_Ache. I don’t think you can buy mc-e’s on 2S2P stars, so either you need to modify what you can get, or have 2 4S stars in parallel. Neither is a plug and play fit and would need some wiring changes (though the driver would not change). I think the simplest way would be to get 2 4S stars with pre mounted leds and run in parallel, this should mean the leds are central, the way I did it was a pain to get them centred on each star. Don’t forget the spacing for the face plate or your new leds will get crushed!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope Visions 2 LED MC-E upgrade’ is closed to new replies.