Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • hope rotors
  • bigthorn
    Free Member

Are hope floating rotors compatible with shimano st m785 brakes or am I going to have to cost in New icetech rotors if I get some new brakes?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

maybe.. depending on the mount the rivets can clip the post mount. I have filed down the mount bi about 1mm to get the clearance though it’s up to you. You could chance it then order/buy rotors if they don’t clear.

welshfarmer

Using a 203mm one (200mm?) with a Zee front brake. No issues at all. Never actually thought about it to be honest.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It depends on how far over your post mount is on the fork and the opposite on the hub. It’s only 1-2mm either way.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Stranage, my 203 hope saw rotors didn’t fit with my Zees. Same with my Formula The Ones. Have to file down the post mount part of the caliper.

ajantom

Last night I tried to fit some SLX brakes with hope floating rotors (180f and 160r).
    No joy! Rubbing at both ends on the caliper mount, I decided not to take a file to my brand new brakes and fitted some non-floating Hope sawtooth rotors, and they were fine.

akeys001

had this – 160 hope floats/785’s, needed filing, worked but i wasn’t happy with it – could hear the rubbing so more filing – pretty quickly swapped out (good excuse i guess) to ice techs… guess it is mount dependent mind…

deviant
    Free Member

Last night I tried to fit some SLX brakes with hope floating rotors (180f and 160r).
    No joy! Rubbing at both ends on the caliper mount, I decided not to take a file to my brand new brakes and fitted some non-floating Hope sawtooth rotors, and they were fine.

My experience with both Hope and Superstar floating rotors.

I also decided not to file my new rotors!….and went with new XT rotors instead and they’ve been fine.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I also decided not to file my new rotors!

Good idea, you normally file the brake mount/caliper instead.

DanW
    Free Member

I have to lightly file my XTR caliper with Hope rotors. Worth it though as the X2 Race rotors are some of the lightest out there and actually work in all conditions unlike the other light ones around

deviant
    Free Member

Well done for paying attention Mikewsmith, gold star at the back! 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘hope rotors’ is closed to new replies.