Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope Race Lever Bolt Spacing
  • ndg
    Free Member

Having just added a dropper post control to my bars I’m finding it difficult to position everything so I can reach it and it doesn’t clash. I’d like to use some matchmaker type clamps between my Hope Mini (old ones) and my XT shifters (M770). Hope understandably don’t make such a thing for brakes so old, but they do make one for the Race lever, which has the clamp split line in the same place.

I was hoping someone could go out to their shed this evening to measure the spacing of the clamp bolts, if it’s close I’ll give them a punt to see it it works!

Cheers

N.

nixie

I asked this a while back but no one replied.

Could be worth a crc order and then return if they don’t fit (a little naughty though).

I suspect if you called Hope they might tell you.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Spacings are personal,ure best leaving things loose ,sitting on the thing to see if it’s comfy,then nippem up !

ndg
    Free Member

Sorry, I meant the spacing of the two bolls on the brake clamp. I’ve bought a pair of a fellow STW’er now, hopefully should turn up over the weekend, so will report back with an answer….

nixie

Would be great if they do fit.

ndg
    Free Member

Thanks to excellent service from STW’er althepal, getting the matchmakers into the post quick sharp I have an answer.

Basically the Race lever match makers work with the old mini/mono mini levers. The only thing I had to do to get a robust set up was to change the bolts from M5x10 to M5x15 to get enough thread engagement as the race clamp is slightly thicker and leaves a slightly larger gap between the lever and clamp when bolted up. Obviously the profile of the clamp is different, but it doesn’t seem to stand out too much.

The bolt spacing is identical – thanks Hope! Still not convinced on the design of the X-fusion seat release mind….

N.

bigshep
    Free Member

You beat me to it.
    I very nearly bought the same matchmakers myself for my M770/M4 mono levers 2 days ago.
    So glad they fit so I can get myself a pair, and good to know about the change of bolt in advance.
    A photo would be cool

ndg
    Free Member

Ask and Ye shall receive (a crappy phone pic)….

IMAG0328 by nathangabbott, on Flickr

This is with the shifters mounted in the outer position.

nixie

Cool, looks good. Now if only they did those clamps in silver to match my later model ones.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope Race Lever Bolt Spacing’ is closed to new replies.