Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)
  • Hope Hoop Wheels – Group Buy
  • nuke

Do Stans 355 rims always have a rim brake surface or can you get disc only ones?

Not confirmed yet but my previous 355 Hope Hoop had no braking surface and I'm not aware that you can get a 355 with a braking surface on the Hope Hoops.

hope pro 2's now available in colours too

Waiting to hear back if we can do them with the colour option.

are the prices the same for the SP Pro III's? Are they the 4 Arm version? I want Flows on them too.

Email rdcowie AT talk21 DOT com please…won't be at the same price as the standard ProII hubs though but still at a great price.

what's the cut off date for this?

Not yet but get those emails in to Richard 😀

Thanks again to all that have shown interest.

Leku
    Free Member

Cheers Rich. I was after disc only anyway…

boxelder

My 355's (bought May) have a braking surface, but it's black.

nuke

Still lots of interest and don't worry about cut-off…when we get closer to the cut-off, I'll post on here.

My 355's (bought May) have a braking surface, but it's black.

I guess that's the same as mine but effectively they just look like disc wheels.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Are Hope Hoops 29er wheels available yet, heard they were in the making?

boxelder

I guess that's the same as mine but effectively they just look like disc wheels.

Just so.

I've mailed about road hoops.

nuke

Please note we can do single wheels…just to clarify for those that have asked.

Are Hope Hoops 29er wheels available yet, heard they were in the making?

Not that I'm aware of but it's a shame as I previously had a set of 355 29er wheels and they were superb: very light but took everything I could throw at them.

kubber
    Free Member

Emailed Richard. I really hope shipping to Germany is no problem – otherwise I have to find a shipping address in UK.

OrangeLad
    Free Member

How much would a rear Pro2 be on a 335 rim? Black with black spokes and black rim.

nuke

***UPDATE***

First 5 sets are going out to buyers today with more to follow over the next few days!

If you haven't got your payments in, then now's the time to do it.

Many thanks for all the interest…Richard is going to be very busy for a good while 😀

grumm
    Free Member

Is it too late to get in on this? Can I pay by credit card?

nuke

Is it too late to get in on this? Can I pay by credit card?

Nope…just email rdcowie AT talk21 DOT com and he'll give you the necessary pricing and payment options.

Orange Lad…Pro2 rear with 355 would be £140 + £6 P&P

grumm
    Free Member

OK ta – email sent

grumm
    Free Member

No reply yet? I spose he is probably pretty busy now. 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

He said he was away for two weeks from today.

Do you know what service he used to send those lot out Nuke? I need to know when to expect them.

grumm
    Free Member

Ah ok ta. Probably for the best anyway. 🙂

dipper
    Free Member

I may be away but I still have access to email and ordering facilities and have someone available to post wheels as well. I've had over 200 emails since nuke started this thread so pretty busy! I should have answered everyone that mailed by now though. let me know if not.

oddly(or maybe I'm just out of touch!)every order has been for stans rims. mostly flows and the odd 355. Not a single mavic or DT. Where did the stans revolution come from? Generally it's all mavic and DT I sell. I've just fitted a set of flows to my own bike and 1st impressions are very good. the lack of a nipple insert makes them look a bit budget but I notice a few expensive rims not using them these days so I assume they're up to the job!

ta
    richard

nuke

Do you know what service he used to send those lot out Nuke? I need to know when to expect them.

Just to field this one…Fedex, standard delivery which is normally 2 to 3 days. For those ordering, if you do want next day then that can be an option but it will be dearer.

shredder
    Free Member

Mine have just arrived (Flow's) very nice !!

A big thanks to Rich for a quick turn around and answering questions !

Cheers
    Rich

nuke

That's good news shredder…glad to see people are starting to receive them.

Finally got around to paying Richard for mine…set of Pro2 with Flows and a rear Pro2 with 355 to go with the 355 front I already have. Figure that should sort me out perfectly…355s for XC/marathon/enduro, Flows for the bigger stuff. 😀

oddjob
    Free Member

I don't know if I am too late with this one, but I'd like some 355s 29er rims on pro 2s.
    No idea if this is possible…

nuke

355s 29er rims on pro 2s.

Sorry oddjob but they don't have any 29er wheels in the Hope Hoop range

grumm
    Free Member

Hi dipper – emailed you a couple of days ago and not heard back yet. Was after the same as everyone else (Flow)!

nuke

Grumm…I mentioned your email to Richard last night and he said he'd replied to all the emails although it is possible it might have been missed as he had been travelling. I've forwarded the email address in your profile to him so hopefully he can have a check and then get in touch.

grumm
    Free Member

Ok nice one, thanks – think the email will have come from grum01 at gmail.com actually though.

soobalias
    Free Member

like dipper, im interested in the rush to stans rims.

ive only had mavic's myself and one DT
    what is the attraction of stans rims then? Do they go tubeless with stans strips more easily than other rims? Are they cheaper? or are they just the stw season favourite?

Did everyone order stans just because the original thread was comparing 355's against Flows?

nuke

In my opinion, Stans rims did satisfy the light and strong of the old "light/strong/cheap: pick 2" quote of Mr Bontrager but since Hope introduced the 355 and Flow to the Hope Hoop range this year, they satisfy all three as the price has dropped to a much more affordable level…and even cheaper now with this group buy.

Flow rims are wide yet still light: they are more or less equal to the weight of a Mavic 719 but have the internal diameter of 22.6mm. Equally, 355 rims are lighter than Mavic 717s but with the same internal diameter as the Mavic 719. I've ridden on Stans now (355 and 355 29er) and have been genuinely impressed by their low weight and strength plus I found that the profile of the rims allowed me to run low pressures without pinch flats. I currently have a 355 front wheel on my PA setup with Pikes and a 2.35 High Roller and it's taken all I can throw at it since I bought it in the Spring…still all straight and true.

metalheart
    Free Member

Did everyone order stans just because the original thread was comparing 355's against Flows?

Well I decided to go for Stans after discussion with Dipper and a mate. Just fancied a change I guess and they were the same price so I thought why not…

Plus hopefully tubeless will help the chumba lose some of its lard (along with the new forks…)

grumm
    Free Member

Btw do the Stans ones come with the tape/valves/everything you need to run tubeless or do you have to buy that on top?

shredder
    Free Member

Grumm you have to buy it mine came with standard rim tape, spare spokes and stickers.

Cheers
    Rich

Edit as nuke says the flow rims come with 20mm adaptors.

nuke

What's also nice with Hope Hoops is they do come with the 15mm or 20mm (depending on the rim) converter with the QR front wheel.

grumm
    Free Member

Ok ta – good to know about the 20mm adapter, forgot to ask about that. 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Why Stans?

Because the Flows are a good width without being very heavy (like wider mavic rims) or soft (like DT).

scaredypants

I really like the stans rims (flow & arch anyway) – they have a really nice wide ledge for the tyre bead to sit on, makes me think they'll resist the burping that some people report with tubeless tyres. EVen more so if you use proper tubeless tyres, cos they have a correspondingly wide bead

And they're light & seem pretty strong as everyone else said up there

zangolin
    Free Member

Did anyone find out if there was a choice of hub colour on the Pro 2 pairs?
    If yes I was after a pair of gold Pro 2 on Flows

I know all Hope tech shops can offer this option now.

chakaping
    Free Member

Mine arrived this morning, thanks for that Richard.

Lighter than I expected and seem to be all tight and true.

Am I right in thinking I don't want to apply the cloth tape if I'm going to maybe run them tubeless later?

kamina
    Free Member

So have any foreigners been participating in this group buy? I could be interested, but live in Finland…

ventanarider
    Free Member

is the group buy still open and are there colour choices?

grumm
    Free Member

Email/payment sent.

Cheers

nuke

Still open for a bit longer. Not sure about posting to Finland or the colour options (…but then I'd still choose black 🙂 )…better if you email Richard.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Hope Hoop Wheels – Group Buy’ is closed to new replies.