Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • home treadmill
  • SaxonRider

Anyone have one they would recommend? Or exeprience of one they would NOT recommend?

I have a small house, and am thinking about one that folds away. I imagine using it on those rainy winter nights when I get home from work too late to do anything else.

Am thinking about a Reebok Fitness Equipment I-Run S.

uplink
    Free Member

Running in the rain is ace, in fact I’d rather run in rain than if it were dry
    Snow is good too

sc-xc

It’s an expensive way of drying your clothes…

Jamie
    Free Member

If you must use a treadmill, then spend the money on a gym membership instead and use a decent commercial treadmill.

iDave
    Free Member

Home treadmills are universally gash. Built to withstand 6 weeks use. Just run outside in the weather, it’s ace.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Echo the above comments, we had a decent(ish) treadmill and after the novelty had worn off it was barely used. I used to just go out in whatever weather as I found it too hot running indoors, as did my wife.

£400 will buy you some nice wind stoppers / waterproofs etc… 8)

epicsteve
    Free Member

Home treadmills are universally gash

Cheap ones are, but there are decent home treadmills. I’ve got a Nordictrack that has a similar motor to a gym one – we’ve had it for well over a year, it’s been used a lot and has been excellent.

Neil-F
    Free Member

Treadmills are fine for silly youtube videos. 😀

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Unless you are prepared to spend a fortune I would stay away from indoor running machines. They will be noisy too.

I’d be more tempted to spend £140 on a turbo trainer which IMO is better than a running machine for cardio.

bol

Not all home treadmills are rubbish. We’ve had a Trimline one for five years with no problems. It’s US built and has a 10 year guarantee. We got ours half price ex display, but was still a grand, so I guess you get what you pay for. Looking around it doesn’t look like anyone imports Trimline any more, but Tunturi would be another good option.

Davesport

Saxonrider. I’ve got a running Mc for sale. It cost £1200 new & has hardly been used (by Mrs Davesport). She was training for Triathlons at the time & this thing has genuinely seen little use. I’m looking for approx £250 & more importantly getting it out of my garage where it’s ended up.

Photo’s, more details etc on req. Located near Edinburgh.

D.

jamesknight
    Free Member

If you are serious about running I would not recommend reebok treadmills, i would stick to something more solid such as Vision, Life Fitness or Horizon.

thegreatape
    Free Member

How thoughtful of you to join the forum simply to offer impartial advice to the OP about where he might buy a treadmill.

maccruiskeen

Or exeprience of one they would NOT recommend?

My friend bought one and complained that the belt was at too steep an angle and even on the lowest setting there was far too much resistance. After a bit of perseverance he gave up on it. He went to pack it up and found a couple of little adjustable feet in the bottom of the box, along with the unopened assembly instructions…… and groove worn in his carpet. 🙂

EDIT: Just spotted the spamtastic thread revival. Arsebiscuits. I wonder how many other forums fitness-superstore.co.uk fitness-superstore.co.uk fitness-superstore.co.uk fitness-superstore.co.uk spam on. Spam spam spam. Disreputable. There, that should have optimised their search engine results 👿

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Not had a home treadmill, but have been forced to use the gym one when the snow/ice was so bad that i couldn’t run. I’d rather run outside in the rain/wind/sleet than on the treadmill. Spend the money on some proper winter kit instead.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Home treadmills are universally gash. Built to withstand 6 weeks use.

That’s not my experience – I think your point only really covers cheap ones. We’ve had our one (a Nordictrack C2000 which was about £600) for nearly 2 years now and it’s still working well, despite being used quite a lot.

thomthumb
    Free Member

we went for one of the manual ones as it’s set up in a greenhouse, i didn’t want the risk of a powered one failing 😯

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘home treadmill’ is closed to new replies.