Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Holiday advice seeked
  • swoosh
    Free Member

looking at holidays for this summer – well, it’s actually for our honeymoon. not looking for anything fancy but we are looking at Samos in Greece. Anyone been and what’s it like. We want somewhere that is sunny, sandy, good choice of places to eat of an evening, and some bars but not really into the nightclub scene so none of those would be good. Went to Lassi in Kefalonia last year and loved it, anything similar to that would be ideal. Is Samos anything like that?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

PLenty of choice in the Greek islands for holidays similar to one in Lassi. I have never been to Samos myself, but I understand it is a lovely place.

Alternatives you could consider would be any of the smaller islands such as Skopolos, Aegina (Agia Marina has wonderful beaches – but can be busy in August with Athenians holidaying there). Skiathos is very nice, but only Skiathos town has the old world Greek charm – the rest of the island is made up of little developments around nice beaches but on the main road (there are no other real villages). Even if you head to a larger island (Rhodes, Crete, Corfu etc) you can find some lovely places as long as you avoid the well known younger resorts.

For some amazing views try Santorini – the volcanic island with ‘black’ beaches. An evening watching the sunset in Oia seeing the sunset is unmissable. Kamari village has a great vibe and plenty of choice of bars/tavernas without the young crowd – just avoid the end of the village nearest to the airport as the planes do come in quite close by.

Also look at Paxos, Paros Anti Paxos…

I could go on (I have spent many holidays there as well as a summer island hopping) 🙂

swoosh
    Free Member

Paxos, i’ll look that one up. Seen Santorini but decided that looking at a volcano and seeing the sun set will get boring eventually and the sand is black so v v v v hot. also, how attractive is a volcanic landscape anyway. Future MrsSwoosh has already been to Skiathos and we were wanting to go somewhere new to both of us so it’s out of the question. also, dont want to get a boat to the island we are staying on after the plane.

anyone got any other pointers?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Holiday advice seeked’ is closed to new replies.