Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Hit and run
  • dwaddy
    Free Member

Its a long shot, but I would love to catch the owner of a car that knocked me off my road bike today at 11am, between Watlington and Benson, Oxon, on the B4009.

If you know anyone who owns a Maroon Nissan estate with a N/S wing mirror missing tell them I have it and would like to return it to them and maybe they could reimburse me for bike, clothes etc.

Driver stopped but then decided to just drive off, leaving me a my bike across the road……cheers.

Any info please email me on david@oxfordihm.co.uk

j_me
    Free Member

Did you report it to the police?

Hope you’re ok btw.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Taken it to the police yet? Would be my first call.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

+3 for the police, I was hit by a car years ago, similar situation, but I stop in the road with wing mirror in my hand and started walking toward car, which then sped off, friend who is a copper told me to report it, as if the driver of car tries to claim wing mirror/damage to vehicle through insurance company they will need a crime no from police, if you give police details of vehicle, then if driver tries to claim vandalism “I woke up this morning and someone has nicked my wing mirror” they can match car description to your report (or so I was told)

juiced
    Free Member

nope you are ok. some people are aweful with no regard for others.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I hope you have reported it as it’s a fail to stop, 08458 505 505 is TVP non-emergency number. Ring now.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Serious doodoo for the driver if they catch up with them

dwaddy
    Free Member

Thanks for the support. I have filed it with police. Next stop all local Nissan delaers….I would so love to catch them..

anagallis_arvensis

Serious doodoo for the driver if they catch up with them

like the driver who hit me and drove off in front of a bus stop full of people…. had to do a course on driver awareness 👿

parkesie
    Free Member

put the mirror on ebay never know the owner might buy it back off you 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Failing to Stop is a Criminal Offence, so if you’ve reported it, then possibly you may be eligible for a Criminal Injuries Compensation award. I don’t know how to go about getting recompense for your material loss/damage though; think the culprit needs to be caught and convicted for that.

Anyone who knocks someone off/over then flees is cowardly scum. I’ve had it happen to me.

I witnessed an accident a few years ago; the driver of one car was about to flee, but I stopped him, telling him it would be much worse if he did. He ended up getting done for causing death by dangerous driving. 😯

valleydaddy
    Free Member

That’s terrible I hope you are ok?

The driver derserves all the hassle they are going to get if they get caught and the hassle getting their car fixed up.

Why do people do this with no regard to the injury/damage they have caused – beats me 😈

kilo

Try the MIB I belive they run some form of hit and run compensation scheme;

http://www.mib.org.uk/NR/rdonlyres/085DE28C-9F25-4C0C-AE09-500245D5D547/0/MIB_A5_Claim_Guide_Booklet.pdf

May be able to get some of your costs back

project
    Free Member

+2 for the mib (motorists insurance bureu), always carry a pen as well, a permanent felt tip is best, as it doest run or wash off your hand , you can also write on the vehicle wat you think of them as well.

Hop eyou get well soon and make a good recovery.

dwaddy
    Free Member

Thanks for info on MIB. Will investigate. Any refund would help, looks like the whole episode will cost me £2000 and thankfully only a handful of cuts and bruises.

spooky_b329

I like the ‘sell it on ebay’ idea…set it as buy it now as the car driver will prob be in a rush to replace it, then when it sells to a local you can deliver it personally 🙂

CheesybeanZ

any CCTV before or after where the accident happened ?

Luminous
    Free Member

CBZ has beaten me to it, as I was about to suggest what the Police should already be working on.
    Which is to review the CCTV footage from the next camera along that route. This should reveal the index number of the vehicle, after which it should be quite easy for you to errr, return, ahem….the part of the car you still have, to its owner……

Glad you report to be OK though.

Markie
    Free Member

Great news that you’re okay.

FWIW, I live locally and drive that road (Peugeot 406, before anyone asks!), will keep an eye out.

Would add +1 for police, but no need!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Hit and run’ is closed to new replies.