Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Hifi Help
  • devash
    Free Member

Sonos = massively overpriced, massively overrated imo.

There’s a nice Yamaha network amp with Bluetooth built in on richer sounds website for 299£. https://www.richersounds.com/yamaha-rn602-blk.html

Much nicer option if you already have decent speakers.

CountZero

This might be worth a look at, it handles AAC and AptX, has optical and 3.5mm.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/MEE-audio-Universal-Transmitter-Headphones/dp/B016NIOOH2

andykirk
    Free Member

You have a very good set of speakers. Keep them.

Buy a second hand amplifier and any associated paraphernalia you need to connect it to bluetooth.

Put the amplifier somewhere else and get some long cables if positioning is an issue.

andylc
    Free Member

If Sonos is over priced and overrated then what else is better?? I can run speakers throughout the house with excellent sound, stream anything I want and choose anything in any room, quality is fantastic using Connect Amps and now if I want the new higher quality higher power version, plus there are cheaper standalone options like the Play series which sound amazing considering their size and price. I don’t see anything rven vaguely similar out there.

tinribz
    Free Member

I don’t see anything rven vaguely similar out there.

Yamaha multicast, Google chromecast and integrated speakers, Echo and Alexa integrated speakers, Bose… Etc.

andylc
    Free Member

Nothing has the integration, range of options and quality of Sonos. Plus amazing customer service. Yes Bose have come up with their version….which is MORE expensive. You can’t compare Echo / Alexa rubbish to a Sonos Amp and a decent quality set of speakers. Not even remotely comparable.

tinribz
    Free Member

Obviously I’m talking of connecting an echo to an amp. Although I imagine the dac is not great. Amazon are bringing out their own amp soon I believe and an optical link for connecting to your own.

But any networked amp will do what a sonos amp does?

andykirk
    Free Member

Nothing has the integration, range of options and quality of Sonos?

Sorry but this is absolute twaddle.

Next people will be saying how wonderful Bose is.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Hifi Help’ is closed to new replies.