Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Hide the Sudocreme
  • matt_outandabout

OAB household is cat sitting this week. The furball in question is a young Norwegian forest cat.

The feeder, and who knew this was a thing, auto feeds the cat to a recording of the owners voices calling the fuzzbucket to come eat.

I’m now an hour in to a cat running around the house mewing constantly in the hope of is owners being somewhere in the house…

I’m so tempted to get the Wahl’s out…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Norwegian, eh?

Beautiful plumage.

matt_outandabout

If it carries on mewing it may well be shaven of said plumage….

martinhutch

Don’t worry, it will break you in quickly.

fossy

How old is the cat – we have two Ragdolls, and the male, only 6 months, is already taller than the male ginger ninja we have – slightly lighter and thinner, but with the fur, looks huge. The female is a fair bit smaller.

matt_outandabout

We think she is about a year – she is a rehome cat and the dates given by the family that handed her in do not seem quite right. The tail and mane make her look a lot larger than she is underneath.

Now at office so peace reigns…

wwaswas

Please tell me the owner’s family name is Ford

So I can say the Norwegian forest cat is pining for the Fords?

brakes
    Free Member

auto feeds the cat to a recording of the owners voices

people will buy any old shite won’t they?

I’ve had a cat for a month, so I’m an expert now…. if a cat doesn’t destroy your house and craps in other people’s gardens then you’ve got a good one.

cranberry
    Free Member

The auto feeders are excellent – mine feeds the monsters 4 times a day, including a snack at 4am so I get to sleep in until 7.

😉

They stop begging you for food and generally sit and wait near the machine, only trying to take it apart or knock it off the counter if they are really hungry or bored.

It also has the benefit that it is controlled by my phone, so on the day when they need to be shut into their room for the cleaner to work in peace, I simply sit outside the door, trigger the feeder, watch them zoom into the room and close the door behind them, which saves chasing them around the house in an attempt to herd them.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

We just left the cat food in the kitchen, about 3 days worth in a big bowl out of reach of the dog. He just ate it when he was hungry in-between decimating the local rabbit population (and dragging them still alive up walls and over rooftops into a 2nd floor flat!).

He was built like a brick shithouse, weighed a ton (by cat standards) but entirely lean.

matt_outandabout

Please tell me the owner’s family name is Ford

Alas no.

muddy_bum
    Free Member

Norwegian forest cat they have lovely fir. 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Norwegian Forest cats are beautiful creatures!

fossy

Oh, auto feeding a 4am snack… hmm, the big cat has a tendancy to do this, then the other three follow – just got them all into a good habit of not mithering until the alarm clock light comes on.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

You need to buy some cucumbers.

brakes
    Free Member

@cranberry – ok, I may have been hasty. What make of feeder do you have? We are asking some cat-lady to come and feed our cat whilst we’re away for Christmas, but at £7 a visit I figure one of those might be cheaper in the long run and avoid the risks of snoopy strangers in the house.

matt_outandabout

You need to buy some cucumbers.

I have three teenage sons. The *first day* they went to meet said new cat, a cucumber was procured.

What make of feeder do you have?

A posh one it seems –

matt_outandabout

Minerva (McGonagall) says hello to the thread about her…

ElShalimo

I don’t normally like cats but as she looks like the lion in The Wizard of Oz, I think she’s alright.

disco_stu
    Free Member

An opportunity for me to post a picture of our forest cat – CocoCoco

cranberry
    Free Member

@Brakes – I have a Petwant one, not cheap, but has already outlasted the cheap one I had that was an absolute nightmare to program.

https://www.ebuyer.com/797340-petwant-automatic-pet-feeder-with-video-monitoring-and-smart-app-petfeeder?mkwid=s_dc&pcrid=247259280684&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=CjwKCAiA0uLgBRABEiwAecFnk18MIx3YabY5Zmehcv0SXE0DA8UW-Eb5yPjshRHKXajzbCHgO_wwuxoCcZoQAvD_BwE

It has bounced when landing on their ceramic fountain and has been generally bengal-proof*

* to date.

winston
    Free Member

Hmmm I can just imagine coming back after being away to a jammed cat feeder clicking away and a very skinny moggy with its nose pressed against the hopper!

brakes
    Free Member

thanks – I guess it’s dry food only?

matt_outandabout

Yes, dry only.

cranberry
    Free Member

Dry food only and it has to be biscuits under a certain size ( but almost all dry food is small enough ).

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I have three teenage sons. The *first day* they went to meet said new cat, a cucumber was procured.

Good work.

Looks like a lovely cat.

I used to have a cat – a scratty grey tabby that came from a local farm. But it had a superb temperament – very chilled, which is quite rare in our feline friends. I used to fold its ears back and it wasn’t remotely bothered.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Hide the Sudocreme’ is closed to new replies.