Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • hi, new here
  • alpinestar
    Free Member

got it at a reduced price as ex demo so didnt wory about the colour. going to get it changed at a later date for a birthday or Xmas pressie or something. not sure what to though. i like the plasma blue but you see alot of 5s in that. also like the purple they do and quite rare out on the trails so that’s leading the way so far. for now im still in love. at the moment im grounded, the hope axle in the rear wheel snapped at llandegla. contacted and its being repaired under warranty but wheel gone away to orange. said they have had a load of the maxle light axles snap so converting back to the thicker one. also sending me a new axle so may have a 135 x 12 maxle going if anyone interested later. as for the levers i will give them ago in a diff position, see if it helps or hinders as i dont pretend to have all the answers except if you were to ask my lady, then shed tell you im always right pmsl.

alpinestar
    Free Member

next upgrade is a blackspire stinger in green and a set of v1 bars rather than the standard ones. also a 36t raceface chainring with 104 bcd. anyone got one spare? got the supertacky 2.5 tyres for when i go to inners dh course and morzine. crc got 2.35 highrollers atm for £18 odd with single ply case and super tacky. great price for all purpose tyres.

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

Rockplough – Member
    Jesus Christ sort those brake levers out.

What’s wrong with his brake levers? Are mine too far round as well?
    Should I stop braking with my middle finger? Anything else we should do to fit in with the latest STW dictated fashion?

radoggair
    Free Member

Anything else we should do to fit in with the latest STW dictated fashion?

you could line your tyre logo’s and valves up and while your at it sort out your brake cabling 😉

Blower
    Free Member

Stopadoodledoo – Member

Rockplough – Member
    Jesus Christ sort those brake levers out.
    Anything else we should do to fit in with the latest STW dictated fashion?

buy an orange5 😀

alpinestar
    Free Member

orange 5s are for pussies. alpine 160 for the men.

stopadoodledoo, nice bike mate. cheers for backing me up bro. i bet i shouldnt brake with 2 fingers either, only the one like the pros lol. ive known a few pros good with one finger. 8) :ive got the 5/10s like yours to. the new ones dont feel as good to me as my old sam hill 2009 ones were. these feel well heavy.

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

Already got an Orange, and check out the angle of the levers on it. I’m surprised I can ride it at all.

Note: to all those who have been on a training course because you were previously scared of going off a 2′ drop and are now UK’s version of Wade Simmons because you did a 6′ gap, don’t try telling everyone else what is and isn’t right for them. It makes you look like lemons.

Stuey01
    Free Member

My advice. Get out whilst you still can.

You’ll thank me later.

Blower
    Free Member

alpinestar – Member

orange 5s are for pussies. alpine 160 for the men.

haha ah dear.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Stopadoodledoo
    Should I stop braking with my middle finger?

Looking at that photo, the answer is a definite no. It looks like you’re screaming down, casually sticking two fingers up to the course.

“You call this tough? Yawn.”

Rock and roll.

alpinestar
    Free Member

i think the point is he is screaming down the course dude. not on an orange 5 riding the scenic routes with his other go50 buddies. 😛 😆

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

You seem to have misunderstood Ashfanman’s post, as well as mine. See, the thing is, Rockplough appears to be telling other people how they should set their bikes up. In fact, by the phrasing of his sentence, beginning it with “Jesus Christ” and then telling you to sort them out, it would appear that he is somewhat of an expert on what people should do. If we ask nicely, he may tell us what bikes we should have bought as well, including a full breakdown of STW / Rockplough approved componentry. I for one await this information with baited breath, hopeful that a speedy reply will ensure that I no longer waste my money on parts I shouldn’t have bought because they aren’t suitable.

You and me though, we’re like blood brothers now. High Five, etc.

Blower
    Free Member

alpinestar

ahh dear,

alpinestar
    Free Member

i suppose everyones got there opinions, thats there choice. doesnt always make it right or wrong but ive noticed on here alot of the guys think they are right 100% of the time about all they say. doesnt bother me but why all the sarc with it guys.opinions are one thing, rubbing up the wrong way is another. in a world full of hate why make more enemies of fellow bikers. feel the love dudes…..

only kidding lol. this banter is funny. blood brothers , sounds good bro. at least one mate on here.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Wow.

Really?

Sorry that I’ve offended anyone to the point of having insults flung at me. Was meant half-jokingly in the STW tradition (as some others have picked up on). As I’ve already said if it works for you, fine. Never mentioned hardware or fingers, although a thicker skin might help around here, especially if you keep calling your bike a ‘2 wheeled slut’ and describing Orange 5s as being ‘for pussies’.

In the spirit of peace and love if the pair of you come to the Inners Enduro this weekend we can share manly stories and you can show me how to conquer those 2′ drops.

Happy trails.

P.S.

ive noticed on here alot of the guys think they are right 100% of the time about all they say

That’s the internet.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Nice bikes!

I missed the bickering in between, but there’s some flipping nice bikes on here.

Welcome to the forum.

alpinestar
    Free Member

just joining in the banter bro. if anyone wants to donate an orange 5 to me thats great. had the alpine for its d/h and freeride capabillities, only reason. nearly had the 5 otherwise. as for thicker skin ive been laughing along all the way, took no offence anywhere. youve got to admit though on here, ive read many posts on here and there are alot of opinionated fellowsthat are never wrong or am i wrong lol.

as for my 2 wheeled slut, was just trying to raise a smile in an otherwise dreary world.

pjm1974, cheers mate, glad you like the bike. cheers

face-plant
    Free Member

on the subject of toasters again
    if it’s a daulit toaster a minuet each side should do nicely 😀
    this is the model i use
    http://www.dualit.com/products/4-slice-newgen

davebust
    Free Member

Levers in the wrong place
    Valves not lined up
    Pedals not quite horizontal
    Bent trees

What else is wrong?

twelveski
    Free Member

What else is wrong?

About 10 mph too slow? 😀

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

Maybe you did mean it as a joke; maybe your delivery was just miles off because it very much looks like you have jumped on this brand new bandwagon of lever position that, if it did exist prior to PeterPoddy’s Stunt course, nobody ever saw fit to mention it previously but suddenly we have 1,000 ‘experts’ on the subject of bike setup.

Maybe it was a dig at all of those thousand new experts and not just you, with you and Alpinestar just being the pawns in this bizarre game they call Internet Bickering. It’s all part of STW’s rich tapestry though, I suppose. If we didn’t have people telling us what we should and shouldn’t do, there would only be about three posts a day and Tandem Jeremy’s user ID would have cobwebs on it.

As for 2′ drops:
    Pull up. No, sorry, push out. Oh, maybe pull up a bit whilst pushing out. Make sure your levers are level. Heels up, or is it heels down. Ride on the ball of your foot and not the heel (I think) and relax whilst approaching the edge but at the same time maintain the Attack Position, soon to be officially renamed the Ready Position because it sounds more friendly and caring.
    Jargon buster: The Attack (or Ready) position , as far as I can tell, means standing up rather than sitting down on the approach to a stuntramp.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i think you’re wrong.

orange 5’s and alpines are rubbish bikes, skills compensators and having the bikes set up like that will mean you’ll struggle to make it down a kerb let alone ride in the woods like grown-ups 😆

(welcome to STW lads, chill out, enjoy others fighting but try not to get sucked in yourselves)

alpinestar
    Free Member

someone say my bikes to clean. here after a days riding in wales. llandegla forest. red/black route and a play on the downhill to.

Blower
    Free Member

Stopadoodledoo – Member

Maybe you did mean it as a joke; maybe your delivery was just miles off because it very much looks like you have jumped on this brand new bandwagon of lever position that, if it did exist prior to PeterPoddy’s Stunt course, nobody ever saw fit to mention it previously but suddenly we have 1,000 ‘experts’ on the subject of bike setup.

Maybe it was a dig at all of those thousand new experts and not just you, with you and Alpinestar just being the pawns in this bizarre game they call Internet Bickering. It’s all part of STW’s rich tapestry though, I suppose. If we didn’t have people telling us what we should and shouldn’t do, there would only be about three posts a day and Tandem Jeremy’s user ID would have cobwebs on it.

As for 2′ drops:
    Pull up. No, sorry, push out. Oh, maybe pull up a bit whilst pushing out. Make sure your levers are level. Heels up, or is it heels down. Ride on the ball of your foot and not the heel (I think) and relax whilst approaching the edge but at the same time maintain the Attack Position, soon to be officially renamed the Ready Position because it sounds more friendly and caring.
    Jargon buster: The Attack (or Ready) position , as far as I can tell, means standing up rather than sitting down on the approach to a stuntramp.

quality 😀

and alpinestar yer valves arent lined up,.

alpinestar
    Free Member

i was in a rush, you can see my turtles head from here lol.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘hi, new here’ is closed to new replies.