Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 122 total)
  • hey mods, over here……
  • iDave
    Free Member

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Give it up Paul. You're an old man now, with stupid hair. And yer music's shite.

Hohum
    Free Member

"We are the mods,
    We are the mods,
    We are, we are, we are the mods!"

Fab film 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Actually I used to love 'A Town Called Malice' when I was little, and would bash a pot with a wooden spoon when it came on the radio. My mum wasn't best pleased and banished me to my room.

trailmonkey

The Who were proper sh1te though weren't they ?

Never did write that book did you Pete.

Hohum
    Free Member

The Jam rock!

I remember 2 years ago in a team meeting with our senior manager, who is in his mid to late 50s, and his phone started ringing and the ring tone was A Town Called Malice!

My respect for him increased significantly 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Never did write that book did you Pete.

Ha ha!

Pete Townshend wrote a play about the time he once spent on top of a building.

Ringo
    Free Member

The who weren't really mods though were theywhen they were the high.numbers they played some shit that tried to draw the mods in

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

**** a mod today

Ringo
    Free Member

My dad was in quadrophenia he said that it really did kick off with the rockers in the film

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Agree with Ringo.

More hippy than mod :

And shite pretentious music without any soul or beat.

cinnamon_girl

Luuuuuurve those curls. 8)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

says the hippy girl…………….I rest my case.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Lol at people having a go at the 'oo. They were a great band in the 60s and for half the 70s. A better run than most. Some great songs, some dodgy but better than most.

trout
    Free Member

Wish I still had my Lammy SX200 that I sold for £195 34 years ago

Nostalgia mending it in the rain half way to morecambe on a bank holiday
    and nearly freezing to death trying to sleep on the beach

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Funny that Roger Daltrey playted John McVicar in a film, and in one scene the cons are all shouting 'Sex case sex case 'ang 'im 'ang 'im 'ang 'im!'

Pete Townshend wasn't in that film.

Hohum
    Free Member

Innocent until proven guilty.

Isn't that the case in this country of ours?

Still odd though.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Innocent until proven guilty.

Hmmm..

And he's made some truly Godawful music.

donsimon
    Free Member

Ringo – Member

The who weren't really mods though were theywhen they were the high.numbers they played some shit that tried to draw the mods in

I remember an interview with the Who on Nationwide, many, many, many years ago during their transition into mods, the reply to the question of changing style was quite simple, " if our managers want us to be mods, we're mods. If they want us to be rockers, we're rockers."

johnners
    Free Member

Indeed – innocent until proven guilty, and not charged with any form of sexual assault on minors, so "Fiddler on the Roof" is pretty lame.

wwaswas

the Whoe were mods, they just moved on a bit. The Beatles went from 'Hey Hey Mr Postman' to 'I am the Walrus' in 4 years – everyone changes.

I saw both the Jam and The Who in the late 70's there were as many mods at each. But less Skinheads and Punks at the Who and consequently less fighting.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

'Hey Hey Mr Postman' to 'I am the Walrus' in 4 year

Did you listen to that documentary about Lennon too?

Ringo
    Free Member

The who were never mods they were told to attract the mod crowds by there management they were a normal pop band
    Like don Simon said

MSP

Ringo – Member

The who were never mods they were told to attract the mod crowds by there management they were a normal pop band
    Like don Simon said

mods were just a brand of pop music in the 60's and late 70's, they are not mutualy exclusive.

Futureboy77

mods were just a brand of pop music in the 60's and late 70's, they are not mutualy exclusive.

Tosh. Mod was a youth culture which began in the 50's until the mid to late 60's (although still exists to a certain extent).

Small Faces were the true mods!

Keep the Faith

MSP

From wikipedia

The Small Faces were an English rock and roll band from east London

😉

Futureboy77

Must be true then! 😯

I'd better go and sell my Lambretta's and hang up my parka. I know nothing about the lifestyle i've been living for years!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Utter bollocks.

DezB
    Free Member

Utter bollocks.

Like most of the opinions on this thread

rOcKeTdOg

I know nothing about the lifestyle i've been living for years

better change hte "futureboy" login then, are you a weller clone?, there are a couple by me, but they are authentic, they look in their 50's and past it too 🙂

ourkidsam
    Free Member

'Hey Hey Mr Postman' to 'I am the Walrus' in 4 years

Did you listen to that documentary about Lennon too?

That was freaking me out, I knew I'd just heard that very phrase! I think it's on the trail though as I didn't listen to a whole programme

Futureboy77

are you a weller clone?,

Definitely not. I just happen to like the clothes, soul music and scooters.
    There is more to mod than Paul Weller! 😕

Keva
    Free Member

mods… modernisers or something like that ? a bunch of metrosexuals.

Kev

KINGTUT
    Free Member

mods… modernisers or something like that ? a bunch of metrosexuals.

Modernists.

As an aside, have you seen what that wankhole form Oasis is charging for a Parka in his new clothing line, £245! I used to pay £20 for mine from the Army and Navy, albeit a good few years ago now.

rOcKeTdOg

Definitely not. I just happen to like the clothes, soul music and scooters.

thank goodness for that,they do look a little sad.

sorry, reading my post back it sounds agressive and nasty, wasn't meant to be i assure you

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

As an armchair sociologist I find Mod very interesting.

I used to hang out on the fringes of the Leicester Mod scene and found it to be a very curious social phenomeneon where everyone was desperate to prove that someone else wasn't as 'Mod' as they were by striving to find an unwritten rule book that defined their subculture.

It's like everyone was trying to take it back to be more authentic than it was at the time. As a pervading social movement I can't find much evidence for it's duration, I supose it might be a bit like the Blur V Oasis period of the mid-ninties might be perceived in twenty years time?
    Did many bands at the time define themselves as Mod? – Was it a bit like Grunge in this respect?

Discus
    1500 words, on my desk by Wednesday morning, that'll be all class.

Futureboy77

£350 for a vintage M51 parka now!!!!

Edit: No worries RocketDog….i happen to agree with you about Weller clones!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

£350 for a vintage M51 parka now!!!!

OMG I had 3, I threw them out when I stopped being a Mod.

timbur
    Free Member

I seen the Who twice and am only 35. They're ace live.

Oh and Rog has got a fishing lake on his land in the shape of a fish. Now THAT's rock and roll kids!

Tim

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Did many bands at the time define themselves as Mod? – Was it a bit like Grunge in this respect?

Yes and no, some bands had Mod style like the Small Faces and The Action, but the Music that Mods listened to went deeper then British bands, they listened to Motown, Stax, R&B etc, the early Modernists were even into Jazz they were the pioneers of Mod, it was a Cafe Culture and yes they were very Metrosexual.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘hey mods, over here……’ is closed to new replies.