Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Herefordshire Riding
  • jamj1974

I am in Leominster a couple of evenings a week at the moment and was wondering if anybody could recommend somewhere to ride. I am looking for somewhere within a 15-20 minute ride of the town centre.

Can any Herefordshire locals suggest somewhere nearby?

jamj1974

Bump for the morning crowd.

soundb0y
    Free Member

Have a look at Hopton and Long Mynd. Will probably have to drive but I don’t know of anything decent closer to Lemner.

jamj1974

I ride at Hopton and Long Mynd fairly frequently at weekends but am looking for something nearer. I’m driving a lot at the moment and am trying to keep it to a minimum where I can. I’m not looking for anything particularly challenging or technical – a good bridleway loop would be fine. I think I’ll have to just pick up an OS map and go from there.

T1000
    Free Member

out to Bircher Common watch out for the Adders!

over to Dinmore there are lots of briddleways / byways that you can link together

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

I’m Leominster based, but I haven’t really ever ridden the MTB from town, only ever the roadie. There isn’t a great deal of elevation change in the surrounding few miles though!

I usually drive to hopton/bucknell/mortimer forest/bringewood/long mynd a couple evenings a week to ride though. Normally have space in the van too. Drop me an email (in profile) if you want to tag along. 🙂

Dilwyn
    Free Member

I ride in mortimers forest near ludlow most days if you’re interested. It would be a 15 minute drive still though.

jamj1974

Thank you for your kind offers. I’ll drop you both a line after the bank holiday if that’s ok.

soundb0y
    Free Member

Is Mortimer worth a look?

I’m down between Bromyard and Hereford and normally go down to FoD or dogger dodging at Haugh woods if I don’t fancy the drive.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Herefordshire Riding’ is closed to new replies.