Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Help! What's happened to Flickr?
  • cinnamon_girl

How am I supposed to ‘share’ a pic on here when the Flickr gobbledegook has changed? Can only have happened in the last week.

Thank you. 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

You need that funny “share” three pronged thingy then capture the BCode whatsit.

GrahamS
    nbt

oh fudge, they;ve rolled out the “beta” site that I opted out of some months ago. Happened overnight as it wasn;t like that yesterday

nbt

‘snot there any more, they’ve only got HTML now 🙁

footflaps

Yep it’s gone shit again, the BB code is still there (although different to how it was before). You need to find the box with an arrow and then the pin and then select the text in the form.

binners

It changed yesterday. I spent a while wandering around looking for a BB code. What was that old adage? Something about ‘if its not broke……?

dabble
    Free Member

i’ve just had a mare trying to show some photos. Go to the “share” bit on the photo, click on the pin icon and copy the text then paste it straight into your text box. Thats how i did it after faffing for a while.

footflaps

Interestingly it’s own BB code breaks their own terms of service which specify a hyperlink back to the page. The image itself is a hyperlink but it no longer says “XYZ by brf on Flickr” at the bottom.

footflaps

Strange company, Flickr (or Yahoo). They’ve been piloting the new look for ages, everyone said it was shit and they still went ahead with it.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for the replies. What a pita it’s become, do you think it will change back again?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Urgh, what a carp setup.. Just logged in to find a pile of poo. 😐

Sorry for the blind link earlier.

andytherocketeer

They’ve been piloting the new look for ages, everyone said it was shit and they still went ahead with it.

same with Yahoo Mail.
    ranted big time on FB (friend works for yahoo).
    every single one of my rants has been “put back” in some form or other, so they obviously do listen to users. eventually.

not looked at flickr for ages, but the previous version was pants too.

footflaps

What was that old adage?

if you work at Yahoo it’s probably “If it’s not broke, break it”

not looked at flickr for ages, but the previous version was pants too.

Well this is an enhancement to the previous version, which no one liked either…

andytherocketeer

just another case of software written by hipsters, so they can show off their ipads in starbucks.
    “ooh! we could throw a bit of jquery* at that to give a different user experience”
    I don’t want to “experience” a mail app or photo app. I want to USE it.

(* or YUI in the case of Yahoo)

theflatboy
    Free Member

Since the big overhaul of Flickr I have gone from going on there basically every day to almost never. Shame.

footflaps

Likewise. I just use it to host photos for posting else where. The whole community thing has been killed off eg I rarely look at anyone else’s stuff on there now.

jfletch
    Free Member

Interestingly it’s own BB code breaks their own terms of service which specify a hyperlink back to the page. The image itself is a hyperlink but it no longer says “XYZ by brf on Flickr” at the bottom.

That’s fine. The Flickr TOS say you have to link back. They don’t say you need a text hyperlink so the image being a hyperlink is fine.

I used to edit out the “XYZ by ABC on Flickr” bit anyway as it was annoying.

footflaps

That’s fine. The Flickr TOS say you have to link back. They don’t say you need a text hyperlink so the image being a hyperlink is fine.

They’re missing out on brand awareness then, as unless you click on it you don’t know its Flickr.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Help! What's happened to Flickr?’ is closed to new replies.