Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Help – No Energy
  • Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I have no idea what the cause is, but I have had absolutely no energy most of this year. There may be some post viral fatigue (mix of malaria and swine flu 2 weeks apart earlier in the year), or stress and emotional carnage. Whatever the cause though I need to sort it out so I can get on with living a fuller life 🙁

So… any suggestions of what to try to pick myself back up? I kind of suspect I need to exercise a (lot) more, but when you have no energy it is hard to force yourself out to do stuff 🙁 I am hoping to start Tai Chi tomorrow evening though, if I can drag myself out after work!

alwyn
    Free Member

Have you seen a doctor?

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Nope, I very rarely bother with them after several bad experiences years ago (ie them not giving a damn about such little issues as high fevers after spending 4 months in the Amazon!)

Perhaps I should though.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Doctor visit time. Quite possibly post viral but could be other things.

Smee
    Free Member

What they said. Suck it up and go see they dude that knows a bit about this stuff…

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Had the post viral thing earlier in the year – took 10wks to clear up!! 🙁

simonralli2
    Free Member

Could be a number of things of which I am no expert on.

But one thing is that you may have candida which can sap you of energy without you feeling viral. It feeds on sugar in particular, and ironically drinking more and more energy drinks and red bull etc can make it worse.

Just thought I would throw that into the mix of possibilities.

For stress, Glenn Harrold has done a great easy to use CD called Complete Relaxation. Tai Chi should help a lot too once you get into it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

That candida thing is bollocks

frenchie
    Free Member

Get your blood checked for things like low iron content.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Heard the story of Samson Rob??? 8)

Northwind

Anaemia's a pretty common cause of energy loss, can be dietary or medical (ie, not getting enough iron, or not absorbing it) Nice simple test too.

GJP
    Free Member

Depression may be a possibility?

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Wouldn't think it's depression – but it has been one hellish year and I don't know if it's just taken more out of me than I thought. The crappy weather has probably taken it's toll on my enthusiasm for stuff too.

Hmmm… perhaps should see the quack.

project
    Free Member

RobS, 4 months in Amazon is about enough for anyone,all those books,and gifts going out everyday must be hard work.

As for the fatigue, Anaemia,i suffer from it, its a pain, just kills all your energy,(not physically kills you for a long time), take iron tablets, from the chemist,eat plenty of green veg,apples and other fruit.

Get a blood test,and if youre lucky you want be admitted to hospital for a blood transfusion.

Have a look at your lips, in the corners, small cuts are a sign of Anaemia, as are white fingernails, that stay white after pressing them,also a craveing for certain foods.

Simple blood test will tell the GP,whats up, and its free.

The other tests are not so nice.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Right – shall get onto the docs after next weekend (got a 3 day week this week, then off to Belfast on Thursday morning to do some dedicated iron consumption).

I don't *think* it's anything serious… but by the sounds of things it could be wise to get checked out!!!!

Flaperon

If you visit your local blood donor centre, they do a fingerprick test for iron levels. If yours are low, they won't let you give blood and you'll know what the issue is, and if they aren't, you'll have do something useful.

Free altitude training, and you get as many Penguin bars as you want. 🙂

Though if you had malaria and didn't visit your doctor in the UK then you're a braver person than me…

coffeeking
    Free Member

Malaria + BLood Donor centre = no testy. IIRC if you've had malaria you're not allowed as you're never fully cured of it?

LoulaBella
    Free Member

RobS, 4 months in Amazon is about enough for anyone,all those books,and gifts going out everyday must be hard work.

I love it!

But seriously I had a similar thing, i got MRSA in hospital after giving birth to my son. I wasnt right for a couple of years and would get every virus/cold/bug going cause my immune system sucked. I hardly ever felt 'healthy' it really gets you down. I found adapting my diet to loads of fresh fruit and veg, fish and good oils (olive oil, fish oil) really helped and really looking after myself. Its so much worse when you have kids relying on you for everything and you have no energy 🙁
    Go see your doc and never google your symptoms every time any does that they get convinced they are going to die, or is that just me!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Help – No Energy’ is closed to new replies.