Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Help me decide what to do with my car
  • FB-ATB

Needing 7 seats, I would have directed you to Pistonheads Shed of the week. It’s a Merc too but consensus is it’s hiding a spendy issue

molgrips
    Free Member

How well did your last impulse buy go?

I’ll let you know after tomorrow’s run up through Mid Wales on B roads 😉

I reckon that Sharan is fine – the chassis on my Passat is galvanised, there’s bare metal on the sills where I’ve been jacking it up constantly and it’s still grey after years and years. So I’m guessing the Sharan would be too.

Zafera isn’t a bad motor either.

I reckon he needs 7 proper seats though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I reckon that Sharan is fine

It’s mot suggests its been run on the bare minimum for a number of years.

molgrips
    Free Member

Blimey, looking through cars at £1.5-2k some of these cars are absolutely battered. My Passat is much nicer than these, that’s encouraging when I come to sell.

woodster

That Sharan is a heap that’s been mistreated for years and then traded in before it it’s no longer a viable vehicle.

RustyNissanPrairie

What does this mean…. the seat coverings are not good? The stitching on the drivers seat on mine gave way – I had to stitch it back together myself!!

the ‘Active’ models which do tend to be manuals have faux leather/plastic seat materials which badly splits. The seat bolster seam also comes undone as you mentioned.

That Sharon has been unloved most of its life.
    They are out there – but Covid tax means they are a grand or so higher than they were. I’ve just bought a mint low mileage 2004 Berlingo for £2400 – that would have been a grand a couple of years ago.

the-muffin-man

That Sharan is a heap that’s been mistreated for years and then traded in before it it’s no longer a viable vehicle.

That would be my guess too!

Also at MOT last Nov it had 195,000 miles on the clock. A year later it’s being sold with 195,000 miles on the clock!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Help me decide what to do with my car’ is closed to new replies.