Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Helmet Recommendations
  • letmetalktomark

Evening All,

In need of a new lid – I bought my current helmet in 2003 and I think that its in need of replacing!

Any recommendations/suggestions?

I usually ride XC if that makes a difference 😕

Cheers Folks.

mcinnes
    Free Member

I like my Xen. Cool, comfortable, different colour options 🙂

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

If you ride XC then you don't need something as bulky as a Xen. I use an Athlon and it's much cooler and lighter than a Xen. These new breed of lightweight helmets are really a revelation.

And you should replace your helmet more regularly.

_tom_
    Free Member

I'm using a Giro Hex and it looks/feels great but isn't quite as cool as my older Specialized Air Force 3 (which was uglier and a bit less comfortable).

letmetalktomark

SpokesCycles – Member

And you should replace your helmet more regularly

Complete oversight. Ironic I spend loads on bike bits an naff all on protection.

Actually stupid rather than ironic.

Will be sorting ASAP. 😳

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

i bought a Bell Slant in black last week £40 quid and i love the look and feel.

Really light weight and plenty of vents.

nockmeister
    Free Member

Fox Flux get great reviews

letmetalktomark

MoseyMTB – Member

i bought a Bell Slant in black last week £40 quid and i love the look and feel.

Really light weight and plenty of vents.

How do you get on with the fit being "one size fits all"?

The local LBS's near me have a pants selection so I will need to resort to on line purchasing – not ideal but……

carlphillips
    Free Member

fox flux, for me waaaay comfier than my xen. ignore reports of it being heavy, it feels lighter to me??

woffle
    Free Member

ionos for me – v.light and the air-flow is fantastic – nowhere near as sweaty as my previous helmets (Havoc / Specialized £50 job)…

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

the slant is brilliant, you just turn this wheel on the back and it pulls into a perfect fit.

They come in small medium or large i think but altertations using the wheel.

I can't recommend it enough. Colour looks good and its a perfect fit thanks to the fine tuning available.

£40 too so it was a bargain.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Helmet Recommendations’ is closed to new replies.