Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Helmet options
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

I need some advice on helmets, I need a new trail lid as my flux now has some serious cracks and I also need a full face for the odd uplift day, enduro and the mega in the summer.

I have been to my LBS and they do not have any that fit me (I have a very large head, XXL in motorbike helmets) So CRC with their good return policy seems like the best option.

On Monday I rented a 661 comp in XL at FOD and it fitted fine, so the logical thing to do would be buy another flux and one of those, however the comp seems to be the cheapest full face around which isn’t very encouraging, although I assume it has to pass the same tests as others.

One option is the Bell Super 2r, I know this is acceptable for UKGE but is it up to the gnar of the mega and are there any mega rules against it? I would consider buying it without chin piece and a separate full face, can you buy the chin piece separately at a later date? can’t find it on google. Is the MIPS worth bothering with?

Other full face option is Bluegrass Brave Flag reduced from 140 to 40 quid, anyone have any experience with one of these?

Any advice much appreciated!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Helpful bunch aren’t we?

kimbers

for the mega Id defo go for something tougher than the 2r

you dont need to spend much to get a decent ff lid, loads of options from 661, bluegrass and the like often on sale, the comp or brave woud be absolutely fine, spending more will get you something ligther and a bit better vented
    ust make sure it fits well

mcnultycop

I have a very similar Bluegrass helmet in shape to that Brave. I only use it for uplifts but it’s ace. Comfy, I can pedal in it if necessary, nicely ventilated.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Nice one, I got a Bluegrass Brave from CRC with some vouchers and codes, and the Bluegrass Goldeneye off the PSA yesterday, judging by opinions and reviews they come up big so should suit me fine.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Double post

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Helmet options’ is closed to new replies.