Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Heckler fail!
  • The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

Jesus what a ball ache

walla24
    Free Member

inserting photo into forum….fail!
    😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

mended. The photo that is not the frame

cold
    Free Member

What happened?

daveh
    Free Member

Ooops! Would never of happened on the old Heckler I tell you.

NewRetroTom

steve_b77:
    Putting big chainring on the right way round FAIL!

steve_b77
    Free Member

NewRetroTom – Member
    steve_b77:

Not my bike – accusation FAIL ❗ :mrgreen:

The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

Cheers Steve, New Retro Tom your more than welcome to try and fit the big ring round the other way!
    Took her over the Knarly all mountains of the Forest of Dean! heard a big snap noise in the car park; which I think was the swing arm bolt shearin and the rest is what you see before you.

The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

Should the Race face logo face inward on the big ring on Atlas cranks Tom? Piss take FAIL?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It's on the right way ROUND, but the tab should be behind the crank.

Criticism FAIL! 😉

The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

Never been changed from new Race face assembly line fail!

z1ppy

indeedy, the pin should be behind the crankarm, but the chainring is on the right way.

Intereresting crack/failure though

ken_shields
    Free Member

The rings not round the wrong way but the post that pokes out from the ring should line up with the crank to stop the chain getting jammed between the ring and the crank although that would appear to be the least of your problems

The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

It dont matter where the pin is when the frames lying in the bottom of a skip!

NewRetroTom

The Tall Man – Member
    It dont matter where the pin is when the frames lying in the bottom of a skip!

Very true!

DezB
    Free Member

Never has a broken bike thread amused me so. er, FAIL!

I knew those silly curvy swingarms were a bad idea.

The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

Be very intrested to see if any other Heckler 07 on owners have had similar problems. Two swing arm bolt heads snapped off in the frame prior to this incident.
    Could be just me though, perhaps I need to lay off the Stella.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Literal lol at all the fail.

juan
    Free Member

well next time you'll use a bash ring…

Oh hang on a minute…

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Oh well never mind, put it on ebay some mug will buy it!

grumm
    Free Member

dreednya

Ooops! Would never of happened on the old Heckler I tell you

Managed to crack my downtube all the way round on my 2006 Heckler (old style). Didn't complain or make any noise, the only way I picked up on it was that when powering up over the rocky slabs on the final descent of the ClimachX trail the bike felt like the rear wheel was trying to pull out of the drop outs. Held together for the blast down the final descent though :o). No real reason for it to go where it did, near where the swing arm attaches, but LBS reckoned it may have just been fatigue as I was riding it 3-5 times a week and 15-50 miles a go.

scruff
    Free Member

My back end hasnt broke yet. Had a new front end though as the BB ripped out & stripped off the threads, replaced under warranty.

Post up when you hear back from Jungle.

bigyinn
    Free Member

kaesae your next spraycan tuning job has arrived…..

nickc

You're not wrong, they used to fail on the seat tube…

cynic-al
    Free Member

No real reason for it to go where it did, near where the swing arm attaches, but LBS reckoned it may have just been fatigue as I was riding it 3-5 times a week and 15-50 miles a go.

Uh pivot points can be under a lot of stress, and there are bottle mounts there too…

bigsi
    Free Member

Has the seat tube failed as well 😕

The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

When I catch up with the six year old that welded it in vietnam, me and him are gonna have words 👿

steve_b77
    Free Member

Thats your issue, every man and his dog knows six year old Vietnamees shoudl only be allowed to weld Apollo frames, it's the 7yr olds that do boutique American ones, duh!!

Sweat shop production line EPIC fail 😆

stevomcd
    Free Member

Managed to crack my downtube all the way round on my 2006 Heckler (old style). Didn't complain or make any noise, the only way I picked up on it was that when powering up over the rocky slabs on the final descent of the ClimachX trail the bike felt like the rear wheel was trying to pull out of the drop outs. Held together for the blast down the final descent though :o). No real reason for it to go where it did, near where the swing arm attaches, but LBS reckoned it may have just been fatigue as I was riding it 3-5 times a week and 15-50 miles a go.

Mine went in exactly the same place. It was after 1.5 seasons of guiding in the Alps on it, so I've just put it down to fatigue as well.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Mine's fine but I just float over stuff and am dead skinny and that 😛

Winnie's will last forever if he avoids road riding on it!

juan
    Free Member

Funny my rocky is still going strong after hummm 8 years of riding, even though it got 3 years of less riding it did got a lot of riding in the alps too (for the first 3 years and the last year).

Coyote
    Free Member

Yeah but you only weigh 27lbs. Hardly going to stress the bike is it?

Oh, and LOL!!! @ Bigyinn.

The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

Heckler Fail Update.

Just received a call from the bike shop, swing arm has been replaced under warranty and the old girls good to go! Three days turn around; fair play to Worcester cycles!
    Happy days 😀

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

I would be peeved off yo think that fatigue may cause it, I have hammered the life out of lightweight alu hardtails and never had a fail… would expect more from a full bouncer.

That said I do have a santa cruz… must keep an eye on it, however I am confident the boy that welded mine was at least 10 years old 🙂

redx

I've snapped the head off one of the the swingarm bearing pinch bolts on my 07 Heckler. Bit of a pig to get the remainder of the bolt out though. Not found a crack like that though……

The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

Two more redx and you will have caught me up!

redx

Did manage to break the Bullit I had before it……

carlos
    Free Member

The Tall Man- Did you get one of the new 2010 rear ends? They don't have the pinch bolt set up wich eliminates the pinch bolt failure scenario but it's the same style as used on the Blur Lt.

As per jay tee photos in the link http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=573565

Carlos

The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

Not sure yet Carlos dont pick it up till tomorrow

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Heckler fail!’ is closed to new replies.