Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Heckler fail!
  • The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

Carlos, just picked up the bike and yes they have replaced with the new 2010 swing arm. Hurray no more f-in pinch bolt fails!
    I may even treat the front end to a new powdercoat and decal set at Argos Racing Cycles 🙂

juan
    Free Member

Hardly going to stress the bike is it?

Well come down and ride with me then.

votchy
    Free Member

Rich,

good news by the sound of it, hope the new rear matches the front or did you get the lime green one off the demo bike 😉

Mark

The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

Lol Mark.

The new rear does match; apart from its dazzling fresh out the box whiteness. Still after one ride in this weather that will all change!

carlos
    Free Member

I know what you mean about the f-in pinch bolts, also had lots of issues with play in the piovt on the last one, all sorted out amicably of course, but not what you really want in the first place.
    The 2010 rear is So much better imo, it might just be me but it seems stiffer and less flexy and it looks neater without the pinch bolts.

hecklerian
    Free Member

The new rear is in response to a high level of failures worldwide. I went through 2 swing arms in 18 months. Don't know yet if the 2010 one is better, I suppose only time will tell.

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

I used to sell em and we would get the odd problem…. Sorted on warranty but often took a while!

Fine but a bit of a pain when a punter had spent a few G's on a bike that they could not ride.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Tall man will probably snap it trying to fit a new tire. The ham fisted fool. Hi rich 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

The old one is betterer 😎

votchy
    Free Member

Ryan,

remember he gets YOU to fit his tyres 😉

TheSwede
    Free Member

votchy – Member

Ryan,

remember he gets YOU to fit his tyres

True. He still has'nt noticed they are both the wrong way around. 😀

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I've snapped two pinch bolts and got the following recent response from santa cruz UK….

"That seems quite unfortunate. There was a slight issue with some of the original bolts that were fitted having too slim a head on them but we have replacements here with a far thicker head. I'll send two in the post to you. Just pop them in with a medium loctite on the threads and make sure the pivot axle and aforementioned bolts are tightened to the appropriate torque settings and you should have no more problems"

Nice of them to send me new screws straight away, but they are shorter (threaded bit) that the ones I had in and I'm not overly convinced by the explaination.

The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

Ham fisted!, coming from a bloke who takes cranks off with a grinder. I'm suprised you know anyting about maintenance, you usually just buy a new bike 😆

The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

Papa, I feel you pain, the pinch bolt design is she-ite. I had a head bust off a 2-3 week old bolt; fitted from Santa cruz's reasonably priced pro pack (Not) £35.00 quid, then a trip to the bike shop for another £20.00 to remove what was left of the bolt. When you look at the new swing arm I just wonder what the hell they were thinking of before. I guess time will tell if the new one is any good and to be honest if it aint, I will probably find out ❗

TheSwede
    Free Member

I'll remember that tall man. The next time you call me all upset and tearie eyed because you've cross threaded one of your value caps and dont know whether the bike is safe to ride to the spa shop if its not too cold and dark to do some skidds past the window because you fancy singhita and you know she's impressed by big long skidds, you can jolly well super glue it on your self.

SBrock
    Free Member

Tall Man – Did you get the replacement swing arm within the 2 year warranty period? Just that my Heckler is coming up to 2 years old in the spring – however i do check the swing arm area regular for cracks/fatigue. I'm 16st and regularly abuse it in the Peak District week in-week out!

What are Jungle Uk like for swing arms cracking out of the 2 year warranty period?

cheers!

The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

SBock my swing arm was two and a half years old. Yours should of failed by now, your a stone heavier than me.
    With regard to Jungle I had no contact with them it was all sorted through the bike shop.
    Hope that all helps.

The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

Swede its called SPAR actually. The reason you think its called SPA is because the bums from your trailer park have vandalised the sign. 😀

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Heckler fail!’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM