Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,152 total)
  • Hebden Bridge Trouser Company
  • pistonbroke
    Free Member

Funky, Don’t give him any more ideas.
    Having spent 30+ years in the packaging industry, specifically making shrinkwrap for the beverage market, I know of several bottled water companies whose product is bog standard tap water and the filling lines are just a row of taps hooked up to the mains.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I still don’t understand why the providence of whether a trouser is made in Hebden Bridge or some other town is so important to folk who have bought them.

Because their whole marketing campaign was based around them saving ‘trouser town’. So I guess if after building the brand on that ethos and they’ve now gone elsewhere then people probably feel like they’ve been cheated.

In the words of John Lydon ‘Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated?’.

nedrapier

I still don’t understand why the providence of whether a trouser is made in Hebden Bridge or some other town is so important to folk who have bought them.

Have you seen their promotional video? The providence is important because they’re using that providence specifically as the main selling point of the trousers, and the brand, and to justify the high prices they’re charging.

Drac

If it turns out that this may not be the case then i can understand people getting miffed.

If it turns out they still are what then?

DezB
    Free Member

Sue STW’s ARSES!

spawnofyorkshire

@pistonbroke – would one of those companies be based near Huddersfield and be branded after some sisters who wrote a book each?

MrSmith
    Free Member

carry on peddling your British made wares through the usual (free) channels with the same ‘i’m your mate down the pub’ nonchalance.

Gary_M
    Free Member

exert from an interview with hebtroco. IF they have moved production then it all seems a bit of a shoddy way to behave. If they haven’t then happy days.

We came to this job knowing absolutely nothing about trousers and what we’ve learnt so far has come mostly from the factory that we work from. We use a factory in our town which is staffed by one cutter and six machinists. They make for other companies as well as us but we have quickly become their biggest customer.

We have a stock and despatch room in the factory which also serves as our office. Being based in the factory has given us the great opportunity to learn about the manufacturing process from the skilled worked who are involved in this business every day.

The cutter has been doing this job for 48 years and is a true Yorkshireman. He has dryly humoured our lack of knowledge and has patiently showed us how the job is done. We also enjoy being told how we know nothing by the machinists who have all spent most of their working lives in the garment manufacturing trade. They’ve seen plenty of people come along saying how they’re going to start up companies or do this and that. The truth is that not many follow through and many will just move production overseas when they start to find success.

smell_it
    Free Member

Thread disappears into history, fanboys feel more impressed with their keks, and trousers keep getting sold. Oh, and everyone returns to the more pressing matters of what’s for tea, and what booze do I need.

craigxxl
    Free Member

They prove that were they are made, get the added free advertising and reap the rewards.

If they’re not then is STW complicit in defrauding forum members by hiding the fact they maybe falsely promoted as made in Hebden Bridge in the way they removed a thread that highlighted this? Might need to seek legal advice.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Imminent….

nealglover
    Free Member

what sort of person sues their mates ? Especially ones who have done so much to promote their wares?

Nail on the head as to the reason behind the swift intervention and thread removal ?

andybrad

Drac – Moderator

Then theres nothing for people to get miffed about and it all goes away?

newrobdob
    Free Member

HebTroCo today as they read the deleted thread…….

newrobdob
    Free Member

Thread disappears into history

Not much chance of that…. 😉

ninfan
    Free Member

Then the HebTroCo owners get to sue Richard Pickles for defamation

Though by the look of whats written on his Facebook page, I suspect that Arkell v Pressdram may be mentioned.

scaredypants

Sue STW’s ARSES!

What, all of us or just a few bighi major arses ?

andybrad

whos Sue?

ninfan
    Free Member

whos Sue?

She lives next door but one to Alice

Gary_M
    Free Member

Alice?

RustySpanner

I knew he should have called it Brant’s Pants.

richardkennerley

I was in Hebden yesterday and knocked over Ed’s trouser bike by accident. Is this libellous?

tomhoward

whos Sue?

Louise’s sister

scaredypants

Gary_M – Member

Alice? Alice Pickering !!

Cougar

Just to satiate the rumour mill:

As far as I’m aware they are, all of the moleskin trousers sold or currently held in stock have been produced in Hebden. Other factories may or may not be producing other products for them elsewhere in the North West, but the moleskins in question aren’t currently in production in Hebden, China or anywhere else for that matter because no-one buys moleskin kecks in bloody June.

(This is AIUI and not a statement of fact, I do not have full visibility of both sides of the argument.)

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I suspect that Arkell v Pressdram may be mentioned.

That’s a very real possibility when you get sued; despite being in the right.

martinhutch

Libel proceedings are probably the only thing likely to be more expensive than the troos.

funkmasterp

Hebden is in West Yorkshire, the best of the Yorkshires. When did Lancashire get involved? This seam needs more mining in order to unravel the thread of conspiracy and zip this up for good

Drac

So it might be that the last order Pickles delivered in April has lasted through May and June as the UK has had temperatures in the 20s most of the time. Yet some how this is Brant and Ed’s fault.

matt_outandabout

York Short Co. .

BadlyWiredDog

Have you seen their promotional video? The providence is important because they’re using that providence specifically as the main selling point of the trousers, and the brand, and to justify the high prices they’re charging.

You mean provenance not providence – unless you think God is somehow involved in all this. You should be sued for semantic randomness… by God. Or maybe STW should. 🙄

chakaping
    Free Member

Looks like they’ve got Drac in their pocket.

It’s all a bit of a stitch-up, eh?

😛

Jamie
    Free Member

Hebden Bridge-ish Trouser Company?

Cougar

Hebden is in West Yorkshire, the best of the Yorkshires. When did Lancashire get involved?

Sorry, that was a braino on my part. The point I was making was that AFAIK they’re still a local company for local people and haven’t sold their soul to Seoul or anything.

I live in East Lancashire so West Yorkshire isn’t a million miles away, I forget exactly where the border lies unless I’m paying attention. I’ve edited the post now (so this will make no sense).

nealglover
    Free Member

So it might be that the last order Pickles delivered in April has lasted through May and June as the UK has had temperatures in the 20s most of the time. Yet some how this is Brant and Ed’s fault.

On the deleted thread, Weren’t you the one scoffing at anyone who was speculating without knowing the full facts of the matter ?

Drac

Look everyone Neal has arrived.

shifter
    Free Member

Why isn’t Brant arriving?

Jamie
    Free Member

So he doesn’t make a valid point?

Yay or nay?

Maybe a bit early to jump to the belittling stage of arguing, tho.

Drac

Nay.

It was the pitch forks out without evidence I was questioning.

nealglover
    Free Member

Grow up ffs. 🙄

I’ll repeat the question. You seem to have missed it.

On the deleted thread, Weren’t you the one scoffing at anyone who was speculating without knowing the full facts of the matter ?

Edit. Crossed posts.

It was the pitch forks out without evidence I was questioning.

So it’s ok to speculate without evidence, as long as we agree with what you are speculating then ?

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,152 total)

The topic ‘Hebden Bridge Trouser Company’ is closed to new replies.