Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Heart rate monitor advice please
  • captain-slow
    Free Member

17 year old son who is getting serious about road racing is in need of a new ant+ hrm band or similar – has had two garmin bands give up on him

are there any better alternatives than to buy another garmin one?

thanks

Radioman

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/polar-spare-elastic-soft-strap/

Use the Polar one if it is the type with removable sensor… The spacing for contacts is same distance apart

… The garmin ones break after about 6months regular use !!!

jkomo

Any Ant+ will work.
    The best combo according to General wisdom is a garmin pod (polar aren’t compatible)
    But the polar straps are better.
    eBay do for about £15 each new.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Curious. I’ve couple of Gamin ones and they’ve been going for years, getting used pretty much every day. Recently got the PowerCal one too, it’s a bit more expensive but also does a kind of pseudo power, works surprisingly well. May be worth a look.

Radioman

These are way better and I use this strap for my Garmin Edge 800.

Mini Garmin rant!! 🙂

The Garmin Edge 800 is another bit of awful Garmin equipment. It has a few decent functions that why i continue to use it, aswell as the fact it cost a lot!! however the design has so so many flaws. a classic one is the keyboard lock. just briefly press the on/off button!!!!! Then touch the screen to lock it. I bet countless other riders have had their rides split and spoilt by that awfully designed function that often lets you accidentally turn it off…

Radioman

The Polar Strap is perfectly compatible … IF you Just put the garmin central sensor bit in with the two studs..

captain-slow
    Free Member

so get the spare polartec strap and clip the garmin pod onto it? got to be worth a try for fifteen quid…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Heart rate monitor advice please’ is closed to new replies.