• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Kato.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Headsets, Which one?
  • mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Since everyone in the workd (practically) makes headset's how do i choose what to buy. Currently I have a Richey WCS but since it's been there a while could do with a replacement.
    I'm not going towards the Chris Bling side of things but could run to a hope or even a Crank Bros unit. But what works well enought to be fit and forget and is it worth the cash over an FSA or race face jobbie?

wwaswas

I've been very happy with the Cane Creek S8 I got cheap off Merlin.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Running 2 hope and IMHO are good – I did find a load of mud inside one after a hard winter and washing – I was worried about the bearings but prised the seals off , cleaned – regreased and races and bearings (former are stainless) were still lovely and smooth so I go for hopes everytime now d.t. spares, Support etc – I think jet washing a few times didn't help – my other one on my mates HT still going strong after 1.5 years 🙂

Lactic
    Free Member

mine are hope and have been trouble free, even with my maintenance regime of benign neglect. There have been lots of threads on here slating crank bros headsets so might be worth doing a search.

titusrider
    Free Member

the important question is……………

will it come with a crown race?

IGMC

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Oh that didn't read well 'crack the head tube itself.'
    Hope are the lead manufacturer right now for me. CK is too much money even if it last for longer than I do. Looks like that a simple choice reduced a bit, thanks.
    I'll have a look at the S8 just now.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

CC S8 here too.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Hope or CCS3 are winners

thomthumb
    Free Member

fsa orbit.

very similar to hope (in all but looks)

and can be picked up for £20

warpcow
    Free Member

I've never had problems with Cane Creeks (S3) or FSA Orbits. They're cheap, well sealed and you don't notice them. Never had a Hope though, but couldn't really justify the extra expenditure if I needed a new headset.

toons
    Free Member

Hope

Kato

I've always used FSA Orbit XL2. No probs

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Headsets, Which one?’ is closed to new replies.