Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • headset suggestions – ZeroStack (i think!)
  • foureyes
    Free Member

Hi all, current headset is a sort of internally affair which leaves a small lip on top and bottom of headtube, its an Acros Ai-03 http://www.acros.de/acros2/02_products/index.php?open=a7df88eaad8c0b75d9c34fb18922064c&product=f5dd6aace3607a82b5b61f47a753eee5&artikel=32.02.000

Cane Creek tell me their ZS range will fit, the ZS-2 looks ok. are they any good? if not, any other headsets that fit the bill?

i’m tempted by the Hope semi integrated, any views? cheers

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

My cane creek zero-stack one is ok. Not the best, but good value for money for sure.

sweep
    Free Member

Ive found the hope semi-integrated to be really smooth indeed, can’t really fault it and doesn’t cost much more than the cane creek. Acros make that AI-22 with ceramic bearings as well – don’t know how good that one is but appears to be a nice bit of kit, I nearly bought it myself but I hadn’t heard much about them as a brand.

MtbCol
    Free Member

I have a Hope Semi Integrated on my hardtail and its suffered loads of abuse and hasn’t failed me yet. Would definitely buy another one.

showerman
    Free Member

cane creek IS-8 little more money but never failed me yey unlike there cheaper ones

freeandsingle
    Free Member

I can recommend the SuperStar one, nice and smooth, good vfm

foureyes
    Free Member

ta, good to hear the Hope is well recommended as usual, have never had an issue with their stuff so will prob go for them, the sealing on the Ai-03 was pretty rudimentary and im surprised its gotten through 18 months of solid use to be honest. not a big fan of the 70’s style logos on the superstars so will pass on those.

Simon

Been using an FSA ZS headset for a couple of years with no problems, cost about £30 at the time IIRC.

foureyes
    Free Member

actually, as my bro has just pointed out, if i can afford the Hope, what better time to buy a British made product especially as it has a decent reputation…

foureyes
    Free Member

done. anybody know how to get one of these things out a frame?! 🙂

jamie@balfa
    Free Member

Foureyes,

Remember that the Acros AI-03 is only a 340 headset & is the basic one in the Acros range & uses non-stainless bearings.

For longer life, look at the Acros AI-22 Stainless at £65 with 5 year guarantee or Ceramic with 10 year guarantee for £120.

J

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘headset suggestions – ZeroStack (i think!)’ is closed to new replies.