Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 209 total)
  • have we done Lamborghini bunnyhop?
  • piemonster

Probably depends on how that money was accumulated?

piemonster

Anyway, have we reached a consensus as to whether I need to be outraged or amused by the BMX Lambo action?

_tom_
    Free Member

it’s incredibly elaborate and not something you could knock up in After Effects over the weekend. Not to that standard.

I don’t reckon it’d be that hard? It’s only a small low quality clip and not incredibly detailed. The only question is why though, not worth the time when you could just go hop over a lambo instead.

nickc

damaging other people’s property etc.

no Lamborghini’s were harmed in the making of this film.

jimjam
    Free Member

tom_
    it’s incredibly elaborate and not something you could knock up in After Effects over the weekend. Not to that standard.

I don’t reckon it’d be that hard? It’s only a small low quality clip and not incredibly detailed.

Yeah it would. If you started low res you would have massive jaggy pixels all over the place if you tried to chroma key anything in or out, so you’d need to work with decent footage at high res and then down grade to look the way it does.

LHS
    Free Member

Wonder if people would feel the same way if this was the car and it was parked outside the same cafe but the person who owned it was a 73 year old man who had worked hard all his life, built up his own company and been able to buy his dream car when he retired.

_tom_
    Free Member

Still pretty easy to do the latter though isn’t it. Still just not sure why you’d go to the time and effort to do it when you could just find pretty much any bmx’er to go hop on a car instead.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Well I think it’s awesome. I’ve fantasised about doing this many a time. I know that I could; I’ve got a pretty strong bunny hop. There’s one street near me where I’d do it. It’s very narrow, with cars parked on one side. Going in one direction, cars coming the other way regularly fail to give way to me when I ride on this street, even though they are entering my lane. They seem to assume I will because I’m on a bike. So I play chicken with them and they stop and I go past.

But I’ve always imagined that as I approach them and they come to a stop, that rather than squeezing past them, I just pop a bunny hop and ride over the buggers. It would be so rad. Maybe I will one day.

TheFlyingOx

the person who owned it was a 73 year old man who had worked hard all his life, built up his own company and been able to buy his dream car when he retired

Well the capitalist pig deserved it, because… because… because I never developed the life skills necessary to comprehend anything outwith the bounds of my own situation and therefore I see the spending of something in the region of £75k on anything other than clearing my crippling credit card debt and/or mortgage as frivolous to the point of wanton carelessness. 4 legs good, 2 legs bad, something about freeganism, etcetera, etcetera…

nickc

Wonder if people would feel the same way if this was the car and it was parked outside the same cafe

Was not the car parked outside the cafe…

nickc

Well the capitalist pig deserved it, because… because… because

Has said that he doesn’t mind…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Seriously. What the hell is wrong with people spending their own money?

Well piemonster nails one part and the other part is that whilst these people are busy spending their “hard earned money” he other side of the capitalist coin is

And this

Still he has a nice car and one has to have priorities in life about what one cares about. Clearly if you comment on his god given right to ostentatious shows of wealth then you must want to change the world into a Stalinist Gulag…..morality and wisdom in abundance in that argument 🙄

Its easier to call someone a communist and mock them than defend [ morally]the iniquitous spread of wealth within our society/world.

Unfairness always makes me cross. Every parent teaches their child to share fairly. Some of us forget this message as adults.

Junkyard
    Free Member

who had worked hard all his life

The subtle implication of this oft used statement is that if you are poor its because you did not work hard. I dont think that is strictly true. If it were we could all work hard enough and all become Richard Branson. There has to be winners and losers in capitalism as it a pyramid scheme. We cannot all win.

IME the worst and hardest jobs tend to be the lowest paid jobs as well.

jimjam
    Free Member

LHS – Member

Wonder if people would feel the same way if this was the car and it was parked outside the same cafe but the person who owned it was a 73 year old man who had worked hard all his life,

Well that old man would probably be okay with it, so it’s fine. If the guy who owned the Lamborghini was okay about it, why would 73 year old Porsche guy be a dick about it? Surely he’d be glad to have someone do a cool trick by jumping a bike on to his property for a video so the BMX guy can be famous for 15 minutes on the internet .So what if it get’s damaged. Cars can be fixed, and anyway, you can’t “own” stuff.

njee20
    Free Member

IME the worst and hardest jobs tend to be the lowest paid jobs as well.

Your experience? So you were a cleaner, and you’ve been a CEO for a multinational company have you? Or do you mean that you realise your cleaner works harder than you as a middle managing paper pusher!?

wrecker
    Free Member

There has to be winners and losers in capitalism as it a pyramid scheme. We cannot all win.

Agree with this, but I’m yet to hear of a convincing alternative. It’s been proven time and again that communism doesn’t work.

nickc

It’s been proven time and again that communism doesn’t work.

All that statement demonstrates is that you badly need a history lesson

aracer
    Free Member

I always enjoy argument winning comments like that

RickDraper
    Free Member

It could be his car??

wrecker
    Free Member

It wasn’t even an argument. Just a snipey comment with zero attempt to put a point across made just belittle another member due to differing views. The man’s a **** and represents the worst of this site.

LHS
    Free Member

Well piemonster nails one part and the other part is that whilst these people are busy spending their “hard earned money” he other side of the capitalist coin is

Sold all your bikes and apple products and given the money to these people have you?

Thought not.

The common mistake by a lot of people is that because they see people with money, that makes them barstards who don’t give two hoots about the poor or needy. When in my experience that is never the case. As an extreme example look at Bill Gates. Very extreme example but there are thousands of examples in between.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Sold all your bikes and apple products and given the money to these people have you?

Junkyard’s telecommunications device is woven out of a hessian sack, by free range hipsters wearing crocs.

…although, to be fair, you, didn’t really give him a chance to answer.

njee20
    Free Member

As an extreme example look at Bill Gates. Very extreme example but there are thousands of examples in between.

Warren Buffett even moreso, given away something like $40bn. Still has to drive around in a 1993 Honda Civic though, or be condemned to hell for his capitalist greed, man.

convert

and this

If find this argument slightly sad when used as a stick by any member of comfortable western society to beat folk we perceive as wallowing in wealth. It’s shades of grey. I have had the privilege to spend a little time in parts of the world with the most deprived in places not dissimilar to the photos you posted and I can tell you for certain Junky that they will not be able to differentiate between you (or Yunki) and that lambo owner. We are all consumerist whores when judged by that yardstick and should all feel embarrassed by what we take for granted.

To use that argument, as yunki appears to do, to approve of one spoilt brat abusing the property of an even more spoilt brat as some sort of social statement is naive in the extreme when looked at in a global context.

DezB
    Free Member

Bizarre

I stick by my earlier statement. This thread is bizarre.

aracer
    Free Member

As the context is now deleted, I should specify that I was referring to wrecker’s deleted post (of similar style, but briefer than his current one)

yunki
    Free Member

The breadheads are really getting into this now eh? The braying, the braying

😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Agree with this, but I’m yet to hear of a convincing alternative

We could just make what we have fairer. I also like the way folk go actually no I wont try to defend this what I will do instead is say everything else is worse. TBH if you cannot defend what you believe in even you can see the weaknesses I have mentioned

Thought not.
    FFS this again I posted a video on this where Hislop laughs at just how stupid the point is
    Once more
    Its possible to dislike the excesses of capitalism [ the pictures- do you like this or something?]and suggest we can have a fairer world without me [ or anyone else] having to return to a cave, live like a hunter gatherer using only the barter system and weaving hessian sacks.
    Its a risible point made as its easeier to do this than attack what i said.
    Has anyone actually tried to defend the status quo rather than just attack me?
    Not one has even the “supporters” dont want to argue this is fair or reasonable or morally defensible. Despite this you still lash out at me.

I can tell you for certain Junky that they will not be able to differentiate between you (or Yunki) and that lambo owner.

Been there, done that got the T- Shirt. Indeed they wont and we are all swimming in wealth compared to them. You can still differentiate between me and Bill Gates though and me and Duke of Westminster and roman Abromavich etc and so could they with a little education. However obviously the west if very rich in comparison

Junkyard
    Free Member

I could not even work out if it was aimed at me but I have certainly been belittled on this thread.
    As to whether he thinks I am a **** I hope not and I doubt it.

wrecker
    Free Member

I also like the way folk go actually no I wont try to defend this what I will do instead is say everything else is worse.

That’s not what I said though. I said that the only alternative we have seen has failed pretty much everywhere it was tried. I didn’t say everything else is worse because I don’t know what else there is!

*my deleted comment was aimed at nickc as was the undeleted one.

Junkyard
    Free Member

That was not really aimed at you as I retyped it after typing my reply
    Its obvioulsy very unclear

I will break with tradition here 😉

Sorry for that bit a sit was general and not specfic

LHS
    Free Member

🙄

Rorschach
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

In light of how you have expounded on your argument and defeated me with the full force of your logic and reasoning powers I retract my objections

You keep playing the man there eh 😕

LHS
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong, I get it. Well, I get your point of view – not your problem right? As long as there are evil wealthy people in the world to point the finger out you will always have the finger to point at.

It’s just a bit tiring to be honest. A bit like the, what’s the point in voting perspective, what can little ole me do to change the system. Desktop pontification at its best i guess.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Thanks for once again explaining/defending your view by making no reference to your own point nor trying to defend it and instead just attacking my view by creating a false explanation of my argument 🙄

Lets hope a straw men argument is better at negating my argument than your ad homs 😕

LHS
    Free Member

Not attacking your view, summarising it.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Out of interest (and not to start another argument) do people think it is ok to spend money on a nice house? Say for example a single bloke decided to move out of his one bedroom flat into a nice 3 bed detached with garden and garage. HIs circumstances haven’t changed, still single, he just wanted something nicer.

The new place cost 100k more than the old place…

Is there really a difference in spending money on that and buying a nice car ? Both unnessecary luxury…the later could even be seen to deprive another family of suitable housing.

yunki
    Free Member

To use that argument, as yunki appears to do, to approve of one spoilt brat abusing the property of an even more spoilt brat as some sort of social statement is naive in the extreme when looked at in a global context.

I just think it’s sad that according to some here we can’t mock excess.. saying that, I’m very glad that outside of the internet in the physical world this tradition is very much alive and well and can be witnessed outside my local pub on a daily basis 🙂

ads678

Crikey! 6 pages of this came from someone riding over a car.

We need another wheel size thread….

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 209 total)

The topic ‘have we done Lamborghini bunnyhop?’ is closed to new replies.