Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 209 total)
  • have we done Lamborghini bunnyhop?
  • zero-cool
    Free Member

I’ll only condone this if he was a- parked in a cycle lane. Otherwise it’s just just vandalism.

Personally I think there’s a good chance that the car belonged to him or someone he knew and got permission first. Especially as he filmed it so now the evidence is all over the Internet.

If it was my car I’d be pissed, so to not car about someone else’s is a bit hypocritical

Tom kp

loddrik
    Free Member

Counter culture meets conspicuous consumption.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think we are-[ discussing vandalism] unless you think riding over a car can’t damage it

Well anything can damage anything as the what thing can you not kill someone thread showed. However in this case their is no damage so we cannot really discuss it can we. Even if the car had been damaged I think it would have been criminal damage rather than vandalism IANAL but I did give a definition of vandalism and i dont think it applies here

Because it’s just damaging someone elses property for the sole reason of showing off.

The property was not damaged and the owner does not care. I think that not the sole reason either. Given almost every MTB rides “cheeky” at some point that is another odd point to make as many of us are guilty of damaging other peoples things with our tyres.

If it was a video of some yoofs throwing a brick through house window for shits and giggles people would be upset too

That is true. If it was something completely different folk would indeed be reacting in a totally different manner.

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybNI0KB1bg[/video]

yunki
    Free Member

I’m not bitter (I did try smack once though.. putrid stuff) I’m just surprised how many people are all upset about some rich ponces car..

either there are more rich ponces and wannabe rich ponces on here than I thought, or some of you have forgotten how to have a bit of pride in where you come from..
    I enjoy being povvo.. but if I were wealthy i wouldn’t be spending my money on silly expensive cars

I’m honestly surprised on your moral attitudes towards wealth

pretty sickened really

jimjam
    Free Member

Junkyard

Because it’s just damaging someone elses property for the sole reason of showing off.

The property was not damaged and the owner does not care.

There is absolutely no way, no chance in hell the rider could have known the car would be undamaged. And it must be one hell of a shabby car, or has incredibly durable paint/lacquer to not be marked in some way.

I think that not the sole reason either.

So, other than showing off, what other reason is there? Why the camera? His personal pleasure? That’s a fair justification is it?.

That is true. If it was something completely different folk would indeed be reacting in a totally different manner.

I guess analogies bounce off some people like a Bmx off a Lamborghini.

wrecker
    Free Member

(I did try smack once though.. putrid stuff)

Never tried it but have been there when people have. It smells like a mixture of melting plastic and fish. I can’t think of many things which smell worse (close thing with a bad shit).

Anyhoo, it’s not cool to ride bikes on peoples cars, or faces or children or mobile phones or ring binders. Don’t ride on peoples stuffs (unless it’s singletrack……then **** ’em)

pretty sickened really

That’s just weird.

midlifecrashes

Came here hoping to see vid of someone bunnyhopping over Lambo, preferably at 150mph+, not some tosser messing up a nice car.

If it’s just hopping up onto a car this is more fun.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM9Eh2uQ7Ek[/video]

MSP

How do those who think the rider should be beaten to death, view the work of banksy?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Should have done a tail whip as he came off the front.. then id have been impressed

midlifecrashes

Not in the beating to death camp, but aside from being hackneyed sixth form political humour, poorly executed, Banksy is fine with me only if he got the permission of the building owner and any necessary planning consents.

jools182
    Free Member

It’s couldn’t care less

COULDN’T

and breathe…

griffiths1000
    Free Member

At least he didn’t try and drive hid car over the bike stunt

DezB
    Free Member

Would it be ok to be enraged…

No, I don’t think it would. Unless it was definitely a real video of your own car getting actually damaged, then I can’t see any possible reason for enragement.
    A car’s a car’s a car.

It’s couldn’t care less

COULDN’T
    I already said that. 😛

tpbiker
    Free Member

pretty sickened really

Are you genuinely sickened that people think its wrong to damage other peoples nice things, or are you on the wind up.

You are either a great troll, or a very odd/bitter individual.

ps…Do you have a nice bike? Something you’ve bought for enjoyment that you can afford but don’t really need? If you do do you mind if I come round and damage it…you know…for a laugh like.

wrecker
    Free Member

You are either a great troll, or a very odd/bitter individual.

I think it’s semi trolling. Yunki is full on, but he’s a bit more pragmatic than his comments here would suggest(usually :D)

Junkyard
    Free Member

There is absolutely no way, no chance in hell the rider could have known the car would be undamaged

I agree but this does not make your original claim that the car was damaged true. You are attempting to move the goalposts here.
    So we are guessing at reasons for why they did it and that is the only reason you can come up with ? If only your reasons were as imaginative as your analogies 😉 How about he thought it would be fun? he wanted to know if he could. He did it for a bet. he was dared to do it.

I guess analogies bounce off some people like a Bmx of a Lamborghini.

😆 Amusing though that is as a reply its still not a good analogy ; its comparing chalk with cheese.

griffiths1000
    Free Member

Maybe it was the Lambo owner that took the vid? 🙄

yunki
    Free Member

Wrecker is right.. but the point I’m making is this

In the run up to the election should we be blinded by a person’s right to excess?

Should we be sacrificing our own rights as citizens so that the few can exploit the many.. it seems that there’s a coupla people here that think it’s ok.. why do you think it’s ok for some to have excessive wealth? seriously

I’m really not jealous, if I approved of excessive wealth I would very likely be whingeing on about people’s right to expect their exuberant property to be considered sacred..

The question I asked at the start of the thread was where do we draw the line?
    When is someone’s personal wealth unacceptable?

Why do we protect these people?

(I may vote Tory BTW.. just cos they have us on an even keel, and it’s a slow steady recovery)

convert

In the run up to the election should we be blinded by a person’s right to excess?

Should we be sacrificing our own rights as citizens so that the few can exploit the many.. it seems that there’s a coupla people here that think it’s ok.. why do you think it’s ok for some to have excessive wealth? seriously

I’m really not jealous, if I approved of excessive wealth I would very likely be whingeing on about people’s right to expect their exuberant property to be considered sacred..

The question I asked at the start of the thread was where do we draw the line?
    When is someone’s personal wealth unacceptable?

Why do we protect these people?

With respect, you are making a crap point or rather one that is irrelevant in this situation.

There maybe well be a debate to be had about how much society should tolerate significant differences in wealth but I really can’t see why you feel this vid sparks that debate. All I see is one person (apparently) being disrespectful of another persons property for shits and giggles. I’m afraid I am blind to the value of the car – it’s just a nice shape to ride over. There is no deeper point being made here, it’s just a young lad acting like a knob.

Anyone who thought riding over someones car was a way to land an intelligent cultural point has lost the argument before it has begun.

matt_outandabout

It is play. Deep play at that. /end

yunki
    Free Member

There is no deeper point being made here,

It would seem to have sparked a deeper debate though

I thought people would laugh.. but it’s all ‘don’t touch my stuff, stuff is sacred.. stuff stuff stuff, it’s a wealthy persons stuff too, how very dare he’

Your grandfathers would be turning in their graves

Junkyard
    Free Member

I may vote Tory BTW.

Adds name to the list

nickc

well, I lol’ed, not my car, owner doesn’t mind. No harm done.

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPPvkhGZT7Y[/video]

yunki
    Free Member

I’m voting for you really JY 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

Look at what you’ve done yunki you naughty chap.

nickc

my understanding is that the US “could” is supposed to be ironic.

Duggan

I can’t help but feel that the owner of the car doesn’t really have much choice about saying that he “could care less”.

Maybe it’s true, but equally he may have realised that any other response would only ensure that the video and the whole saga went even more viral, no doubt with people like Yunki rubbing their hands with glee at his displeasure, had he expressed it.

Any normal person who doesn’t fancy his mug being forwarded around the world wide web for the next fortnight would choose to say they don’t care.

duckman

Your grandfathers would be turning in their graves

Says who?

B.T.Getty.

On a serious note,if the Lamborghini owner wasn’t in on it,I am a pro union Labour voter. BUT,whats the difference between the people running over cars as described and this guy riding over one?

duckman

Double post

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am a pro union

Scurries off to SNP/ independence threads with this news 😉

scaredypants

duckman – Member
    Double post

**** show-off ! I hope your ostentatious second post gets poo rubbed all over it

duckman

**** show-off ! I hope your ostentatious second post gets poo rubbed all over it

My Gentleman’s Gentleman would arrange the removal.

JY; I would suggest that I have produced a significant enough body of evidence on here to refute such an allegation

jimjam
    Free Member

For some context, the Lamborghini in the video looks to be a standard 2002ish Murcielago. You might get one for £60k-£70k these days, depending on milage and how many BMXs have ridden over it.

So while the owner might be an billionaire, he might just be someone who has worked hard to buy a car he really likes. Judging by some of the car threads, there are a lot of people on STW who have cars worth a lot more.

Harry_the_Spider

If he can afford a Lambo he can afford to have the scrote who damaged it “disappeared” without a trace.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

he might just be someone who has worked hard to buy a car he really likes.

Aspirational git. He should accept a place on the waiting list for a Trabant like everyone else.

cookeaa

damaging someone elses property for the sole reason of showing off

Playing the owner at his own game IMO:

“I always park it out front, and I sit outside and eat my dinner and look at my car. And I watch hundreds and hundreds of people take pictures of it,”

Who’s the **** show off?

BMXers have been riding over parked cars in their videos for years, normally cheap ones of course, this only get attention because, It happens to be the blingy property of one of the West’s “top 5%”…

It is just a car, expensive but still just an object, I think the disproportionate response’s tell more of a tale about how we’re going wrong as a society and have been for maybe the last 60 or so years, people are that caught up in worshiping motor vehicles and other displays of wealth/status they seem to value them above all other things, and in the process lose all perspective you would really hit someone over a mark on your Audi?

Doesn’t Parking a quarter of a million Quid’s worth of motor on the street during a time of recession and austerity seem a little crass. Just letting everyone see how well you are doing is fantastic, could have employed ten people for a year, invested in the community or found something more positive to do with the money but no he bought a fancy Italian tractor to ponce to the local café in. And tradically half you lot cleary admire such conspicuous consumption…

Riding over it is about the best bit of succinct, social commentary you could hope for… As I’m sure it was intended to be.

tpbiker
    Free Member

For some context, the Lamborghini in the video looks to be a standard 2002ish Murcielago. You might get one for £60k-£70k these days

which to me isn’t any more obscene than shelling out 7k on a pushbike. How come the lefties on here aren’t up in arms every time dirtybiker (for example) publishes a picture of his 2 obscenely expensive (and admittedly lovely) santa cruzs..same principle IMO, ie people spending the money they’ve earned on stuff they like.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Riding over it is about the best bit of succinct, social commentary you could hope for

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 209 total)

The topic ‘have we done Lamborghini bunnyhop?’ is closed to new replies.