Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 209 total)
  • have we done Lamborghini bunnyhop?
  • lemonysam
    Free Member

Aye, looks fake. No movement in the car and the line was so smooth, even though it was ridden on a bmx.

Plus someone stood perfectly in front of the car to cover up any editing issues.

jimjam
    Free Member

rickmeister – Member

I call fake fakety fake fake…

Not a millimeter of movement on the car …

As fake as a politicians promise.

cokie – Member

Aye, looks fake. No movement in the car and the line was so smooth, even though it was ridden on a bmx.

The car clearly does move, twice. A 650bhp supercar will have much stiffer suspension than your Mondeo/Passat/A4 etc.

However, I think there’s maybe an element of setup to it. Some of these BMXers move in funny circles, maybe it’s a friends car. It would be strange to pull off an audacious stunt like this and then share it online and risk getting done for criminal damage unless you were sure the owner was okay with it.

Rockplough
    Free Member

It’s nothing to do with it being a car, or how much it costs. It’s the fact it belongs to somebody else.

So you’re saying both the nature of the thing and its material value are irrelevant. Mere ownership justifies these ‘beat him to a pulp’ responses?

I reckon the owner sees the car for what it is, whereas all the keyboard warriors are foaming at the mouth seeing a BMXer riding a bike (with more skillz than them, how dare he!) over their fantasies/aspirations and must be stopped at all costs.

rOcKeTdOg

vulgar display of wealth and power should be a subject of derision.. where’s your backbones

Jealousy or trolling, I know not which but both tell a lot about the OP

Junkyard
    Free Member

Disrespecting people’s property is a problem imo whether or not the individual cares

The argument is
    You cannot do that its disrespecting his property
    OWNER: its ok I dont care
    Reply: well it still ok for me to be annoyed about it
    This is not the most sensible argument i will see.
    Its STW I am sure we will debate it for pages.

Yes njee you were really polite in your responses and you spoke like a diplomat 😕

andyl
    Free Member

I am thinking wooden ramp and a green screen superimposed onto the lambo video.

Composite panels should be a lot better than metal ones and not getting damaged but still a shitty thing to do if the lambo owner is completely unknown to the people doing the stunt. Amusing if the owner is in on it and it’s a prank on the people passing by and in the restaurant.

Actually looking at it again, maybe the lambo is superimposed.

But the back end does go down when he lands on it.

jimjam
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

Disrespecting people’s property is a problem imo whether or not the individual cares

The argument is
    Its STW I am sure we will debate it for pages.

Yes njee you were really polite in your responses and you spoke like a diplomat

Some online sources say there is criminal investigation underway, and that the owner is awaiting estimates for repairs.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus
    So Njee is more upset about this than he is

Do we actually have a source for the owners’ apparent laissez-faire attitude?

Rockplough
    Free Member
    Northwind

Junkyard – lazarus

The argument is

The point about vandalism isn’t really whether it annoys the owner, it’s a social offence. So it’s “riding over cars” rather than “riding over this particular car”

Now I reckon this is 100% setup personally but even that’s pretty troublesome, if people take the message “riding over cars is cool, let’s do it and put it on the internet”

Junkyard
    Free Member

We are not discussing vandalism

Vandalism is the ruthless destruction or spoiling of anything beautiful or venerable. The term also includes criminal damage such as graffiti and defacement directed towards any property without permission of the owner

I suspect , if it was an offence, it is criminal damage. However it appears nothing was damaged and the owner does not care.

I dont disagree re vandalism

yunki
    Free Member

Heh.. There’s some sad aspirational folk about isn’t there?

Why would I be jealous of that sort mind

Harry_the_Spider

That’s a bit numb no matter what the car is.

If it is real and he’s damaged it will somebody post a video of him forking out for the repair? That I’d like to see.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Surely if he wasn’t bothered he couldn’t care less? By being able to care less you have to care in the first place.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Surely if he wasn’t bothered he couldn’t care less? By being able to care less you have to care in the first place.

Yup. Americans.

hooli

It’s nothing to do with it being a car, or how much it costs. It’s the fact it belongs to somebody else

Exactly, just because the owner doesn’t mind doesn’t make it OK. What if he did mind and it caused thousands in damage? Its not like the BMX rider asked first.

Its like me burgling a house and then saying it is OK because the owner didn’t mind and had more money than me anyway…which is essentially what this is about.

njee20
    Free Member

Agree with Mister P, is that an Americanism or Sommat?

Heh.. There’s some sad aspirational folk about isn’t there?

You seem to be the only one bringing the value of the car into it…?

jools182
    Free Member

Some total knob walked over my mx5 about 6 months ago

Dented the bonnet and boot

Even now I’m annoyed about it and I’d like to use his head to try and fix the dents

Junkyard
    Free Member

Exactly, just because the owner doesn’t mind doesn’t make it OK.

WRONG. Its their vehicle and they get to decide.Its somewhat ironic that folk are telling us he has no right to ride the bike over the car as its not his but we have the right to be annoyed even tough its not ours.

as for analogy , given there was no damage or loss, its more like someone rides on someone else land and and the owner does not care but you think its outrageous.

We really need a help file on analogies for this place.

njee20
    Free Member

Tyre mark on the windscreen, which will come off. Like graffiti.

LHS
    Free Member

Shortly after I bought my very first car (a lovely 1275GT mini) a local lad decided it would be funny to run down the street i parked on over the tops of all the cars – 16 cars with dents in the roofs, bonnets etc.

We all knew who it was as did the police and i am pretty sure his parents but the response from him and his parents was pretty much tough sh*t, you can’t prove anything so F off and laughed in our face. (they were a nice family).

Exactly 4 weeks later he did the same thing, only this time he managed to step through the sunroof of a very old flimsy renault 21, severing his achilles and tearing his shin open in the process which required skin grafts and took about 12 months for him to be able to walk properly again. On top of that he got arrested for criminal damage to the 6 cars he had dented prior to disappearing through the sunroof.

Man how we all laughed.

edlong
    Free Member

Some online sources say there is criminal investigation underway, and that the owner is awaiting estimates for repairs.

“some online sources” say just about anything you can imagine (and a few you probably can’t).

Look at just about anything jivehoneyjive has ever linked to…

andyl
    Free Member

Rockplough – Member
    “I could care less”

Fair play to the guy. Obviously got a lot of money but not going to get all angry over something like this.

End of the whole incident really. Lambo stood up well.

hooli

WRONG. Its their vehicle and they get to decide.Its somewhat ironic that folk are telling us he has no right to ride the bike over the car as its not his but we have the right to be annoyed even tough its not ours.
    as for analogy , given there was no damage or loss, its more like someone rides on someone else land and and the owner does not care but you think its outrageous.

We really need a help file on analogies for this place.

So the lambo owner was asked first then? and the BMXer knew beyond any doubt that it would not cause any damage? and if it did cause damage, would he have paid to have it fixed?

If I ride across private land, I can be sure it wont cause any damage or I wouldn’t do it.

Lets try a different example, if your bike is on the ground outside a cafe and I walk on it, would you get angry or not?

tpbiker
    Free Member

Perhaps if the OP had spend less time when he was younger on smack and more time actually working then he wouldn’t be so bitter about people having nice stuff….

Jealousy is a very nasty trait…

TheFlyingOx

For starters, the rear of the car clearly dips as the young scamp lands his bike. Not as much as your average Golf might dip, but then your average Golf wasn’t designed with 1G-plus lateral corners in mind. So that puts the “fake because no movement” argument to bed. It’s might be a set up fake, but not a CGI fake.

Secondly,

The argument is

That’s a pretty single-minded view of the situation. Yes, so this particular owner “could care less”. But what if that leads BMXer to the mindset of “well, owner of this expensive exotica is fine with me using it as a personal stunt track, so surely owner of this $5000 Buick won’t mind either”.

It’s about how the actions/opinions of one can affect – positively or negatively – the actions of another.

lemonysam
    Free Member

but not a CGI fake.

Are you saying that computers can’t make cars look like they wobble a bit?

jimjam
    Free Member

lemonysam – Member

but not a CGI fake.

Are you saying that computers can’t make cars look like they wobble a bit?

No, others have said it’s fake because the car doesn’t move. He’s saying the car does move, and very convincingly. If it’s a computer generated fake it’s incredibly elaborate and not something you could knock up in After Effects over the weekend. Not to that standard.

The thing that’s convincing me it’s not fake (still could be staged) is the fact that you can’t see any odd pixels or aberations as people walk past the car or the camera. It’s very hard to key these out perfectly even in ideal situations unless you have very good equipment and a lot of time on your hands.

To fake this someone would need a very good camera, very good chroma keying software, something like a light sphere or maybe a Spheron VR camera to capture light for rendering the car, some decent 3d modelling and rendering software…….it’s not simple. And then they’d have to downgrade to look as if it was shot on the hoof on a basic camera, and they’d need 7 or 8 bystanders to act surprised. It could be done, but it’s a lot of work. It would be quicker and cheaper to do it for real.

Northwind

Junkyard – lazarus

We are not discussing vandalism

I think we are- unless you think riding over a car can’t damage it

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

There are some very weird attitudes on here.

So, to some people, its ok to do this because its a Lambo, it’s expensive and a show of wealth is disgusting.

OK, so where is the line? I had a real beautiful Alfa Romeo – I loved that car and before I had kids it was my one big extravagance – it didn’t mean I was loaded, I worked hard for it.
    So, its a nice, expensive car, is it therefore OK for someone to ride a bike over it? Or is it not expensive enough?
    What about my mates Porsche purchased with the cash from the sale of the business he built from scratch, is that expensive enough to warrant damaging?

convert

Would this be a reasonable time to declare that there is a bloke in his thirties by now that probably talks about an octave higher than would be considered normal after electing to run over the top of my car (with me sat in it) 10 years or so ago and getting a boot in the nuts for his troubles. Rough justice, swiftly applied. Happy to be flamed.

No idea if this is a set up, don’t care if the owner cares or not, don’t really care if this car is overtly ostentatious – in the real world the abuse or damage of other people’s property puts you down in society’s gutter with fly tippers in my opinion.

martinhutch

It’s good fortune for the lad involved that there is no damage and the owner is pretty laid back. Most wouldn’t be. Perhaps he knew that already, but I’m guessing he did it in the full expectation that the owner would be mightily pissed off, and probably looking forward to that reaction.

I think we can still make a whatever judgement we like about the type of lad who would do this, regardless or not of whether his stunt had the intended consequence.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Nice. You assault someone for putting some footprints on your ‘pride and joy’ and he’s in society’s gutter.

Hopefully someday you won’t be on the receiving end of ‘rough justice’ from some idiot who decides you’re lower than him for some stupid reason.

jimjam
    Free Member

convert – Member

Would this be a reasonable time to declare that there is a bloke in his thirties by now that probably talks about an octave higher than would be considered normal after electing to run over the top of my car (with me sat in it) 10 years or so ago and getting a boot in the nuts for his troubles. Rough justice, swiftly applied. Happy to be flamed.

Sounds about right. If Josh Navarro….

rode his bike over my car the least he would get would be a kick in the balls.

Rockplough – Member

Nice. You assault someone for putting some footprints on your ‘pride and joy’ and he’s in society’s gutter.

So where would you draw the line and actually do something other than bleat? Someone damages your property do you stand idly by? If they start rifling through your pockets do you let them?

njee20
    Free Member

Hopefully someday you won’t be on the receiving end of ‘rough justice’ from some idiot who decides you’re lower than him for some stupid reason.

Yes, because I can only think that the poor hard done by fellow thought that everyone would applaud his athletic prowess as he leapt like a gazelle over everyone’s property.

I don’t condone it, but it’s hardly “a stupid reason”.

scottfitz
    Free Member

in the real world the abuse or damage of other people’s property puts you down in society’s gutter with fly tippers in my opinion.

Have you ever ridden on a footpath?

DezB
    Free Member

“I could care less. My Lamborghinis are my day cars. I like them,” Howard said.

He said other than a tire mark down the windshield, the car wasn’t damaged.

So why are people who will never own a Lamborghini getting so upset? Bizarre.

Anyway if you “could care less” then you do care. Thick, rich pillock. 😆

jimjam
    Free Member

DezB

So why are people who will never own a Lamborghini getting so upset? Bizarre.

Because it’s just damaging someone elses property for the sole reason of showing off. If it was a video of some yoofs throwing a brick through house window for shits and giggles people would be upset too.

Rorschach
    Free Member

damaging someone elses property for the sole reason of showing off

That pretty much sums up riding street… with a bit of bonus trespassing thrown in for free.A lot more damage gets done to buildings/architecture on a daily basis (even with plastic pegs).

tpbiker
    Free Member

So why are people who will never own a Lamborghini getting so upset?

So whats the cut off point for how expensive a car is before its ok to think this isn’t on? Would it be ok to be enraged if someone did this to a 40k audi as thats what you deem a suitable amount to spend on a car?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 209 total)

The topic ‘have we done Lamborghini bunnyhop?’ is closed to new replies.