Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 306 total)
  • Has STW suddenly become a lot more polarised?
  • RealMan
    Free Member

LOL.

Why didn’t you just say you wouldn’t invite them to your birthday party if they didn’t let you back on?

Houns

T-Rar

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Where did you hope it would go?

Do you genuinlely think i din’t know? 😉 I had hoped there might be a bit of intelligent discussion on how people can become so polarised in a society we all live in together, but there you go. Maybe I was asking too intellectually demanding a question for this time of night…..

best form of defence that fred………………..retreat.

Nope, just bored of the nonsense now Ton, aren’t you?

Looking forward to having a pint with you next weekend though, big man! 8)

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

With all the animosity, are any of you face to face friends (Ton/Elfin) or is it just about who’s got the biggest dick in the playground? As someone who enjoys the banter on here and expects a response you should re-read this thread and realise what a set of little bitches you’re coming across as

Houns

I’ve met TJ a few times and i like him a lot, top bloke (though he may not say the same for me 😕 )

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ben; I know a load of people off here, and regularly go for rides, beers etc with them.

In fact, should be seeing a load of them at BigBikeBash next weekend, and going to be seeing at least a few in North Wales in a few weeks time.

I hate every single one of them with a passion! 😡 😆

You think this is bayd? You wanna see what it’s like when we really do meet up! 😯

donsimon
    Free Member

So people who don’t share they same view point as you are unintelligent?

Again, where did I say that?

Right here I think.

I had hoped there might be a bit of intelligent discussion on how people can become so polarised in a society we all live in together, but there you go. Maybe I was asking too intellectually demanding a question for this time of night…..

😕

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Any of you in Leeds?

ton

ben…………if is all good natured. dont be worried. 😆

fred…….i might even buy you a pint, you never know your luck. 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

and pie?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Right here I think.

Come on Don…. 😉

and pie?

Ooh! Fish Pie??

Houns

The tagger forgot that i like my cake too 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

As a point of order, have Fred and Tandem thought that they might be a part of the problem and not part of the solution?

CHB

I am from Leeds and mates with Ton, top bloke and buys a great pint.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ta houns.

this quote from earlier in the thread made me think a bit.

Maybe that’s it… understandable has become confused with acceptable. Once the anger has died down I guess people will revert to their normal selves

I think that runs both ways. perspective and agreeing to disagree will return I am sure

Its one of the delights of here is meeting folk you never would normally know – folk of totally different world views.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

don simon – Member
    As a point of order, have Fred and Tandem thought that they might be a part of the problem and not part of the solution?

Of course they have not. They are totally convinced that their opinion is the only one which is right and allowable.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If Ton and Fred meet we need pics!

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Still no sign of any of these intolerant, racist posts TJ?

Houns

Of course they aren’t don 🙄 😆

Right, you can’t post that comment so near my bed time, teddy needs a cuddle

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Can someone just tag me already? I’ve got important work to do…

hilldodger
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

If Ton and Fred meet we need pics!

especially if any ‘northern sumo’ is involved

donsimon
    Free Member

Of course they have not. They are totally convinced that their opinion is the only one which is right and allowable.

My mistake. 😳

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hilldodger, I’d pay decent money to see Ton unleash some Northern Sumo on Mini-TJ.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

TJ my life is far more important than going through crap on this forum, evidently yours isn’t so I’ll let you go through everyone of his posts and provide evidence to prove me wrong

when ever i come t this forum TJ is always hear why, i bet he dont even own a bike,

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

CHB- we do night rides out of Gledhow Valley woods every week, 20 mile+ then beer and chicken wings at a pub whos name I forget (real ale place out of Chapel Allerton), couple of weeks off at the mo with road training for Kielder but drop us a line if you fancy it

Houns

He owns a couple. I like riding with him, plenty of rest stops whilst he has a fag

hilldodger
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Hilldodger, I’d pay decent money to see Ton unleash some Northern Sumo on Mini-TJ.

me too 😆

:chucks a nifty into the sumo kitty:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Houns – Member
    He owns a couple. I like riding with him, plenty of rest stops whilst he has a fag

Homophobic! Why can’t he express his sexuality as he sees fit?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

stopped smoking houns. Pie stops now instead.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

he has a fag

he smokes, thought that wasnt PC these days…

Houns

😯

Pie and beer stops? We must ride again soon

*sniggers @ CFH*

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Actually, I have considered the fact that some folk seem to get a bit wound up by what I post on here, so I have reigned it in somewhat. And believe me, I am on a very short leash as far as the mods are concerned, so I can’t be anywhere near as ‘offensive’ as others. In Real Life, you’d hear far, far worse than anything I post on here. 😳

As for getting banned: According to the mods, this happenz becoz I am complained about a lot, so they get fed up, and just ban me to save the hassle of dealing with all the complaints. Fair enough. But tbh, I jolly well have not actually broken any rules (not deliberately anyway), certainly not to anywhere near the extent others have.

I accept what I post winds people up. Tbh, that’s rarely the intention, but I spose I have certain views some find a bit much for their sensibilities. Ah well.

I do think some have got into a ‘report anything Elf sez’ frame of mind, but what can I do about that? It’s an internet forum; some folk will say stuff you don’t agree with. I prefer to challenge them rather than go running to teacher, but there you go.

Anyway this was about polarisation and in the short term at least, this seems to have happened. I think it’ll settle down again eventually, but as has bin seen tonight, some will continue to bear grudges.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

We must ride again soon

Houns, well done for coming out. Good for you!

CHB

Ben, cheers. Would need to get my BMI into the lower 50% on the forum if going out with training bods. Do you organise on any particular site/forum?

Sorry to hijack the bickering and bigotry, we dont seem to have the riots in Leeds so had to content ourselves with Lancastrians and Southerners battering each other.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ilovemygears – Member

when ever i come t this forum TJ is always hear why, i bet he dont even own a bike,

ilovemygears, do you genuinely have learning difficulties, or do you just put on for sympathy ?

I think I ought to know, because I wouldn’t want to be so callous as to have a pop at someone who’s got some issues.

donsimon
    Free Member

I accept what I post winds people up. Tbh, that’s rarely the intention, but I spose I have certain views some find a bit much for their sensibilities. Ah well.

I do think some have got into a ‘report anything Elf sez’ frame of mind, but what can I do about that? It;’s an internet forum; some folk will say stuff you don’t agree with. I prefer to challenge them rather than go running to teacher, but there you go.
    There might be a connection here, just a thought, now you’re the intelligent one. 😉

Houns

I’ve never hidden my riding preferences Captain

Houns

Fred if you are truly innocent as you make out, read every post that you type before you post it and ask yourself “Is that condescending or not?” Then adjust your post as needed

You may find you may win a few more ‘friends’ on here

hth

Edit (of course we are unintelligent so we believe you are naïve 😉 )

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Houns; in fairness, you might want to apply the same thought to your own posts, speshly some of those directed towards me tonight.

Because they are a bit rude tbh.

I’m not particularly bothered, but now we’re all being calmer and less antagonistic, I have to say that there are a number of people who I call my ‘fan club’, who, regardless of what I post, will pop up to have a sly dig at me, try to wind me up, get me banned, etc. Hence the condescending reaction from me. If you try to insult me, then it’s game on, as far as I’m concerned. Notice though, that I never resort to direct personal abuse. No need for that.

But the continued hostility, well, that’s just boring, as ultimately I think most folk on here would get on ok in Real Life.

Look how childish TJ is being below. 🙄

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

twhunnnerd!

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 306 total)

The topic ‘Has STW suddenly become a lot more polarised?’ is closed to new replies.