Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Hardtail recommendations?
  • WildHunter2009

Cotic BFe here, awesome bike. Monstrously capable but also perfectly fine bumbling around.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I have the alu chameleon. It’s very easy to flick about and with 120mm forks wants to jump and pop off everything. It climbs well and doesn’t seem to beat me up around Degla like I’ve experienced in the past with ht bikes there. The reach is spot on, I’m 511 and it’s a large with either plus 27.5 or plus 29er wheels. Very versatile and above all a fun bike to ride.

muddylegs
    Free Member

Bird! But then I’m bias, have a TR and have hardly touched my fs since getting the TR

poah
    Free Member

With a hardtail buy the bike with the frame geo you want over a particular brand.

stevedoc
    Free Member

I ride a large G160 and managed to get a 905 in xl as my n+1 tbh ive used the 160 twice in the last 3.5 months … the 905 is brilliant ..

tchburn
    Free Member

Stick with what you know, Whyte’s are superb. I lean more towards hardtails and their 900 series are superb. 909 if you have the cash but the 901 is just lovely. Point it downhill and it just goes.

binman

Also a T130 CRS rider and added a hardtail for similar reasons and and a couple more… Was looking for a 905 ended up with a 2018 Crush, so I could swap wheels (and it was on offer, just over £1k, meaning I had some cash to tweak it). Really happy with it.

Paul

slackalice
    Free Member

Well this thread has got me looking at possible replacements to my Salsa A La Carte 26” ht… thanks for that! 😉

Personally, I like the skinny steel look and feel and have discovered the Sanderson Town Crier, which rather looks like a modern equivalent to my current ht, with 27.5” wheels, 120mm fork, tapered head tube and what seems like a total bargain at £299 new!

Except I’ll need wheels and a fork…

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Hardtail recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.