Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • Hambini.. what a dispicible individual
  • ayjaydoubleyou

what I find most odd is that someone who can do some fairly extensive internet research into this car and its owner, is quite incapable of putting in the 2 minutes that would tell him this…

And, he’s wrong – a dodgy plate wouldn’t invalidate your insurance unless a claim came up in some way related to the plate.

And by odd, I dont mean unlikely, just that it is what puts him in the ranting red faced moron category in my mind.

poly
    Free Member

insults like Incel around are

Incel is not an insult (any more than calling someone a racist or a bigot is). It’s even made it to the courts as a motivation for attacks:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52733060
    https://www.scotsman.com/news/crime/i-do-want-carry-out-mass-shooting-what-edinburgh-incel-terror-accused-told-psychiatrist-3067021

wobbliscott
    Free Member

To be fair to Hambini he’s married with kids so the Incel thing is not applicable. I think his issues are more fundamental than that. Being an engineer myself and having come up from an Apprenticeship and shop floor, I recognise some of the ‘humour’ and behaviours he displays which is probably why I can watch him and compartmentalise his behaviours and ignore the crap. From my days on the shop floor surrounded by older men with many chips on their shoulders who think the world has it in for them and they are victims of just about everything that has held them down in their positions on the shop floor, I recognise the abusive and aggressive style that is supposedly done ‘in jest’, but really just serves to create a complex hirachy through fear of being the focus of the abusive ‘jokes’ and becoming the ‘bitch’ of the factory floor. As a youth I just grinned and bared it and cracked on ploughing my own furrow refusing to be dragged down into their culture. It didn’t bother me because I knew that wasn’t my future and I had a way out, but if that was my future I suspect I’d probably have been dragged down by it and would be a very different person today than I am. I did enough playing along to not be noticed and risk becoming a subject of their abuse just to get through my 5 year apprenticeship, and was glad to be free from that ‘bully or be bullied’ environment.

Maybe Hambini has been too long in that environment and has not learned to adjusted his behaviour to suit the outside world. I have no idea how he behaves in the real world if you were face to face with him. Has to be very different or he would have been beaten up alot. He’s probably like a pussy cat and maybe is the bitch of the factory floor in his working environment, which is why he’s so aggressive and abusive on the internet because he gets a sense of status from dishing it out to others.

Best to let people like this not bother you and crack on. The internet is all of them. They’re like ants, you might get rid of a few, but there are millions just like them so you’re not even scratching the surface.

vinnyeh

.sorry wobbliscott, but in the light of the op’s link that ‘live and let live’ attitude sucks, in my opinion. My thoughts won’t change anyone’s mind, but Hambini’s comments are beyond the pale.

SkillWill
    Free Member

I know Maurice and Michelle from work / member of the same club / racing etc. and they are friendly, open, helpful cycling enthusiasts who used to give a lot of their time to helping out with club events (TT secretary etc.). I don’t know what perceived slight or grief this guy has but this kind of attack is way out of proportion and would imagine is extremely upsetting and unpleasant to be on the receiving end of.

darthpunk
    Free Member

Having never heard of this guy, i get the impression that he was once knocked back by the object of his rage?

poly
    Free Member

To be fair to Hambini he’s married with kids so the Incel thing is not applicable.

Probably want to check the meaning of celibate then – plenty of married men with kids who would tell you that their celibacy is not voluntary! I don’t think that fitting the attributes of “incel” are actually anything to do with your sex life (and in that regard its an unfortunate label) – rather its a mentality where (mostly men) have progressively extreme views than society is against them and attractive women are the problem – and the more outrageous your comments the more attention you get. In that sense the Katie Hopkins analogy was a good one.

maccruiskeen

To be fair to Hambini he’s married with kids so the Incel thing is not applicable.

Lucky wife and klds

tpbiker
    Free Member

get the impression that he was once knocked back by the object of his rage?

Having seen what he looks like (weird looking little man), and seen what she looks like (attractive blonde female), if that happened he’s got about as much justification for being annoyed as I would if Margot Robbie politely declined my advances!

Likewise I’m not convinced on wobbliscot’s assessment either. I use to work for an engineering company, plenty of banter, plenty of out dated attitudes. None of the guys I knew would dream of a personal attack like that.

I think the reality is far more straightforward…The man is a total asshole with mental issues.

chakaping
    Free Member

Incel is not an insult

Just FYI, suggesting that someone can’t get it could definitely be construed as an insult.

And that **** is fair game IMO.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

don’t know what perceived slight or grief this guy has but this kind of attack is way out of proportion and would imagine is extremely upsetting and unpleasant to be on the receiving end of.

Getting interviewed by the police for an earlier complaint by the object of his ire is the origin story. She took umbridge with some of his comments about her on a review of a CW video about aerodynamics, he wasn’t singling her out, he was rude about all of them.

He claimed it went nowhere at the time. Who knows what has triggered the latest outburst.

thols2

I don’t think that fitting the attributes of “incel” are actually anything to do with your sex life (and in that regard its an unfortunate label) – rather its a mentality where (mostly men) have progressively extreme views than society is against them and attractive women are the problem

This was my impression too.

Poopscoop

@retro83

The **** is this work of fantasy based on?

Ok, I really didn’t think I’d have to explain that post as it *is* a work of fantasy to illustrate a simple point.

Hambini has come up on stw before for various reasons. There have been long threads on the engineering side of his YT vids. Forgetting his “divisive manner” (though that is the subject of this thread) my post was a simple whimsical reference to the fact that pretty much nothing comes up to Hambini’s standards for bike engineering. There are exceptions but as a rule…

Bikes are not aerospace engineering projects and if they were to be manufactured to that sort of standard then they would be priced accordingly. He expects perfection in situations where perfection is not always required or even desired, based on cost and other factors.

If Airbus started using GXP BB’s on their planes for some reason I’d be glad he is on the team but they don’t.

I can’t believe I’m having to actually explain this and it’s totally irrelevant to the OP’s post.

The thing is I (genuinely) made that post without any intention of annoying you or anyone else on here. I’m perplexed to be honest.

Anyway, sorry op, didn’t see this tangent coming.

Poopscoop

The subject of hambinis ire writes her thoughts on the subject.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ridewriterepeat.com/2020/07/07/six-bloopers-of-being-a-woman-in-the-cycling-industry/amp/

‘Hambini’ also claimed to have zoomed in on my rides, videoing them so he could take note of where I had stopped – before sharing images of routes to his followers, which is where it all became less “interesting” and more concerning.

Frankly, her partner is a better man than I am if I were to be made aware of this being directed at my oh.

misteralz
    Free Member

I think the worst ‘crime’ from that couple is not the smaller front numberplate, but the fact that they didn’t shorten it to get rid of the acres of white either side of the digits. Horrible.

retro83
    Free Member

Poopscoop

Ok, I really didn’t think I’d have to explain that post as it *is* a work of fantasy to illustrate a simple point.

Hambini has come up on stw before for various reasons. There have been long threads on the engineering side of his YT vids. Forgetting his “divisive manner” (though that is the subject of this thread) my post was a simple whimsical reference to the fact that pretty much nothing comes up to Hambini’s standards for bike engineering. There are exceptions but as a rule…

Bikes are not aerospace engineering projects and if they were to be manufactured to that sort of standard then they would be priced accordingly. He expects perfection in situations where perfection is not always required or even desired, based on cost and other factors.

If Airbus started using GXP BB’s on their planes for some reason I’d be glad he is on the team but they don’t.

I can’t believe I’m having to actually explain this and it’s totally irrelevant to the OP’s post.

The thing is I (genuinely) made that post without any intention of annoying you or anyone else on here. I’m perplexed to be honest.

Anyway, sorry op, didn’t see this tangent coming.

🤷‍♂️ It didn’t annoy me, it confused me.

1 NASA are known for high precision engineering, so if Hambini was a perfectionist I don’t know why having him on the Apollo programme would slow it down since they are likely working to that standard anyway.

2 He isn’t a perfectionist anyway. If you watch the videos, time and time again he comments that he measured the bore diameter/alignment/concentricity etc and it was outside the allowable tolerances for the BB/bearings. That isn’t being a perfectionist. Being within that range is the minimum required!

I would understand what you were saying if Hambini insisted on the above measurements being slap being in the centre of the allowed tolerance, but he doesn’t (though he praises companies like Look who do manage it).

Anyway.

Best to let people like this not bother you and crack on. The internet is all of them. They’re like ants, you might get rid of a few, but there are millions just like them so you’re not even scratching the surface.

This isn’t just shop-floor banter (which isn’t right but can be dealt with). Its a permanent record on the internet.

A friend of mine had part of his life ruined because of half truths posted on the internet and there was nothing he could do about it.

We can’t all be thick skinned. If I knew that somebody was posting shit like that about me or my partner and that it could be read by any one in the world and that it would be there forever, it would make me feel suicidal.

Making excuses for this individual and telling the victims to move on is just not good enough.

matt_outandabout

A friend of mine had part of his life ruined because of half truths posted on the internet and there was nothing he could do about it.

We too have endured a false accusation of something very serious, career ending serious, online. Only this week, nearly 8 years later, has this come back to bite us through one of our employers.

The impact on the victims life cannot be underestimated. It continues to harm even after the posts are pulled down. And not just gently, but tearful, sleepless and deep down hurt.

I am all for free speech, but this is pure bullying and nastiness, bordering on stalking, not some kind of banter or passing fad.

I hope they can take legal action against him, and I have reported his community of YouTube as a (very small way) of expressing my dislike. More of us should report his channel and get it demonetised.

grum
    Free Member

Never heard of the guy apart from people on here who seem a bit obsessed with him. Very strange to see people getting upset over use of the terms incel though. Do you get upset when Trump gets called a narcissist too? Very odd choice of subject for outrage.

chakaping
    Free Member

The subject of hambinis ire writes her thoughts on the subject.

Ah, just realised who it is. I’ve only had brief dealings with her when promoting something for OpenMTB, but she was one of the most switched-on and capable bike journos I’ve dealt with.

Obviously I regard Hambini as a pathetic ****, but it’s more dusturbing to hear about the harrassment he has provoked.

In the absence of any legal or professional consequences, please don’t view or engage with any more of his content.

Shred
    Free Member
    DezB
    Free Member

Never heard of the guy apart from people on here who seem a bit obsessed with him

Yup. And think they’re doing some kind of public service by calling him out on a STW thread.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Yup. And think they’re doing some kind of public service by calling him out on a STW thread.

I don’t think I’m doing any kind of public service. And I’m definitely not obsessed with him, I’ve never watched one of his videos all the way through in my life, they are unwatchable. His artical popped on my feed for some unknown reason and since hes well known in cycling circles I’m simply started a thread saying the man is a horrible little shit. And also because it was a genuine ‘wtf some people are downright weird’ moment

So in summary, not sure what you are talking about really..

matt_outandabout

GDPR allows for right to be forgotten requests to include search results:
    https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/legal-removal-request?complaint_type=rtbf&visit_id=637202230061146146-20083139&rd=1

Indeed.

But it shouldn’t be there in the first place.

funkmasterp

I think the logical conclusion to this is that we find him, place him in some stocks and pelt him with cheap bike components and expensive, but badly engineered, bottom brackets.

Who’s with me?

Mister-P
    Free Member

I bet Hambini can spell despicable.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I bet Hambini can spell despicable

🤣🤣🤣

I deserve to be called out on that spelling tbf!

jamj1974

Totally irrelevant, but my great-grandmother lived on Stafford Road in Caterham for approaching 70 years.

Something bicycle-related to her, her daughter aka my grandmother fell off her bike on Succomb’s Hill, when her rod brakes failed.

Now, I imagine these gems were what was missing from your life.

swanny853

I grew up near the bottom of Succombs. I’ve nearly fallen off there when my legs failed- I suspect she was going down rather than up though.

jamj1974

Yep, going down!

Lived for a few years in Coulsdon myself – before I was 10. Still visit the area on rare occasions now, it’s changed so much since the mid-80’s…

DezB
    Free Member

I don’t think I’m doing any kind of public service. And I’m definitely not obsessed with him

And you aren’t the only person posting on this thread! I didn’t mean you and I’m sure grum didn’t.. But he can speak for himself if he comes back here. (I won’t be 😛 )

singletrackmind

Blimey
    My mum lives on Stafford Road now
    Up by the library
    We used to live up Harestone Valley Road for 40 years
    Never cycled up Succombs, its bad enough in a car, done some hefty speeds down it though

Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.