Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Halfords Advanced 1600 bike light
  • Premier Icon Rich
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Halfords 1600 bike light after seeing all the good reviews. On the website it advertises that there are 3 xm-l2 leds, yet the box says 1 xm-l2 and 2 xt-e leds. Is this a downgrade in quality?
    Thanks.

Premier Icon johnnystorm

A downgrade in online listing skills mostly I expect. Googling “XT E cree” brings back blurb like “best ever leds”. I’d hazard a guess that’s always been the spec and some has just see XML and 3 Leds and run with it. Perhaps the xml is better for spotlighting and the others for flood or similar?

Premier Icon argee

Wouldn’t worry, battery will fail before the LEDs, you get 1600 lumens so it’ll all be good, used the ones i got last year at the weekend, honestly it was as clear as daylight for 10 metres ahead of me, a far cry from t’olden days!

Premier Icon Rich
    Free Member

I was just surprised they weren’t the leds advertised.
    Apparently they used to use xpg2, so it’s had some changes. I just wish they had changed the micro USB to USB-C.

Premier Icon martymac

I use a magnetic micro usb in mine, just leave it in all the time. I do this because I’ve read a couple of reports of failed sockets on these lights.

Premier Icon molgrips

I use a magnetic micro usb in mine

@martymac can you still put the cover on when you’ve done this?

Premier Icon h4muf
    Free Member

Mines gone back on warranty, apparently not making them any more.

Premier Icon martymac

@molgrips i could have, if I’d trimmed it a couple of mm, so it didn’t insert as far.
    But I just cut it off completely.
    Fair weather rider, and it’s underneath anyway, minimal chance of any problem in my situation.

Premier Icon GeForceJunky

Interested in the magnetic idea. I’ve broken the charging port off twice on a Lezyne and once on the Halfords.

Premier Icon allanoleary

Anyone else have a problem with it holding charge? Mine goes half way flat in a couple of days without even being turned on

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.