Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Haldon Exeter
  • judderman
    Free Member

Thinking of going next weekend, hav'nt been for a year or two. gona try the new trail ridge is it? anyway has anyone got any GPS of the off piste sections that the locals do so we can make a bit of a day of it?

bassspine
    Free Member

sorry, only got my edge recently, I have a gps track for the ridge ride and that's it.

DA_DOOD–lulz
    Free Member

you won't find them even with a gps. just post on here and beg for a guide.

judderman
    Free Member

OK…..cap in hand…

Lionheart
    Free Member

Hi Judderman, drop me an email if you want with your number- and I will give you a call
    cheers R

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I haven't been up there since before Christmas but someone told me part of the new trail has collapsed/washed away.

May be total bolx of course.

snaps
    Free Member

I rode it 2 weeks ago & it was fine.

crispybacon
    Free Member

I rode the ridge trail for the first time on Jan 4th & it appeared to be intact. It was good fun & flowed really well. I'm not into the severe stuff but it had just enough scary stuff to get the heart racing. It was too snowy/icy/wet to ride any of the darkside however St Andrews lane was awesome – Woo Hoo !!!

tim41
    Free Member

Just to confirm on the current ridge trail conditions –

The first singletrack section had indeed suffered before christmas, and had been repaired with stone filled wire gabions and additional stone surfacing.

Further erosion and land slippage occurred after the snow/thaw the other week, but as of saturday this had been repaired too, and the whole trail was clear/rideable.

Personally the 1st section seems vulnerable to serious erosion, being bench cut into such a steep hillside. Whilst the recent weather has been pretty bad, I'd say it's been fairly typical winter conditions for Haldon. Time will tell how this section holds up in the long run.

The other sections of the new ridge trail seem to be bedding in nicely now.

ollieT
    Free Member

Judderman,

Went yesterday, and the trail was fine,found a some bits from when i raced there a few years ago. Jewson had a big off and dislocated his shoulder but apart from that it was a good day. i am probably going to go again this Sunday.Give me a shout if you fancy it.

judderman
    Free Member

OT,

Hoping to b a few of us on Sunday, one of the locals has kindly offered to show us round 😀 Not at all suprised by Jewson 🙄 hope hes ok. probably see you sunday if not before. take care.

judderman
    Free Member

done a few laps of the ridge today, flowed quite well & was good for a 'blast' around despite the snow, but it does feel very sanitised compared to the red route we used to do a couple of years back but then thats H&S I suppose. The ridge cafe is a good addition with wood burner & decent menu. I think the trail is ideal for SS, so in the spring/summer we expect to be back and then look forward to crashing out on the green outside the cafe with beer & sundrenched backs 🙄

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Haldon Exeter’ is closed to new replies.