Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • Had my first run in with a "terrortorial Parker"
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

jimmy hill
    1. Television sports pundit known for his protruberant chin. For this reason, and this reason only, his name became a synonym for the expression of disbelief Chinny Reckon. Other big chinned people including the boy pharaoh “Tutankhamun” have shared a similar fate.

“I shagged a super-model last night”

“Ooh Jimmy Hill, Jimmy Hill you did” accompanied by much stroking of the chin and expressions of disbelief including lip pouting.

peekay

Maybe a Google Streetview link to the pleasantly tree lined, car free, gently sloped, perfectly straight, pedestrian safe town centre utopia would help the jury decide.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

ransos – Member

Some years ago we lived very close to a town centre and parking was always a nightmare around there

Just to fill in the whole picture for you, the road where I released the car had no parked cars on it and no traffic.

Do try and get you story straight.

The road in question is quite narrow and has double yellow lines on it because it is so close to the town centre, hence no parking on it. Our road also had double yellow lines but with residents’ parking bays. The car across my drive was illegally parked therefore as well on a double yellow line.

I don’t know (or care) what subsequently happend to the car or the driver as I didn’t hang around to find out. Problem solved as far as I was concerned.

houndlegs
    Free Member

What does orange juice do to a windscreen?

ransos
    Free Member

I am not the brightest bulb, not getting the chinny bit, is that slang for a fibber?

I don’t know the origin, but if we were expressing disbelief at school the correct procedure was to stroke an imaginary beard whilst shouting “chinny reckon”.

ransos
    Free Member

The road in question is quite narrow and has double yellow lines on it because it is so close to the town centre, hence no parking on it. Our road also had double yellow lines but with residents’ parking bays. The car across my drive was illegally parked therefore as well on a double yellow line.

Maybe a Google Streetview link to the pleasantly tree lined, car free, gently sloped, perfectly straight, pedestrian safe town centre utopia would help the jury decide.

Pigface
    Free Member

Everyday is a school day 😆 we did the chin stroking thing but never said “Chinny”

Cheers

forzafkawi
    Free Member

gobuchul – Member

The down grade was very gentle and the car in question hit the tree at all of 5 mph.

This was some Mini and you much have some strength.

You pushed it 80m and it ran straight and true for 80m without anyone steering.

You also got the steering lock off?

Seems unlikely.

If you read my original post you will see the keys were in the ignition so I was able to steer the car without the steering lock coming on. It was an old mini circa 70s I would guess. If you couldn’t push one of those on your own then you must be a feeble, old geezer.

Believe the story or not STW. I’m obviously not going to give explicit details of where it happened because it would be easy to pinpoint my house even though I no longer live there.

jam-bo

if the keys were in it, why didnt you just drive it down the road?

peekay

I imagine that your house is the one with the Lamborghinis and spacerocket on the driveway.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

houndlegs – Member

What does orange juice do to a windscreen?

It dries. Not an extreme action like keying a car, just annoying enough for them to get the message and move on.

ransos
    Free Member

Believe the story or not STW. I’m obviously not going to give explicit details of where it happened because it would be easy to pinpoint my house even though I no longer live there.

Yeah, revealing the location of somewhere you no longer live is a real concern.

(I’ll go with “not”)

ransos
    Free Member

I imagine that your house is the one with the Lamborghinis and spacerocket on the driveway.

I imagine security could be an issue when he is away on holiday, in Elevenerife.

gobuchul
    Free Member

it would be easy to pinpoint my house even though I no longer live there.

No it wouldn’t and why would it matter?

It was an old mini circa 70s I would guess. If you couldn’t push one of those on your own then you must be a feeble, old geezer.

You pushed it 80 metres, down a hill and it didn’t accelerate faster than 5mph?

Seems that it defied the laws of physics to me?

mogrim

How else could you get to the moon with Kylie?

aracer
    Free Member

What I find interesting is that forza prefers us to think he’s a complete arse than a liar.

gobuchul
    Free Member

I have just had to go back to the original post and check what he wrote.

One Saturday I noticed someone had parked across our drive and I was a bit concerned as I was expecting the wife back with a heavy load of shopping. I went out to the car and saw the door was unlocked and the keys were still in the ignition. I pushed the car down the road and round the corner and let it go down a slight incline. I watched it smash into a tree about 80 metres down the road.

I think he’s psychopathic.

“I was a bit concerned” which led him to TWOCing a car and pushing it uncontrolled down a residential street that was busy enough to require double yellow lines.

Or maybe he made it up?

GrahamS

I love this:

Too much PC in the World these days..

Yeah, those blooming lefty liberals eh? Imagine not wanting over half a ton of metal rolling uncontrollably down a residential street before smashing into a tree. It’s political correctness garn mad. 🙄

If any of this actually happened then it sounds very much like the owner left the keys in so you could shift it if you returned. Pretty considerate thing to do really. And your response was to endanger lives and smash the car up?

How would a Streetview link be an issue, presumably the owner already knows where it happened, and there is only your login name here to identify you in a house you no longer live in anyway.

dantsw13

Having lived in SW London where parking was a nightmare, I swore never to live anywhere without OSP. Living in the country now, so this is all but a distant memory.

tinybits
    Free Member

I’m quietly entertained when my wife swears at the people over the road for parking one of thier cars (4 in the house) on the road, resulting in it being a little difficult (nothing more) to get her car off the drive*.
    We used to live on the Royal Crescent in Bath, now that was sodding bad parking! Sometimes I would have to park a good half mile + away. Mostly it was OK as I used to stay drunk all weekend so not need a car!

*I reverse onto the drive due to when I first moved in, reversing out and hitting another neighbours nearly new Merc E class amidships. Should have been concentrating that day…..

Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Had my first run in with a "terrortorial Parker"’ is closed to new replies.