Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 141 total)
  • Had my first run in with a "terrortorial Parker"
  • iolo
    Free Member

My flat in Vienna is on the border of two districts. One side of the street is free parking (18th district) and the other is 800 euro a year to park (17th district). It’s a nightmare to park as everyone in the 17th who has 2 or more cars park in the free district. The flat is in the 18th so finding a parking spot within 500m is luck.

thegreatape
    Free Member

My house is in a row of about ten which for some reason was built set back from the road, so there’s a public car park with space for about 40 cars for the ten houses. Every third Wednesday some bloke driving a big yellow van full of books parks right outside my house for 30 minutes. The git.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Im all for the japan style prove you have space before you buy a car deal.

Same here, ridiculous the amount of cars about, we’re only lucky there are no houses across the road.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Why should I park 40 yards up the road because they can’t stop breeding. But like you say it’s not my road but I still feel put out after a long day at work.

40 yards? Seriously? How long does that take to walk?
    Apologies if you are a blue badge holder/in a wheelchair etc.

takisawa2

We have a communal parking area at the end of the street. All the houses have drives or parking spots outside, the communal bit being…well communal, as in anyone can use it. But it gives a couple of houses a nice spot to park their cars in so they can see them from their front windows.
    I brought the caravan home a few years ago, to prep for going away. So parked the mighty Mondeo in the comunual area. Low & behold we get a note, to the effect these spaces are for these houses only. So it got tore up. Few days later one of the residents has a go at the wife. She wasn’t sure which house he lived in, & no amount of me knocking would bring the spineless **** out for a “chat”.
    So they start running a key down the car.
    (180k Mondeo already well scratched, not like it’s knocking thousands off its value).

Fast forward, we bought a new car in November, after the DMF went on the Mondeo.
    So the Mondeo has sat since, right in the prime spot.
    Don’t worry, it’s taxed, insured & will remain there in all its rusty, scratched splendour until the MOT runs out in March.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I once got a mini digger and lifted a car some total tool had left blocking my site entrance. Dragged it on site and fenced it in. Now that is a true story!

outofbreath
    Free Member

Lol, a nutter near me used to park his milk float outside my house because he thought it annoyed me. It was a public road with ample parking so caused me no grief at all.

His grudge against me was that one of our neighbours wrote him an anonymous letter about parking and he thought it was from me.

mogrim

in Spain you actually do own the path and section of road in front of your house.

I don’t. At least I don’t think I do. My neighbour doesn’t like anyone parking in “his” space in front of his house, to the extent of moving cars and motorbikes around to ensure no one else can park there, but as he’s very careful not to park in front of anyone else’s house I don’t mind.

kcal

I guess it’s true – if everyone says so – that it’s legal to park in front of someone’s drive (bit thoroughness though). I did come back from a walk into town, to find some wife, and a young lad, parked in front of our drive.

Asked her if she’d mind moving the car – “in a while” (at this point, I think she thought I was some nosey neighbour…) Asked her if she realised she was parked in front of the drive (some don’t). “Yes, it’s ok, there was a lady doing some gardening (it was a freezing cold day) out front and she said it’d be ok”. ?? “You mean my wife said it was OK? – I find that hard to believe”..

Long pause, and then she went ballistic, then her son got out passenger seat and came round all set to have a pop at me. Most odd.

nickjb
    Free Member

We have an elderly couple living a few doors up. They rarely drive but when they do everyone leaves their spot. Not a territorial thing, just makes life a bit easier for them. The road is pretty busy and space at a premium but they bought the house brand new in 1939 so sort of have dibs anyway.

hora
    Free Member

You were on foot? So you were bring territorial..

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Really? Cycling is a hobby for me, not a mode of transport.

See, this is the problem. Cycling SHOULD be A means of transport for everyone.
    There’s no reason why not at all, but cycling in the UK has to be a hobby…. Buy the latest bike, dress in the right kit, go on an organised ride or drive to a certain place to ride….. But as soon as they need a pint of milk from shops 2 miles away, they get in the car.
    it’s easily feasible to do away with cars for day to day life, you’ve just got to want to.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Read it again Mogrim – whoever paid the “regalo ” originally to the ayuntamiento did.
    The road part then gets “gifted” (hence regalo) to the council for future care/maintenance.
    The path outside is yours and your responsibility for upkeep costs.
    If it’s the council who come along and do it then you’ll pay them or you can arrange your own obras.
    Only really comes up in a new urbanisation where you buy the plot and the roads, etc are out in later.
    Newer rules changed a lot of it forcing developers to put all the roads and lights in before they are allowed to sell a single plot. Hence you seeing so many empty “villages” driving about.
    There still won’t be any paths though – that gets done at your cost after all services are in and the certificado de habita?ion is issued.
    Same again – let the council do it with a designated surface or pay for your own obras and whatever you want as long as it’s homologated

forzafkawi
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member

Yeah right. Did you bollocks.

johndoh – Member

I pushed the car down the road and round the corner and let it go down a slight incline. I watched it smash into a tree about 80 metres down the road.

I hope this is made up.

peekay – Member

What a load of balls. You didn’t really do that.

Completely true. It was an old mini so easy to push on my own. I even waved it a fond farewell as I let it go. I’d do it again in a heartbeat so you’d better not park across my drive.

sc-xc

In that case, please accept my apologies. I didn’t realise you were such a badass.

Meanwhile….

nickjb
    Free Member

In that case, please accept my apologies. I didn’t realise you were such a badass psychopath

ftfy

ransos
    Free Member

Completely true. It was an old mini so easy to push on my own. I even waved it a fond farewell as I let it go. I’d do it again in a heartbeat so you’d better not park across my drive.

perchypanther
    Free Member

In which case, you are either…

a) A maniac who, in response to some careless parking, deliberately caused a ton of uncontrolled metal to career down a public street with no regard to the consequences. You could have killed a child or even a baby robin. In other words, a monster.

b) Making it up a bit.

sc-xc

Or:

A) your pants are on fire
    B) your nose is longer than a telephone wire

peekay

Really?
    So you stole a car, took it round a corner, then deliberately allowed it to roll uncontrolled down a hill for 80m in an area that you have said was a busy town centre?
    All because somebody parked over your drive? Seems very dangerous and a disproportionate response.
    And the person who the car belonged to didn’t return to where they had left it, find their car missing and yours in its place, then find their car wrapped round a tree at the bottom of the hill and associate the two situations?
    Really?

You are so awesome!!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

no they did associate the two events but the posters just stared them square in the eyes and asked them if they felt lucky…they did the right thing and walked away humbled but alive.

No idea if true or not but what an arse for saying this to look cool or actually doing it which is worse

forzafkawi
    Free Member

The car in question had been there for over an hour so the driver obviously hadn’t nipped to the local shops for a pint of milk. Personally, I would never park across someone else’s drive and anyone who does gets everything they deserve in my opinion as they are the mindless shit.

Too much PC in the World these days including this thread methinks. I’m not cool or a badass just someone who has Fallen Down.

sc-xc

I use a Mac.

ransos
    Free Member

Too much PC in the World these days including this thread methinks. I’m not cool or a badass just someone who has Fallen Down.

No, you’re a sad fantasist.

As an aside: round the corner from me, a trailer became detached from a car, careered out of control and killed a 3-year old boy who was walking on the pavement. So I don’t find this kind of stuff very funny.

gobuchul
    Free Member

just someone who has Fallen Down.

Oh FFS! This place. 🙄

hammyuk
    Free Member

Well it is a heavy frost this morning – should’ve gritted the driveway….

perchypanther
    Free Member

should’ve gritted the driveway….

Couldn’t get near it, could he?

What with all the illegally parked cars and that.

Luckily his enormous chin cushioned his fall…

peekay

I remember seeing something very similar on Mr Bean. Do you drive a Reliant Robin?

jam-bo

don’t happen to train at a certain TKD club in Edinburgh do you?

mogrim

Read it again Mogrim – whoever paid the “regalo ” originally to the ayuntamiento did.
    The road part then gets “gifted” (hence regalo) to the council for future care/maintenance.
    The path outside is yours and your responsibility for upkeep costs.

Still pretty sure that’s not the case, as I live in a gated estate and the whole thing belongs to all of us, not me as an individual. Still, will have a look into it…

And letting a car roll 80m potentially through traffic / up onto pavements? 😯 What a ****!

sc-xc

And letting a car roll 80m potentially through traffic / up onto pavements? What a ****!

We’ve all exaggerated the truth. More likely was that he furtively looked around before edging it away from the front of his drive. Over years it has been embellished…

Like that time I shagged Kylie on the moon.

perchypanther
    Free Member

You should be so lucky.

Lucky.

Lucky.

Lucky.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Yeh – that will change it Mogrim. Carraterra Privada – the communidad’s responsibilty. There’ll be an element of your community charge to cover it into a central fund – well there SHOULD be anyway – worth asking at the next community meeting.
    Had experience of just how big a bill can get when the main water pipe into the community went due to lack of maintenance.
    300 apartments/chalets dry because the communidad hadn’t allocated funds as per the charter!
    Fortunately there were plenty of fontanero’s, albañils, etc who got together and sorted it.
    Cost the president, secretary and others their place and they were in front of the local Juéz pronto!!!
    People forget that the Ley de la Communidad is just that – laws you agree to.
    Shame it doesn’t happen here – the amount of “noisy neighbour`” threads, etc wouldn’t and don’t happen there.

mikey3
    Free Member

So what happened when the guy returned for his mini tall story person?

perchypanther
    Free Member

So what happened when the guy returned for his mini

Well, after launching the old Mini down a hiil, the bus upon which he was travelling swerved and ended up precariously balanced over a crash barrier on the edge of a cliff. He had to use his body weight to try and counter balance the large amount of gold bullion at the other end of the bus…….

forzafkawi
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member

And letting a car roll 80m potentially through traffic / up onto pavements? What a ****!

We’ve all exaggerated the truth. More likely was that he furtively looked around before edging it away from the front of his drive. Over years it has been embellished…

Just to fill in the whole picture for you, the road where I released the car had no parked cars on it and no traffic. It also had tree-lined verges on both sides with no pedestrians. The down grade was very gentle and the car in question hit the tree at all of 5 mph. No baby birds or kittens were harmed in this escapade.

If you have Kylie’s number it would be appreciated…

For those of you of a less squeemish disposition can I suggest brake fluid does a good job on paintwork or orange juice on the windscreen to dissuade errant parkers. I have not tried either option myself I might add.

ransos
    Free Member

Some years ago we lived very close to a town centre and parking was always a nightmare around there

Just to fill in the whole picture for you, the road where I released the car had no parked cars on it and no traffic.

Do try and get your story straight.

gobuchul
    Free Member

The down grade was very gentle and the car in question hit the tree at all of 5 mph.

This was some Mini and you much have some strength.

You pushed it 80m and it ran straight and true for 80m without anyone steering.

You also got the steering lock off?

Seems unlikely.

I watched it smash into a tree about 80 metres down the road.

Smash? At 5mph?

gobuchul
    Free Member

Pigface
    Free Member

I am not the brightest bulb, not getting the chinny bit, is that slang for a fibber?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Had my first run in with a "terrortorial Parker"’ is closed to new replies.