Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 143 total)
  • Guess who’s taken off his moleskin trousers, lost his stylus & rejoined On-One.
  • Clink

What Damascus says ^

damascus
    Free Member

When I say let him design what he wants without restrictions from management i mean within reason.

https://goo.gl/images/tt4WQ5

jonnyrockymountain

I’m hoping for a ti 29er single speed for 100-120mm forks

RustyNissanPrairie

OO/PX are nothing more than a seller of rock bottom tat with a miriad of yester years great brand names now slapped on sweat shop crap with stupid purile names punted out with no QC or CS

I can never understand why anyone would ever buy anything from them – they have never been and never will be ‘cool’

chakaping
    Free Member

So compiling the requests so far, we have singlespeeds, bikes for giants and full-sussers for kids?

They’ll be out of business by 2020 I reckon.

angeldust
    Free Member

OO/PX are nothing more than a seller of rock bottom tat with a miriad of yester years great brand names now slapped on sweat shop crap with stupid purile names punted out with no QC or CS

I can never understand why anyone would ever buy anything from them – they have never been and never will be ‘cool’

Sounds to me like someone is fishing for £250 hush money 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You obviously missed the time period around 2000-2006 when pretty much everyone had an inbred or 456.

They’ve never been ‘cool’ in the way Santa Cruz get fapped over in the trail center car parks, but they (or Brant at least) have made some fantastic bikes over the years.

I’d like a 45629, along the lines of stuff like Nordest, Fastforward etc, but with enough corners cut to get it <£200.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m sure they’ve never claimed, pretended or even wanted to be cool, but they did have a bit of a following five or two years ago – and turned out some nice bikes.

Only one I had was the C456 and that was brilliant, if they had any sense they’d have done a 29er version a few years ago – but they seem to have been focusing on short HTs and heavy FSers instead.

angeldust
    Free Member

You obviously missed the time period around 2000-2006 when pretty much everyone had an inbred or 456.

Obviously, arguing if something is/was cool or not is pretty pointless (no more so than the rest of the topics on here though!), as it’s totally subjective.  But yeah, around 2000? and for some time after, they had strong popular favour on here, no doubt about it.

iamtheresurrection

Cool? They were cheap, sorted, ran by a couple of blokes that liked bikes and employed people in the UK. Suppose that is cool, now you mention it.

Drac

So you do care after all.

ton

anyone who buys a brand of bike because it is cool is a full on ****.

on one bikes are just good vfm bikes that you can ride and not worry too much about.

easy to buy, easy to replace.

who wants to pay top end prices for a bike, when riding ability and talent is bargain basement.

epicyclo

ton

anyone who buys a brand of bike because it is cool is a full on ****.

on one bikes are just good vfm bikes that you can ride and not worry too much about.

easy to buy, easy to replace.

who wants to pay top end prices for a bike, when riding ability and talent is bargain basement.

Well said.

I am as partial to a blingy bike as the next person, but if you want a bike that handles well and you aren’t fussed about what the trail park aesthetes think, an On-One is an excellent choice for reasonable money.

That’s based on my ownership of a Pompino, and a 29er Scandal. I have had both for over 10 years and done everything I could have done with their fancy equivalents.

They are good bikes, plain and simple.

And just like every other brand On-One can make mistakes.

infidel
    Free Member

A mate had/has a 456 summer season which I coveted. He has the frame in his shed for his son. Like I have my old small dialled alpine frame in my shed for my daughter.

canopy
    Free Member

We’re here for you whatever, even though I’ve a design which I say takes 30in wheels, because that’s what really big 29in ones measure up as.

so a 29+ bike.. only thing not mentioned is 27.5+..

personally.. i’;d be uber curious about a 26er hardtail with #modern (fashionable) geo and good clearance i can move old parts to if i split my old bike (as i’m already wondering which old 456 style frame to pick up s/h) but the bike world being what is is…??!  crystal balls required…

PrinceJohn

Like I have my old small dialled alpine frame in my shed for my daughter.

You’re daughter is the luckier one in that equation…

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if the filthy capitalist was thinking of building a burly steel full suspension frame; I remember emailing him a few years back with some filthy capitalist ideas of my own and he seemed pretty interested.

Can you imagine… the additional stiffness and compliance of steel, countering the additional leverage and flex of the swing arm caused by larger wheels, not to mention the guaranteed fitness to be gained from riding a bike weighing similar to a rampaging bullock!!

stevie750

I’d like to see an updated codeine 29

big_scot_nanny

I might as well stick a request in for a steel 29+ hardtail for 120mm forks, but nicely long and low, appropriately sized for 195cm heifer.

You’ll sell at least, ooh, 1.

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

Reckon there could be a revised Armadillo – with the crazy cool sparkly dragon paintjob.

a mad planet x frame. i want another one!

k1100t
    Free Member

If he’s taking requests, then a Pinion gear boxed, Gates belt drive compatible, fat bike with plenty of room of 5″ rubber. Preferably in Titanium

otsdr
    Free Member

…and under £200.

ton

You’ll sell at least, ooh, 1.

possibly 2.

unovolo
    Free Member

Don’t quite get why they have all the different bike brand names especially when half of them are generic frames with different paint jobs depending on the brand.

Several of the big names like Tomac and Holdsworth don’t have the cache they used to anyway so they may as well put them on ice.

Personally I would stick to one Brand name for the whole range, ie. A Cannondale is a Cannondale irrespective of whether its a MTB, Roadbike, Gravel bike etc.

Might be a opportunity to start a new Image not in the Sports Direct/TK Maxx mould.

Web site needs sorting out as certain things are showing on the Planet X site but not  at On One site again which creates confusion and looks a bit amateur.

tomhoward

possibly 2

Steady, that consitutes a full production run for some ‘manufacturers’

Mackem

Amy chance of a cheap rigid singlespeed? Dont seem to exist anymore.

epicyclo

Mackem

Amy chance of a cheap rigid singlespeed? Dont seem to exist anymore.

I’m sure someone will be along shortly to tell you that’s because of the Disintegratinium alloy used in On-One products. 🙂

edhornby

I think just reviving the scandal 29er with horizontal dropouts and a rigid fork would be a winner , seems to still be a market for them

ceramicmatt

Perhaps a revamp of the Scandal and Inbred 29ers to begin with? Both great frames that could be brought back up to date with a few tweaks. On-One retired these popular models and didn’t replace them. Each year Cotic seem to be making slight adjustments to models that have a history and pedigree. The On-One pick and mix approach to frames and parts had an appeal to me a few years ago. It was great to experiment with bargain bits, but I think they now need a consistent mountain bike fleet to move forward.

jekkyl

Could I request the moon on a stick please Brant.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Re do the Pompetamineensuring big tyre clearance. Same frame in steel, carbon and alloy please. I still want one.

martinkiely
    Free Member

Have had a 45650B and currently have on PX road bike (both bought as frames) and happy with both, and would happily buy another frame/parts off them at some point but (and its’ a big but) the customer service has been fairly to totally appalling almost every time. If Brant can make a difference to that, he’ll be on to a winner, before he gets onto updating things like the Inbred/Scandal etc.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Not sure if anyone else mentioned this but sort out the overseas postage prices. Last time I looked at getting a 29 Inbred ordered the postage was more than the frame.

squirrelking
    Free Member

<p>What ever happened to the Gimp/Bommer? I’d take another for old times sake.</p>

montgomery
    Free Member

I rode a £175 Inbred frame from the UK to Istanbul, offroad E2E and, amongst other things, over some big mountains somewhere. My current bike has On One (Mary) handlebars, stem spacers, front tyre, lock-on grips and tool pouch. Might be needing a new frame soon and can’t afford bling, so I await developments with interest.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Perhaps a revamp of the Scandal and Inbred 29ers to begin with? Both great frames that could be brought back up to date with a few tweaks. On-One retired these popular models and didn’t replace them

I wonder how commercially viable they were. On the outside with the economy struggling over the last 10 years you would think the market for good simple bikes would increase, instead were all on here bemoaning the prevalence of £1400 beginner bikes with deore drive chains (nothing wrong with deore, it’s just what I remember being on £300 hardtails). On-One are still at the good value end of the spectrum, but a Dee-Darr frame is £350, that’s not Coti or Stanton money, but neither is it n+1 parts bin build territory.

It would be interesting to know how big the market was for ~£150 inbred/456 frames Vs the new more expensive versions (the dee dar has a thru axle, forged head tube, seat tube/top tube bridge, plate chainstay bridge etc, the 466 and inbred were pretty much all tubes, plate dropouts and the odd gusset).

I’m definitely the market for the former, I’d rather a cheap hardtail with no-frills and an offset 135mm hub for tyre clearance to use up spare parts than a £350 one with a few bells and whistles, that then costs another £300 in new hubs, headsets etc rather than rifling through my spares stash. But appreciate I’m probably a minority and I’m more and more tempted to go down the XCAD titanium route as the extra cost would be more than offset against savings in re-using parts.

rickonwheels
    Free Member

If a new on-one 26er and/or 29er steel frame appears for the kind of prices that the old ones were going for, with QR rear dropout option* so people can actually put together a fun hardtail from the pile of old parts in their shed, for very little outlay, i’m sure there would be a market.

chestrockwell

Can’t remember Deore being the go to groupset for £300 bikes? Bitd it was second only to XT.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Was posted on one of the fan boi getups

What’s Coming Up 2019

Was going to post this tomorrow but as it is hammering down outside and I don’t want to do the hoovering no time like the present.

These are the projects that Brant and myself are working on for on-one , all in full swing now . Its our third “marriage” and good to have him back so we can build some fun stuff that looks back to those early days when it was such an amazing time starting in those early days. We only built stuff we wanted not what the market demanded.

“There will be no e-bikes round here this is a local bike shop for locals we dont want your sort in here ”

A lot of these products are “going back to our roots”, we’re homeward bound , got our heads turned around,
    To the place of our birth
    Back down to earth.

In no particular order

1/ Scandal 29er – Aluminium , 120mm fork , big tyres .

2/ Inbred 29er – 120mm steel is real born again , with updated version .

3/ Ti Inbred 29 Evo – 29er 120mm fork , big tyres

4/ Deedar Evo – Boost and Geometry update

5/ Bootzipper 29er – Steel through axle mountain mash up , rigid only .

6/ Bootzipper 650 – Steel through axle mountain mash up , rigid only , road wheels , MTB Drivetrain

7/ Bootzipper 29er Steel Fork – 12mm through axle steel 29er segmented fork

8/ Bootzipper 650 Steel Fork – As above 650 version

9/ World Tour Rocket – alloy round the world bike .

10/ Steel Pickenflick – Its obvious , its ok .

11/ Alloy Space Chicken – Dropper post , 650b ,

12/ Nitto Bar Project – Big Selection of bent and bull moose bars made by the worlds best tube benders and bar welders .

13/Rim Project – High quality rim extrusions 100% made in Italy for Gravel/ MTN / Bootzippers in 6082 , 26 inch , 650 , 29er version .

14/ Panaracer Tyre Project – Panaracer producing UK conditions gravel and all day tyre .

15/ Classic 26 Inch Inbred – The original with only minor tweaks for modern components .

16/ Classic Pompino – Slightly bigger clearance but not much to change

17/ A2B Steel – new all day , all roads , knock arounder , with cantis , just cos I want one.

Im surprised however zippin up my boots didn’t feature.

qwerty
    Free Member

Splendid, sounds like a lot of work. Cheers for the feed back. Maybe, normalishise the names & paint. Ta

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘Guess who’s taken off his moleskin trousers, lost his stylus & rejoined On-One.’ is closed to new replies.