Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 143 total)
  • Guess who’s taken off his moleskin trousers, lost his stylus & rejoined On-One.
  • mickmcd
    Free Member

At the carwash …..

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Brant

Build us a high pivot point 170mm 29er…….

Commencal shat the bed and discontinued their only high pivot point Enduro type bike and replaced it with a generic Canyon knock-off, just as people were starting to get over the looks, buy it and take notice of the bike after their downhill world cup performance. The SX is a **** awesome bike, a slightly more usable 160/170mm bike would be great.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

No Dee Darr 29er (or 45629) on that list?

That aside there’s a lot on that list I an see myself buying at various points!

17/ A2B Steel – new all day , all roads , knock arounder , with cantis , just cos I want one.

Isn’t that just an old kaffenback?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    medlow
    Free Member

I’m really looking forward to this. Hopefully they can pull it back.

I cringe when I see another email from On One pushing £1 socks or cheap GT85 deals. Cmon guys, get back to producing great frames with options of well priced build kits.

Cheap gear being knocked off and overwhelming their website and marketing was a mistake.

I’m on my 3rd frame and visited the store a few times and received good service for years :

Inbred – sold
    Scandal V2 – excellent, love it, swaps between rigid and sus. Cant really find anything to replace it with but it does need updating.
    Bish Bash Bosh- excellent, it does the lot, road, CX and bridleway bashing. A well sorted bike thats is better than it deserves to be.

I have never understood the PX / OO brands, why not just one?

Then came Holdsworth, Vitus, Titus etc etc..Confusing for me as a long term customer, let alone a new customer. Get rid of all of them and stick to 1 brand.

Ohh and the website needs a complete overhaul. Its a mess.

Personally;

I want a Ti 27.5 boost hardtail with medium aggressive geo please.

More 27.5 non + frames please for us shorty guys.

brant
    Free Member

Can anyone help us fill in some gaps on this?

https://www.on-one.co.uk/on-one-complete-bike-list

RustySpanner

Good luck. 🙂

I like the sound of most of the planned models  and I’m a fussy git.

RustySpanner

Will the 29ers be shortarse friendly?

The alloy round the world bike sounds interesting – and more info?

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

You did a “Cleveland Steamer” bike?!?!

fatmax

Ti Inbred 29 Evo – 29er 120mm fork , big tyres – nice one, sounds good.  XL for a lanky fecker please.

How long until these are all for sale?  Good luck.

d4ddydo666

+1 for a wide clearance pompetamine and XS 456 for the wee’uns at £400 each ;-P

Bloody love my 456 and Dirty Disco.

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Brant, I had a 135mm Pompino around 2008/9; they don’t seem to be mentioned on your list?

hardtailonly

I would be interested in / have one / some of the following ….

“In no particular order

2/ Inbred 29er – 120mm steel is real born again , with updated version .

3/ Ti Inbred 29 Evo – 29er 120mm fork , big tyres

10/ Steel Pickenflick – Its obvious , its ok .

11/ Alloy Space Chicken – Dropper post , 650b ,

12/ Nitto Bar Project – Big Selection of bent and bull moose bars made by the worlds best tube benders and bar welders .

14/ Panaracer Tyre Project – Panaracer producing UK conditions gravel and all day tyre .

15/ Classic 26 Inch Inbred – The original with only minor tweaks for modern components .

16/ Classic Pompino – Slightly bigger clearance but not much to change”

Steel Pickenflick … Can it be in raw, and have guard and rack mounts please?

Might be interested in the Ti Inbred 29er … But would definitely be interested in a Ti 45629er with bigger travel and aggro-er angles.

And when? And how much?

rydster
    Free Member

Brant, I had a 135mm Pompino around 2008/9

Yeah that’s what I have now. Although I think I bought it in late 2007.

I’m getting rid of it now though because I find it impossible to run fixed mudguards, have the rear brake working, and have good chain tension.

It has horizontal dropouts and I run it single speed.

If I run a single speed in future it would be a ‘normal’ frame and I’d run a tensioner.

rydster
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve gotta say selling ‘gravel’ or ‘adventure’ frames/bikes without fixed mudguard mounts is stupid IMHO. Might be one of the Planet X bike which has mounts on the frame but none on the fork…I mean please!

damascus
    Free Member

Will the 29ers be shortarse friendly?

Will the 29ers be giant friendly?

Bring back the original line up at original prices

And can you give me a refund 9 years after I sell it?

Why the two brands planet x and on one?

Isn’t this something to do with quotas of imported bikes and the amount of tax you have to pay? I know they were separate originally but I just use the planet x website now.

rydster
    Free Member

Yeah it’s the PX Tempest which comes with mudguard mounts on the frame but none on the fork. Seems **** silly to me.

<b>Please note</b> the following frame is supplied with fixed rear mudguard fitment (Mudguards not included) but the forks are not compatible for fixed mud guards. Clip on options are compatible with both the frame and fork.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If I run a single speed in future it would be a ‘normal’ frame and I’d run a tensioner.

EBB solves that (with a new frame obviously) whilst still allowing a fixed gear.

Yeah I’ve gotta say selling ‘gravel’ or ‘adventure’ frames/bikes without fixed mudguard mounts is stupid IMHO.

6 Vs 1/2 doz

For every rider that wants a glorified winter bike / tourer with full guards, there’s someone who want’s to ride it off road.  Full guards just don’t work off road, they clog with mud (they’re “road spray guards” really but that doesn’t roll of the tongue), they throw throw you OTB if you go over a stick, they rattle, they rub, they get bent in crashes etc etc etc. That’s why propper CX bikes don’t have them either.

I agree it’s probably better still to have them and not use them, but it’s not an issue for a lot of people buying them for their intended use.

rydster
    Free Member

Well a CX bike is a racing bike so wouldn’t need mudguards.

I run fixed mudguards and ride very muddy tracks indeed and it’s no issue. It all scrapes off.

My mudguards have plastic tabs to break if I pick up a stick, but it’s never happened.

I admit that mudguards aren’t cool but for a bike that isn’t intended to be raced the ‘cost’ of the fittings is negligible in terms of weight.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I run fixed mudguards and ride very muddy tracks indeed and it’s no issue. It all scrapes off.

Whereas I did it once, the guards filled with claggy clay and promptly jammed the wheel and ripped themselves off.

Mudguards work off road, I don’t dispute that, just not the full length ones that mount to eyelets.

BadlyWiredDog

A Trek Full Stache for the people please. but more hooligan. No mudguard mounts. Ta.

rydster
    Free Member

Whereas I did it once, the guards filled with claggy clay and promptly jammed the wheel and ripped themselves off.

Mudguards work off road, I don’t dispute that, just not the full length ones that mount to eyelets.

Well it might depend how knobbly and big your tyres are and the risk of encountering very sticky clay.

There is offroad and there is offroad of course.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Well it might depend how knobbly and big your tyres are and the risk of encountering very sticky clay.

Agreed, although in a great big venn diagram of off-road riding conditions, gravel bikes rule themselves out of rocky and technical riding, leaving lowland mile munching XC as their forte, which is where clay tends to be.

You can fit full length guards to a Gravel/CX bike (I have done, my CAADX has guards), but it ceases to be of any use as a Gravel/CX bike, it’s just a big tyred winter road bike with guards.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I logged on here to see what was going on in the world of mountain bikes, first time in literally years. I stopped visiting cos I felt like the feel of the place had gone from bike geeks and weirdos to management consultants setting leiure time targets. Inevitable, I guess when objects of desire and ‘lifestyle’ coincide. Nevermind, I got on with just riding my bike. For years. Everything works, still does. When the odd bit needed replacing a quick search on chain reaction found what i wanted and i didn’t have the faintest idea about ‘developments’.

Anyway, I logged on and saw this post. Having built up and ridden a load of On One and Planet X frames I had to have a read. Sad to find out there some kind of issue and then some sensitivities with ‘communications’. So it goes, I always used to like the fact I dealt with humans – warts and all – but maybe it was more than. Parts failuree and points of contact going silent? Not good by any measure.

So, great news Brant is back on board – without doubt, love him or hate him, a bike geek.

But then I read on. 29 is the new 26. 650blahblah. 26 ‘for kids’. Hahahaha. All those things that people did on 26″ wheels for, what? 4 decades? Kids stuff. NewProduct would have saved from the shit times we didn’t realise we were having.

It would be a cynic of the highest magnitude to imagine the big bike companies rubbing their together at the thought of filling garages and sheds not only with proper ‘grown up’ bikes and myriad cluttered boxes with spares, upgrades and such and then doing it all over again for ‘the little’uns’. Endless gravy chains (fluid shifting, my droogs!)

It all comes back to me. The annual obsolescence cycles (no pun intended), infauxvation, William Burroughs. “Hustlers of the world, there is one mark you cannot beat: the mark inside.”

**** that shit. I’ll check back in again in five more years. Maybeby then the increasingly oversize, ponderous riders will have traded their 29ers in for crown green bowling and 26ers will have had a rennaissance. Or not, IDK. Whatever. I’ve a garage full of 26 size spares’n’tyres and a bunch of secret trails. See ya later suckers!

(But: good luck to On One.)

superstu
    Free Member

Not really sure of the point of that last post, but just to add that a decent 29 hardtail would be most welcome. Looking forward to seeing what they can do.

andybanks
    Free Member

Would love to see a comeback of the C456. My favourite bike out of all the ones I’ve had.

Brant – you don’t seem to have a pic of one of these, so here you go – https://www.instagram.com/andybanks/p/XcIu-zGt_H/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=bkdkdklmxa7y

iamtheresurrection

Well, there you go. I hadn’t realised that after spending nearly 30 years riding around on 26 inch wheels, preferring a 29er now makes me ‘oversized and ponderous’ and It looks like I will no longer know any secret trails.

Thanks HeathenWoods for showing me the error of my ways.

epicyclo

brant

That page is unreadable on my computer (Mac, Safari) – it is continually refreshing and I cannot scroll down far.

epicyclo

Here’s some missed from the On-One list.

135mm Pompino:

I used it for 4 years and gave it to my son 8 years ago. He’s done about 30-40,000 miles on it and just returned it… 🙂 (I still have my 120mm Pompino)

Ti Pompino:

Mini-velo 20″ wheels

Oh, and the Pompino On-One should have made, the belt drive Pompino:
    Belt drive works nicely on a 120mm Pompino.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I see you need an 853 Limited Edition Inbred, geared….

Sorry, but I can’t resist… 🙂 (Brant’s seen this before…)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/4Qkpd5]IMG_5527[/url] by Peter Atkin, on Flickr

And after the repair

[url=https://flic.kr/p/55A7yC]IMG_7260[/url] by Peter Atkin, on Flickr

and now, back to blue again after the second bout of welding…

\[url=https://flic.kr/p/GCjWmb]IMG_0489[/url] by Peter Atkin, on Flickr

charlielightamatch
    Free Member

I see you need an 853 Limited Edition Inbred, geared….

Sorry, but I can’t resist…  (Brant’s seen this before…)

LOL!

if it was PX as well you could also have a pic of the London Road Wizards Sleeve (TM) seat tube.

simono5

Couple of 456 Evo 2 at One Planet

chakaping
    Free Member

C456…

sparksmcguff

Amy chance of a cheap rigid singlespeed? Dont seem to exist anymore

Got a 99£ inbred a few years back. Built it up as a rigid monster cross single speed. Intended it as a pub bike. Way too much fun/good for that. Fab frame.

benpinnick

Aah, reminiscing about chain-suck. Takes me back to the nineties.

keithb

Ooh, talking about product requests, how about a modern saddle with bag-loops, so that nice Holdsworth saddle bag can attach directly to it…

GavinT
    Free Member

Need an image for a 26″ geared Tinbred?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LnkxWmqoisPpGCdz9

(Still ridden)

🙂

GavinT
    Free Member

Tinbred

charlielightamatch
    Free Member

I see the stupidly names sales are still running, trying to foist endless amounts of Chinese tat on us. I can never seem to unsubscribe from them either.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Please can we have a pompeTImine… And also I need a new fork for my steel Pompetamine, where the rotor bolts don’t rub on the bottom of the leg… Thanks.

faustus

keithb – you just need these: http://freshtripe.co.uk/velo-orange-saddle-loops/

Other makes available…

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘Guess who’s taken off his moleskin trousers, lost his stylus & rejoined On-One.’ is closed to new replies.