Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Gopro
  • covertbaz
    Free Member

Which One? Are they worth it? Alternatives?

Miss Covert has said she’ll get me one if I want, but want to make sure it’ll be worth it, I’ll use it and get the best for the money

spacemonkey

Search for the recent thread on the SJ4000. That’ll tell you what you need to know.

mjsmke

I have the Hero 3+ which is excellent. Light, strong, and very nice image quality.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I love my 3+ black, great quality – but will you use it? Good question…

Footage takes a lot of storage and organisation
    Editing takes a lot of time
    Need a reasonable to good computer and software to edit with

I quite often film stuff that stays ‘raw’ and just refer back to it – watch it back for my own reference. For sharing you need quick snappy editing, mine are probably all far too long and boring

Not just useful for sports, fun for filming family stuff too.

pnik

I’d suggest go for the new hero, if you get into it move on to a better model, if you don’t you’ve not blown a bucket of cash and you’ll definitely get some use from it.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’ve got a hero 3 black, I only use 960, 1080 resolutions generally and 1440 occasionally. I usually plump for around 30fps ish. I have used 60fps but it takes my PC that long to process I can’t be bothered and it’s not worth it for the minute bits possibly worth watching in slow motion.

As such, I could probably have got away with a lesser model.

Have a good look through the Abe Kislevitz site for GoPro settings and decide what you’d use and then select the model that suits best

My Hero 3 Black is was more than I ever use so probably wasted on me a bit in resolution terms.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve got an old Contour HD 720 and I use it now and again- sometimes you feel like you’re pissing about with the camera more than riding so I limit myself to ‘highways and holidays’ I’m going to get a Hero next week.

I’ve got a high-end PC so don’t think I’ll have much trouble with it, frankly if it does I’ve got a 16GB i7 in work I can use.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Gopro’ is closed to new replies.