Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Good Peaks route please,3 to 4 hrs?
  • Mugboo

Need a plan B for next Monday. We are planning on doing Helvelyn but need a plan be incase the forecast says no!

I have done Cut gate & the bridleways around Ladybower & Snake Doctor plus the Jacobs Ladder/Hayfield Loop. I have the VG route CD as well.

So I need a 3 to 4 hr loop that's as good as that stuff please?

Cheers Jason

So I'd like a 3 to 4 hr loop that's as good as that stuff please. As it's a Monday you can add in cheeky bits if that makes it work…

Cheers Jason

Mugboo

Bloody 3G receptions lousy at work so excuse my strange double question!

BigJohn

Hope Triple 8 off this site.

http://www.mountainbikerides.co.uk/routes/1-the-peak-district.html

But do the loop from Hope Cross anti-clockwise so you go down the beast. Or do it like they say, but go down the beast anyway, then push back up.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Personally I'd stick with plan A. There is good riding in the Peaks of course, but if I was on my way to the Lakes anyway I'd be looking at a poor weather Lakes alternative. There's a lot of good low-level stuff around Ambleside/Loughrigg Tarn/Hodge Close that would be better than anything in the Peaks in my opinion.

No idea what's on the VG CD. If it's just the Dark Peak stuff what about venturing into the White Peak? With the weather so dry the trails should be pretty fast. There's often a bit more road work to link routes than those around Ladybower and Kinder, but there's some good rocky stuff around Three Shires Head, Macc forest and Hollinsclough that can be linked into a good 3-4 hour ride.

sambob
    Free Member

Something around Hayfield? start in hayfield, go up 20 trees (yes there are only 19) up to the shooting cabins and down carr meadow, WALK up the track over the bridge at the bottom as the farmer there is very angry. Get to the top, cross the road, up over lantern pike, down into hayfield/birch vale. Cross the road and go up another road to new allotments and down to Peep o' day. Cross the main road and go down the motorway descent to the ashes, up a bit then down the campsite descent through the woods, then have fish and chips in the village 🙂

Mugboo

I suppose this is plan c as plan b is ullswater
    But I like to have my bases covered!

Mugboo

Cheers chaps

Still Tortoise is that route obvious on a map and is nice and techy?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Good Peaks route please,3 to 4 hrs?’ is closed to new replies.