Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 268 total)
  • Good ole Boris Johnson
  • kerley
    Free Member

Seems a shame to me because I like looking at attractive women. The point being that one of the reasons they do cover up is to stop apes like me gawping at them. Why so hard to understand?

It’s easy to understand why you said it now you have explained it.

What if they are not attractive?

What if covering up is nothing to do with stopping stone age man looking at them?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Aren’t the complaints now being taken to an independent tribunal ??

BBCNews is reporting such..

Hope it’s a tribunal that kicks him out of the Party..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hope it’s a tribunal that kicks him out of the Party.

Or if enough of his constituents sign the petition to force a by election, they could then deselect him for that.

willard

It may not even be solely about modesty. If you are a recent immigrant to any country and feel isolated and unsure of yourself, maybe this could be a way of providing some mental distance between the world and you.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Aren’t the complaints now being taken to an independent tribunal

Madness isn’t it.  Boris steps up and says he doesn’t think Burka’s should be banned and we should have open honest debate about it. He quite evidently doesn’t think women should wear them, but he wouldn’t ban them sounds quite forward thinking to me rather than other countries that have just banned them without any thought or public vote.

Of course the words he used were inflammatory, it got the response he wanted, and has got everyone talking about him.  Like him or loath him he’s got the PC brigade on here right in the palm of his hand.

Again I think very few people have read / heard the full article and are making very ill informed comments out of context. (link earlier in the thread is not the full document)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bd6y62

binners

Anna Sourby Tweeted yesterday:

Dominic Grieve is right. I believe many One Nation Tories would not stay in the Conservative Party should  Boris Johnson become leader. That was my public view some time ago! I also believe Dominic speaks for many millions of people who despair at the state of both main parties.

Wouldn’t it be great if Boris got his wish, only to destroy the Tory party?

Pretty good article in the Guardian today, stating the bleeding obvious

Boris Johnson is auditioning to lead a grim, insular Britain

He’s just doubling down on his shameless Brexit stand of pandering to racists and couldn’t give a toss about the consequences, as long as he gets what he wants

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Madness isn’t it.  Boris steps up and says he doesn’t think Burka’s should be banned and we should have open honest debate about it.

Well he pulled the Burka over your eyes didn’t he…..

He deliberately made offensive comments about how people looked in his article, carefully balancing it with the discussion but had to go in with the insulting comment to get a rise and make him a hero of the right.

It should 100% be investigated.

It stands with a long line of racist language he has used to describe people all over the world.

Like him or loath him he’s got the PC brigade on here right in the palm of his hand.

It would be if it wasn’t leading to his own party disowning him, threats of serious resignations if he makes leader.

and seriously WTF do you mean by PC brigade, do you mean people who chose not to be offensive **** in newspapers?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

he’s got the PC brigade on here right in the palm of his hand.

He really doesn’t. He’s got people that like to use weak-minded phrases like “PC Brigade” right in the palm of his hand. I hope you’re happy in there – lovely company to keep I’m sure.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I despair sometimes.

If I wasn’t on the moral high ground I occupy I really would be in bits and give up.

As is I reckon the lying fatuous oaf should be brought into question, question his morals and his actions.

Hope this tribunal brings all his actions to the for… We can rejoice at the ignominy of it all and he can shrink into his own flappy suit.

As for the article, yeas of course we’ve read it. The full text has been viewed and commented on Plenty in here.

Take what he says in context and it’s definitely a debate to be had.

No question.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

mikewsmith/deadlydarcy

There is a huge amount of racism in this country, don’t just be blinkered to think that it is people who vote for right wing conservatives.

Until people are willing to share their views in public then communities will continue to be divided.

Just shouting someone down and wagging a finger at them does not solve the issues, it just hides them under the carpet so we can all carry on in ignorant bliss.

dannyh
    Free Member

Brexit, Trump, Windrush, Johnson – all parts of the same trajectory, I’m afraid.

And it is one we must guard against.

This is about UKIP members attacking a bookshop. The response to send the UKIP thugs some reading matter will bring chortles in circles where clever slights are the preferred means of winning an argument. All well and good, but when someone just punches you in the face anyway for ‘being clever’, what’s the point?

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/aug/09/ukip-members-bookshop-attack-bookmarks

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😀

And as if by magic, I happen across this…

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/aug/08/boris-johnsons-burqa-comments-bolster-his-grassroots-conservative-support

Well, there’s a massive surprise eh? The “Tory grassroots” are delighted with Johnson’s commentary – confirming what we all know – they really do have a problem with islamophobia – not that we’ll hear that much about it.

Nor do we hear much from our STW contingent of Christian swivel-eyed Tory/Brexit/quitling apologists – some of whom were happy to defend the islamophobic campaign enthusiastically waged by Zac Goldsmith when he had nothing else left to offer against Sadiq Khan.

Funny how they’ll drop in to shit their pants about anti-semitism but their silence is telling on this one.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

What if covering up is nothing to do with stopping stone age man looking at them?

Except it is, or at least appears to be according to the Quran:-

O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

So clearly women are ‘ordered’ by a man to dress down and cover up to prevent being letched upon and abused by Stone Age men….well men from the Middle Ages really who apparently couldn’t help themselves if they saw a woman. So now being abused by a man is a sin of a woman’s in the eyes of Allah if they are ‘dressing provocatively’ and not covered up. She deserved it apparently. Nice – so men created a rule putting all the responsibility of abuse onto women and the women have been convinced it’s a good thing….only religion can instil such nonsense in otherwise intelligent people.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There is a huge amount of racism in this country, don’t just be blinkered to think that it is people who vote for right wing conservatives..

Very true but this is all about context as pointed out.

Borris has made a judgement (probably following his chat with Bannon) that in order to have a shot at leadership/PM he needs to have a little Martyr moment to make May do something.

If it results in a leadership challenge his calculations are that he needs the racist/right wing/Swivel eyed loons in his camp for a vote.

The rest of the racists/bigots are who are not members of the Tory party do not matter at this point – he needs the members attention..

If he gets this he can open himself up as the man of the people and appeal to a bigger cross section of people who don’t like immigrants or differences.

Just shouting someone down and wagging a finger at them does not solve the issues, it just hides them under the carpet so we can all carry on in ignorant bliss.

It appears there is much more than finger wagging going on here.

kimbers

Hes got the grassroots conservative tory party members eating right out of<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”> t</span>h<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>e palm of his hand.</span>

His reasonable attitude toward the Burka & Denmark was deliberayely (this was for a newspaper column that he sat down to write, not some off the cuff comments in the middle of a debate) spiked with some mocking phrases to ilicit the response he wamted:

So he can claim to be oppressed as its all ‘PC gone mad’ ignoring the fact that hes giving license to those who heard his dog whistle to stir up islamaphobia.

& of course get his base all fired up, for his leadership bid.

Its no coincidence this came a short a while after he met Steve Bannon

daern
    Free Member

Seems a shame to me because I like looking at attractive women. The point being that one of the reasons they do cover up is to stop apes like me gawping at them. Why so hard to understand?

Read my post on the previous page. You are grossly over-simplifying this and making the (very great) assumption that this is a simple matter of choice. It’s far more complicated than this and very much entwined with the history of how women have been treated in the middle east for many years.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There is a huge amount of racism in this country, don’t just be blinkered to think that it is people who vote for right wing conservatives.

I realise that the opportunity to wee on the “STW PC Brigade” probably gave you at least a semi, if not a full on raging tumescence, but if you could stop for a moment and direct me to where I said that?

oldtalent
    Free Member

Usual suspects in a tizz on here. As usual.

Will be ace when he becomes pm. Some of you lot will implode.

Top entertainment.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Here Boris, why don’t you resign and go and make a tit of yourself for a bit, deflect some of these brexit headlines….

squirrelking
    Free Member

<p><p>So the women that choose to wear it, for whatever reason, are being oppressed. Despite some being on record as having husbands who either don’t care or would prefer if they didn’t.</p><p>All those women in Denmark protesting against the ban on wearing Burqas must be wrong too.</p><p></p><p>Good job you guys are all here to explain it to the poor dears.</p></p>

binners

Will be ace when he becomes pm. Some of you lot will implode.

By the looks of it, it’ll be the Tory party that does the imploding.

Bring it on! Boris for PM!!! 😀

dissonance

He deliberately made offensive comments about how people looked in his article, carefully balancing it with the discussion

No he didnt carefully balance it. He undermined what could have been a sensible piece in his desire to please the loonies probably because he thought they might get upset about a sensible piece.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No he didnt carefully balance it.

Well he has got some in hook line and sinker.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh look, someone’s logged out and back in as oldtalent as no one had appeared stupid enough in the thread so far. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He undermined what could have been a sensible piece

It’s staggering that there are people out there that believe Johnson gives two fifths of a flying shit about Muslims wearing burqas/niqabs/veils/etc.

binners

If Boris thought that writing a piece about eating babies, making every firstborn child be christened Colin, or banning the colour red would get him into number ten, he’d do it in a heartbeat.

Boris doesn’t give a flying **** about anything other than Boris and his limitless greed and ambition.

Remember when he was running for London Mayor? Then he painted himself as Mr Modernising, cuddly, inclusive and multicultural, just because that was the majority audience he had to appeal to. He didn’t bat an eyelid about now saying the polar opposite as he’s playing to a different gallery.

He’s just hitched himself to Steve Bannon and his hard right, populist bandwagon, as he now thinks that will get him what he wants

cynic-al
    Free Member

oldtalent’s a Putin/Trumpbot

binners

I think he may actually be Steve Bannon

dannyh
    Free Member

Does anyone actually know if ninfan, oldtalent, 5thElephant and Mooman are just the same person? Or are they a coterie who all use those logins to appear slightly different whilst trolling?

Wasn’t ninfan zulueleven in the past too?

The fact that they are trolls (or a single troll) is a given, but it would be interesting to see the true relationship and programme behind the whole lot – a sort of case study in how trolls operate.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

a sort of case study in how trolls operate.

stevextc
    Free Member

So the women that choose to wear it, for whatever reason, are being oppressed. Despite some being on record as having husbands who either don’t care or would prefer if they didn’t.  All those women in Denmark protesting against the ban on wearing Burqas must be wrong too. Good job you guys are all here to explain it to the poor dears.

What does “whatever reasons” even mean?

For every woman wearing a burka against their husbands or father’s wishes are millions being coerced, forced, beaten or otherwise made to wear them.

Even if you take the PoV that they choose to do this because of religion then it’s picking and choosing because if they are that strict then they shouldn’t be having opinions anyway let alone out protesting.

It’s not like the ones who are not allowed to leave the house alone have any voice in this and the irony of those living in a country where they can have a voice that choose to use that voice to condemn others is perhaps unsurprising and reminiscent of

But if they’d let me wear one of those little rubber things on the end of my cock, we wouldn’t be in them ess we are now. … thanks to him, my dear, I can wear whatever I want on my John Thomas. … up high, and say in a loud steady voice: ‘ Harry I want you to sell me a condom. …

slowoldman

So, your solution is?

anagallis_arvensis

For every woman wearing a burka against their husbands or father’s wishes are millions being coerced, forced, beaten or otherwise made to wear them.

Could you show your workings out on this one please?

kerley
    Free Member

Yes, I would like to see the workings too.  So for each 1 woman wearing one out of their own choice there are millions (yes millions plural) being forced and beaten (yes beaten) to wear them.

Whats that, about 100 women in the whole world who choose to wear one, wow, low number.

stevextc
    Free Member

So, your solution is?

I’d just make it illegal in public (ironic) .. so if someone is in a bank and they get refused then tough luck.. if they are at airport security … tough… if they are involved in a traffic accident because they can’t see then they are to blame.

I wouldn’t really try and enforce it in a hard way … the legal position for me would be for the benefit of banks, security and people ploughed down by cars (etc.).. thus removing the whole “you can’t ask me to remove it” point.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d just make it illegal in public (ironic)

Is all of you post ironic? Hard to tell really

dannyh
    Free Member

I’d just make it illegal in public (ironic) .. so if someone is in a bank and they get refused then tough luck.. if they are at airport security … tough… if they are involved in a traffic accident because they can’t see then they are to blame.

I wouldn’t really try and enforce it in a hard way … the legal position for me would be for the benefit of banks, security and people ploughed down by cars (etc.).. thus removing the whole “you can’t ask me to remove it” point.

WTF? The only thing I can glean from this gibberish is that you don’t get irony.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They’re a scary bunch, these burqa wearing wimminz. Can’t see it myself but gammons the country over seem utterly terrified of them.

cchris2lou

People associated with burkas dont even eat pork , Gammons have nothing to fear .

nickc

If on;y Corbyn had realised; all you need to **** the Tory party is a bit of cloth over your face.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 268 total)

The topic ‘Good ole Boris Johnson’ is closed to new replies.