• This topic has 50 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Good old Joey Barton!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

When will that tool learn??

Fisticuffs again

MSP

Yes shocking behaviour, being verbally abused attacked and punched in the face, its about time victims of such crimes were locked up and the key thrown away.

Major Grumble Farquharson (retired)
    Tundbridge Wells

wrightyson
    Free Member

But surely the lad knows he’s gonna get stick, why put yourself in that situation??

Haze

Yep, he should stay in and not leave the house.

😉

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m sure he is the true diplomat when it comes to confrontation.
    Two to tango and all that.

oldgit
    Free Member

He isn’t a tool.

He is the pinnacle of English sporting achievement, he is a captain of an English Premier football club. He is the imbodiment of what every young child and man wants to be. He and those like him i.e Mr Terry are on a pedestal for us all to admire.

Wonder why we live in a c*** culture?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

someone on here was defending him as a reformed character.

Fighting outside nightclubs at 5.30 am hardly looks like it.

trailmonkey

Fighting outside nightclubs at 5.30 am hardly looks like it.

yeah, smashing some poor bloke in the fist with his nose – what a hooligan.

jesus, at least let the bloke be tried and convicted before casting judgement 🙄

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

so why was barton arrested then if he was an innocent set upon? What was he doing getting into that situation?

emsz
    Free Member

in nightclub punch ups, the cops tend to arrest everyone involved TJ. When was the last time you were at one? 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Punch up or nightclub? 🙂 a couple of years ago now for sure. However here they do not tend to arrest people who have been set upon. Not enough cells to put them in.

Jamie
    Free Member

When was the last time you were at one?

If it means stepping away from furiously bashing his keyboard, I’m going to guess never.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Please, please. Can we remember it is never mr bartons fault, even when he uses someones face as an ash tray 😯

convert

5.30am at a nightclub as a trained athlete – I don’t know how they do it! I’m no football fan or apologist but playing at the top level looks proper difficult in terms of fitness required. To keep that level of fitness, even in the off season you would have thought would take a level of dedication that would mean being in a club at that time of night just would not be on your radar as an acceptable thing to be doing. I can’t imagine a track and field athlete, even in the depths of winter, being out drinking at 5.30am. Yet these footballerists manage to hold it together physically – amazing!

emsz
    Free Member

depends TJ, if the cops get there and everyones just fighting, they get everyone, doesn’t matter who says “im innocent”

Ive seen cases where some bloke was on the ground getting pounded, turns out he’s been racist to some girl and about three or four other guys had beaten him up, he was arrested. But it looked like they were just smashing up some random.

They cops don’t know until they find out, so they tend to grab everyone.

emsz
    Free Member

Convert, I was out on saturday, and I’m well fit LOL

ScottChegg
    Free Member

…5.30am at a nightclub as a trained athlete…

Wendyball does not require you to be an ‘athlete’, but since it’s finished for the summer, is he not allowed a night off?

Haze

Mr Barton’s reputation goes before him, he’s going to be a target for any random idiot.

bullheart
    Free Member

Major Grumble Farquharson (retired)
    Tundbridge Wells

You’re not the real Major Grumble Farquharson!!!

It’s Tunbridge Wells!!!

Imposter…

trailmonkey

so why was barton arrested then if he was an innocent set upon?

so everyone who is arrested is guilty ?

i’d stop digging if i were you.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

trailmonkey – my experience is that they only arrest people who have had a complaint made against them or there is other evidence. If someone is merely set upon they are not arrested – thats my experience of working alongside cops in Edinburgh. Again ALL nighclubs here have CCTV outside them so the cops immediately review it to see what happened. the simply do not have the cells to lock everyone fighting up

If someone thumped him and thats all that happened he would not have been arrested – even if he was drunk he would have been de arrested when sober not bailed.

There must be a case to answer.

convert

Wendyball does not require you to be an ‘athlete’, but since it’s finished for the summer, is he not allowed a night off?

I think the sports science types would disagree with you on the footballers are not athletes aspect.

As I said above – an athlete’s (assuming you think he is one) idea of a “night off” tends to be a little more muted.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    When was the last time you were at one?
    If it means stepping away from furiously bashing his keyboard, I’m going to guess never.

Genuine coffee/keyboard interface moment then…..

Still chuckling now!!!

emsz
    Free Member

Blimey just read about Joey barton, seems like a lovely chap!

billysugger
    Free Member

He should have a ‘sticky’ on this site.

trailmonkey

tj- you’ve won me over. i’ll ignore the fact that people get arrested then found not guilty or that people get arrested and it never goes to court. i’ll also forget that people are innocent until proven guilty.

trevh
    Free Member

Barton is nothing but a well paid thug who should never have played again after the first time he got convicted. There is always someone who is bigger and better one day he will get involved in a fight that he cant win. serves him right

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

They didn’t turn up and nick everyone though! They turned up Barton claimed he had been assaulted but didn’t want to press charges that was news Sat am, Sun am he’s been nicked! it apperas to me the alleged offenders on assault on Barton were arrested at scene, coppers start investigating, seize CCTV … ah Mr Barton isn’t as innocent as he claims..which is very often the case in pub fights!!! so Sun am news Barton arrested ..quel surprise!! What a thug. That’s JIMO.

mk1fan
    Free Member

trailmonkey – my experience is that they only arrest people who have had a complaint made against them

So the other party says he punched me first.

It’s naive to think that a the Police are going to imediately investigate a minor incident involving possibly drunk parties when the priority is to keep the peace.

Being innocent is the matter for the Courts not protection from being arrested.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It’s naive to think that a the Police are going to imediately investigate a minor incident involving possibly drunk parties when the priority is to keep the peace.

its what happens here.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

TJ it will all depend on the information given, who rang the police, who witnessed it, who says what. But if you get a party of people saying “he hit me”..”no he hit me” then they are all coming in for an affray, interviews, CCTV and slow time enquiries will then figure out who did what. When you have 8 coppers policing a town like Oxford that could well have 3000 odd people out on th pi** you have to manage the resources effectively.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

its what happens here.

I think ID might have been an issue in this case. Arresting everyone involved is not an unusual practice imo, and not an indicator of guilt.

project
    Free Member

The local paper up here, suggested that Joey Barton was aassaulted outside a gay club, which Garlands is, and his club said he suffered offensive chanting, before being hit by 2 lads, he was also reportred as not to be pressing charges,they got arrested, then he got arrested latter,so something obviously changed the police officers minds.

project
    Free Member

When you have 8 coppers policing a town like Oxford that could well have 3000 odd people out on th pi** you have to manage the resources effectively.

When we had a bloke with a flaming torch running through town on friday we had a helicopter, 3 riot vans fully loaded, a lot of pcso,s, 4 squad cars and a lot of senior officers.

Same with the thing for elizabeth windsor in london town today.

Obviously someone hadnt read the book “How to manage resourses effectively”

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Same with the thing for elizabeth windsor in london town today.

A helicopter, 3 riot vans, 4 squad cars, and a lot of senior officers ? What a terrible waste of resources.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

That’ll be government dictated though Project!! Bet local SMT dont’ want to be using their resources for that.

warton
    Free Member

Wendyball does not require you to be an ‘athlete’

My god, I’ve heard it all now.

mk1fan
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

its what happens here.

It doesn’t. The Police will make an assessment of the incident and act depending upon what they consider to be appropriate to keep the peace. This may involve nicking all parties concerned or sending parties off in different directions.

Only if a serious offence is suspected to have been commited would an investigation begin proper there and then.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mk1fan – I have seen them do it. In Edinburgh they cannot nick everyone who is fighting – only 60 cells in the city.

Not always of course but they tend to review cctv straight away before they bring anyone in

mk1fan
    Free Member

No, you’ve watched a few incidents and made a sweeping assumption. Proper investigations are made after the event.

Indeed there are plenty of times when people are let on their way simply because the cells are full.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Good old Joey Barton!’ is closed to new replies.