• This topic has 50 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Good old Joey Barton!
  • Northwind

wrightyson – Member

But surely the lad knows he’s gonna get stick, why put yourself in that situation??

Aye, he shouldn’t have gone out in that short skirt, he was asking for it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mk1fan – I have worked alongside the police here a fair bit

mk1fan
    Free Member

And not picked up anything.

Northwind

mk1fan – Member

It’s naive to think that a the Police are going to imediately investigate a minor incident involving possibly drunk parties when the priority is to keep the peace.

That’s exactly what happened for me.

mk1fan
    Free Member

There is a huge difference between undertaking a full and proper investigation and making an intial assessment of an incident.

What level / how indepth that initial assessment takes depends on a number of factors and availability of resources.

onehundredthidiot

Different “arresting procedures” north and south of the border. OH has had to attend various courses on the correct procedures to follow when she’s down in Londonshire on sports day.

Being taken in for a chat and arrested are two very different things in scotland AFAIK.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I think the sports science types would disagree with you on the footballers are not athletes aspect.

I doubt it; the refs tend to be fitter than the mincers in the posh boots.

sc-xc

I doubt it; the refs tend to be fitter than the mincers in the posh boots.

Are you for real?

My mate’s lad has just been released by the Walsall Youth Team – and trained for hours every day. He can run faster, longer than anyone I know, excellent swimmer, strong upper body etc. He had a few run outs for the Reserves, which was a different level – and another step up to play in the first team.

This is a lower league club. By the time you are getting to Championship/Prem levels, whatever your prejudices against football players are, it is undeniable that they are incredibly fit.

Mind you, calling them mincers says something.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Incredibly fit … mmm I have to disagree on that espeically versus other sports.

Edric64
    Free Member

Wendyball does not require you to be an ‘athlete’,

I take it you dont play football but are a fan of eggchasing where those who lack the coordination to play football end up ?

hora
    Free Member

Just wait until his playing career ends. I give it 2yrs tops. The money gone and tge papers salivating over his downward spiral.

Jail though. Not drink like Gazza.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Good old Joey Barton!’ is closed to new replies.